[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will SATA disappear completely?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

When will SATA disappear completely?
>>
Considering all of the newest motherboards are using them and there isn't (unless I'm mistaken) a replacement on the way, we could imagine that maybe 10 years if we get word today that there is a better alternative.
>>
Never :^)
>>
>>59267288
then SATA4 when?
>>
>>59267288
Could be much lower if persistent RAM is anything to go by. You could have MBs with no disk slots whatsoever almost overnight.

It's unlikely to pan out that way though.
>>
>>59267364
Not for quite a while. SATA3 isn't depreciated by mainstream SSD's, it takes either an M.2 or an NVME PCI-E drive to depreciate it, and they're both more expensive than normies care for.
>>
>>59267389

>normies can't appreciate m.2 or NVME

nigga please. I chose an M.2 just for that aesthetic.
>>
>>59267389
>tfw my mobo doesn't have M2
Now I see that I cucked myself out of many cool things by going with H81

Doesn't support DDR4 either
>>
>>59267401
You're not a true normie though. True normies wouldn't even know what NVME is, let alone be willing to spend that kinda money on it.
>>
>>59267270
it just werks
Only hipsters and fags demand change of well know standarts
>>
>>59267446

It's only like a few hundred dollars. and the boot speed compliments my i7 and gtx1080 pretty well.
>>
>>59267477
Exactly. To normies, a couple of hundred is all they want to spend on an entire system, you have to remember that.
We like tech. We appreciate what has come to be, what performance we get and understand that cutting edge technology comes at a cost. That's why I pre-ordered the Fury X back in the day, to go alongside my 4790k (and why I've built a whole loop water cooling solution).

Normies don't want to spend more than £/$350, maybe 400 total.
>>
>>59267477
>It's only like a few hundred dollars
For 90% of people, a few hundred dollars is a lot. And they don't even know what nvme is anyway.
>>
>>59267535

so wait.../r9k/ calls a normie because i fuck my ex on the regular, have friends, and enjoy other normal things, but you guys say that i'm not just because of my hard drive form factor.

you guys all need to get on the same page when it comes to who we are and who we aren't ostracizing today.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (35KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
35KB, 600x374px
>>59267432
wew that was hard to rectify
>>
>>59267432
Good mobo now needs:
>USB 3.1 gen 2 (at least two)
>NVME
>maybe PCI 3

FUCKING FAGGOT FLASHING LIGHTS HCIWKDKFJ
>>
>>59267590
It's pretty clear, /g/ hates people based on technology when /r9k/ hates them based on whether they are robots or not.

Since both in groups are made of complete autists, normie still works as an exclusionary term.

Now get out of my board normie. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>59267270
Not soon, there's no way HDDs use m.2 or that using m.2 would be a good idea to use for HDDs. Sata will be there for the HDDs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.