[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people who unironically thinks using a VPN helps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SHIGGY-PEPE.png (26KB, 190x194px) Image search: [Google]
SHIGGY-PEPE.png
26KB, 190x194px
>there are people who unironically thinks using a VPN helps you from being traced

It's literally a single point of failure. What makes you think that measly monthly/yearly fee (or worse still, those free VPN services) won't budge the instant any law enforcement agency offer a sum that is 10x more than that?
>>
>>59259386

>Law Enforcement

Implying all VPNs are legitimate businesses.
>>
ohws it a single point of failure

on another note, say the person you are tracking is using a proxy. what methods do you really have to get past this?
>>
>>59259451
>ohws it a single point of failure
You just go to the VPN provider and use your usual methods to extract their logs and customer details

It's not as if there exists a single weakest link in all VPNs: they're all run by humans.
>>
>>59259386
The government is not everyone's enemy, anon. The ISP owner kinda dislikes my guts and there is no alternative nearby.
>>
>>59259498
>The government is not everyone's enemy, anon.
How's the pay going?
>>
>>59259386
It's called not logging
>>
>>59259386
1, they are not in a place where any law enforcement agency that applies to me has any authority

2, even if they "budged", they do not keep any information that could be used against me to begin with.
>>
>>59259561
Zero shekkles so far, but it is a diplomacy thing - I don't get in the way of the government, and it won't persecute me, same goes for websites administrators. I have gotten in the way of the ISP though and now it is pretty bitter towards me.
>>
>>59259386
VPN is good against mass surveilance, not against 3-letter russian agencies of course.
>>
>>59259659
>they do not keep any information that could be used against me
[citation needed]
>>
>>59259386
VPN is a meme. If you don't want to be traced then you should be using latest Chrome on Windows 10 because it's the least unique.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.