[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Programming Language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: JS.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
JS.png
4KB, 225x225px
Hey guys whats the best programming language for software and also i just learned JS and Java is they still cool and popular in 2017
>>
>>59252874

Rust or Ruby .. dont listen to the shitposters below me and get an actual job ... they are just NEETs who shill outdated dumb languages
>>
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>59252874
yeah they’re both very relevent in 2017

learn c++. its decent for general dev and impressive to employers if you know the language well.
>>
>>59252874
>i just learned deprecated javascript
>didnt learn ecmascript 6 in 2017
>>
>>59253387
ES6 is still Javascript, there is no way you can tell whether the OP has learned an outdated version of the language or not.
>>
>>59253387
KYS
>>
learn c and cobol
c for embeddeds and systems, cobol for banking.
kids these days think those are obsolete, yet all the stuff they use depends on them and will depend on them for the next 40-60 years. since most people won't know them, you'll have guaranteed job security.
>>
Anything that gets shit done.
>>
>>59252888
why the fuck would you advocate Ruby instead of Python in 2017?
>>
>>59253288
>learn c++. its decent for general dev and impressive to employers if you know the language well.
It's like saying to a biologist "learn particle physics, it's impressive to employers if you know it well"

OP would've learned that shitshow language if he had needed it. Otherwise it's just an insanely huge and pretty useless commitment.
>>
>>59253496
>>59253496
>>59253496
This, ignore the manchildren parroting their favorite language.
>>
>>59252888
Ruby is dead. Rails is now surpassed by alternatives that actually perform/scale well, and it was the only thing that made Ruby popular.
>>
>>59253564
idk It was my first programming language and I picked it up pretty quickly. I realize that some of the stuff in the language kinda retarded but thats not to say it's a bad language for software either.
>>
>>59253729
OP could probably learn the basics quickly because of Java and JS, but what for?

C++ is less popular. Much bigger and thus more to learn than say C#.
>>
>"is they"
kill yourself
>>
Thats the issue I guess. I don't mean that he should just learn the basics but really learn it inside and out. IMO being a good c++ dev is kinda a stamp of a good programmer, regardless of if they go into web dev or embedded stuff. And its not like the language is obsolete, most companies have at least one project being done in it.
>>
>>59254195
replying to >>59253883
>>
real men use QBasic
>>
real men use QBasic
>>
1. Please punctuate your sentences and do not use run-ons.
2. Please capitalize the letter 'i' when used as a word.
3. Please use the word "are" instead of "is" when the subject is "they".
4. There is no single best programming language for "software"; it depends upon what that software is used for.
5. Java and JavaScript are still well-used in industry.

>>59253525

Ruby is a lot more fun to work in than Python, and they are extremely similar in terms of language features and available libraries.

>>59253623

>the only thing that made Ruby popular
Well, there's also Metasploit...
>>
>>59255265
>similar in available libraries
wewlad
e
l
a
d

also i and everyone else does not give a shit about when you is telling people to do stuff with their gammar cause it bothers you.
>>
>>59252888
>Ruby
>2017
well at least you didn't say PHP
>>
>>59256469
>implying PHP won't get you job

inb4 poo in la zee loo, you clearly don't work in the field.
>>
>>59252874
HTML and basic
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.