[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golang newbie projects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Hey assholes!

Im currently a sysadmin trying to learn the basics of programming, I've decided to go with Golang but I'm completely blank on what i could make.

Anyone have any ideas for something simple that would learn me the basics of programming and Golang?

All suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>>59258068
>assholes
Uh, sexist much? If you're going to use Go might want to get familiar with the CoC, buddy.
>>
Neck yourself
>>
Maybe this can give you ideas:

https://github.com/gizak/termui
>>
>>59258068
Try making sysadmin stuff maybe.
>>
>>59258134
How is calling a bunch of randoms on the internet assholes being sexist?
>>
System admin related programming has little in common with normal programming. You will be mostly looking to automate tasks through scripts rather than writing your own software.
>>
>>59258068
>I'm completely blank on what i could make
You could kill yourself.
>>
>>59258068
Go is a general purpose programming language. Meaning you can make just about anything in Go.

Although Go is a very nice and easy language the resources are not very abundant. You can look at https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/Books
>>
>>59258068
>I'm completely blank on what i could make.
It's solid for anything networking/concurrency related.

>Anyone have any ideas for something simple that would learn me the basics of programming and Golang?
Try https://tour.golang.org
Get "The Go Programming Language by Alan A. A. Donovan, Brian W. Kernighan"
>>
>>59258068
Make what golang is suited best for, non-system programming webstuff. Like an image board, for example.
>>
>>59259609
Are you an idiot, golang isn't a web language, take it from somebody who tried; that is not a road you want to go down.
>>
>>59258068
Hey piece of shit.
Sorry to learn about your lack of imagination.
Maybe you can make an app that shows how much a of a faggot you are.
>>
as a sysadmin start with python
>>
>Go
>Sysadmin
I was job hunting a few months ago and never came across that. You'd be much better off learning python or powershell, depending if your workplace has mostly linux/windows servers.

But if it's merely to learn programming as a sysadmin, here's a few ideas:
>automating tasks such as installations
>checking configurations and sending emails, slack channel, etc to alert of discrepancies/issues
>log parsing
>doing stuff across multiple servers, ssh
>sending data to monitoring system
>using a rest api
>>
>>59259803
Well, the only worthwile software by far written in golang is gogs.
Also unlike what >>59258942 says, golang isn't for general programming, because that would require metaprogramming facilities. So it's a network something DSL at best.
Now if you said, its libraries don't even suffice for web dev, a discipline that can practically done with shitty shell scripts, that sure isn't a good sign.
>>
>>59259917
>golang isn't for general programming, because that would require metaprogramming facilities

So C isn't for general programming either then?
>>
>>59260769
That's right, and C even has shit tier metaprogramming by preprocessor. And for the most part, people don't use it as an general programming language.
>>
>>59258209
It's a joke about their opinions
>>
>>59258942
Thanks, i'l take a look!

>>59259255
Thanks!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.