[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is java a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: téléchargement.png (8KB, 316x160px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.png
8KB, 316x160px
should i even bother learning java? I head its only popular cause its thaught in universities , after graduating people dont use it and u cant find many jobs of it , and I also heard C#does its job way better , is this true?is java a meme?
>>
>>59271331
bump need serious answers
>>
java is used all over the world

Yes, it's a meme

Yes, c# does things better, but java is used because it was free before c#
>>
>>59271358
>java is used all over the world
{citation needed}
name 1 ONE game that is made by JAVA
>>
It's fine if you don't mind SimpleBeanFactoryAwareAspectInstanceFactorys, AbstractAnnotationConfigDispatcherServletInitializers, TransactionAwarePersistenceManagerFactoryProxys, or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochs.
>>
>>59271389
Minecraft
>>
>>59271331
no DO NOT LEARN IT.
>>
>>59271389
>name 1 ONE game that is made by JAVA
Literally all mobile phone games for Android
>>
>>59271331

It's definitely worth learning because they use it everywhere.

You'll hate it, though.
>>
>>59271417
>mfw all of those are real except the last one
>>
>>59271331
Let me tell you this, if you can't learn languages like java and c# within 1-2 months you're basically mentally damaged and should give up. They're so easy that even indians can "use" them.
>>
>59271468
>lagroid shitty api filled crap
>games
>>
You should definitely learn C# instead of Java, they're practically the same language and you can get the job done much more efficiently and easily in C#.
>>
>>59271904
dont listen to this guy
C# will soon be abandonned , java is here to stay ,
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>59271920
>C# will soon be abandoned
>>
>>59271920
Don't listen to this guy. Everything will be deprecated by single page applications built with pouchdb and react.

I haven't used pouchdb yet btw I have no idea if it lives up to its hype.
>>
>>59271733
You could learn Java syntax in a day easy. Its just the huge standard library that's hard to learn.
>>
>>59271389
this is bait
>>
You guys are all wrong. With hardware getting better everything will soon be programmed in JavaScript. JavaScript back ends are already there, next is JavaScript OS, JavaScript kernel, JavaScript machine code
>>
File: you_jojos.gif (815KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
you_jojos.gif
815KB, 480x270px
>>59271389
Here is your (you)
>>
>>59272360
But I will literally kill myself if this happens.
>>
>>59272360
>With hardware getting better

Not even that. We're going that way regardless, one framework at a time.
>>
>>59271666
java suffers A LOT of overengineering and A LOT of memeing idiots who think every simple problem needs a complex solution
>>
>>59275089
To be fair it's mostly just spring
>>
>>59271331
java is 100% comfy, don't fall for the micosoft meme
>>
>>59271331
As much as I hate Java I would never say it is useless or not commonly used in the industry. Hadoop which is Java based is and has been a commonly used framework by pretty much everyone using data. Also you have Android apps. That being said the job market for straught up Java devs (not Android, Hadoop etc) is mostly shit tier for big enterprise companies.
>>
>>59271417
yes this is your life if you get a java gig. it's tools tooling tools, on frameworks that make patterns so you can abstract while you abstract.

The biggest problem is it's difficult to express easy ideas. however, things get easier as the "idea"/project gets more complex. You've paid a minimum in overhead to write in java and the marginal gains get larger as you write more code. It's why no system utilities or small projects exist for java, but million line enterprise systems do. also the startup time for the jvm is a bitch.
>>
>>59277497
So do you even know what you're writing code for? Or your just writing more code to work with the existing code and just keeps going until you have an unmaintainable mess that goes nowhere.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (23KB, 921x606px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
23KB, 921x606px
baka just another java cuck
>>
>>59277538
dude you just toss code on more code until it works and then make code to do shit with the initial code while praying it never breaks because if it does there's no way in fucking hell you're gonna fi it. it's like a pile of junk, you just keep tossing shit at it until something sticks and then watch to see if anything falls off, that's programming, that's your life now.
>>
>>59272275
``Java syntax" is literally just C without pointers.
>>
I write backend REST-ish APIs in Java and it's actually pretty alright. AMA.

I get a kick out of brogrammers shitting on Java (and by extension, C#) between throwing down some sick reps and chugging a soylent when an entire ecosystem has sprung up around trying to add types and compile-time checking to JavaScript (TypeScript et al) and Python (PEP484, mypy).
>>
>>59271389
Javascript
>>
>>59271389
Game development isn't the only type of job available.
>>
Java itself as a language is ok
everything surrounding it is complete pajeet garbage autism enterprise memes
>>
>>59277782
Professionally? If so, how did you get your job? I've thought about applying for Java developer positions in the past but they all require 5+ years of experience.
>>
>>59278481
Make a toy API (or two or three) just for your portfolio, put it on Github, and apply anyways. Unless you're applying to Lockheed Martin or someshit those "requirements" are just suggestions.
>>
>>59277710
and also all your code has to be inside a class, and you can't leave off arguments to main, and main returns void instead of int
>>
>>59271331
Its the most used programming language in the world
http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
>>
>>59278597
>main returns void instead of int
That's because the Java runtime handles the actual returning of the error code. If you use System.exit(), you can explicitly pass the integer that main would normally return in C.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.