[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eli the Computer Guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 20170305_135734png.png (352KB, 533x578px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_135734png.png
352KB, 533x578px
Thoughts on him?
>>
>>59248472
He's retired. He's jewish. He's an ex-military. He's okay.
>>
>>59248472

didnt he throw some hissy fit once and claimed that YouTube is after him and reddit was all over it?!!

what happened to that?! he seems super mad and autistic .. probably cause he thought he becomes a billionaire one day but then realized all his autistic knowledge doesnt lead anywhere anyway
>>
>>59248472
He's fine, One of his videos helped me in a uni class
>>
>>59248482

>ex-military

really?
>>
>>59249457
Not really, maybe, somewhat. I remember him saying he worked for the military as a sysadmin.
>>
File: 1457617563924.jpg (212KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1457617563924.jpg
212KB, 1136x640px
Eli is like a case study in informational youtube stars. He starts off with good quality focused material, gets successful and ends up being detached from the original issues and dealing with a legion of fans who want him to fix their life.

He is former military, started as an army electronics dude.

His old stuff (any of the tech explanations) is good. He takes a very down to earth/human friendly approach to explaining topics.

His medium term stuff where he explains "industry" and "career" stuff is okay. It'll help a lot to see the mindset of a hiring manager but he's been out of IT since his tutorials took off. As a result he misses some trends like "security" and has the old mindset of 1337 computer guys can do security but noobs can't. This is a big swing and a miss as low level people can slap a security label on their job and double their paycheck. (I'm not helpdesk I'm incident response bro!) He's very spot on when he says IT is dying and explains why.

His current hour long rambling/tech news/good living stuff is meh. He made a bunch of money from nerds who wanted him to life coach them and now he just rambles into the camera and gets that sweet "coaching session" cash from startups.

Overall good dude but victim of his own sucess.
>>
>>59249641
Hi Louis :^)
>>
i watched two of his videos about vpns. less than one hour later im a proud owner of a vpn service.
>>
>>59248510
Yeah i saw that too, he seems like a whiny faggot who sticks his nose in other peoples channels too. He's like an archfiend clone.
>>
>>59249843
>>59248510
Youtube-drama faggots, the both of ya. Bleuuus, gill urseves.
>>
>>59248472
>Thoughts on him?
I love his marketing channel. Very well done
>>59249726
>I watched his commercial s about VPNs
>>
>>59248472
annoying jew
>>
>>59248472
hes good knows the business end of things. Will teach you structure in what you're learning.

Picture of some noodles I had for dinner Friday after pulling cable in NY
>>
He's a lot like trump.

He talks a lot, but never really says anything.
>>
>>59251943
marketing and politics are a lot alike
>>
>>59248482
>He's jewish.
>He's okay.
He surely is retired tho.

His old classes are fucking great.
>>
File: 1488046350984.jpg (66KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1488046350984.jpg
66KB, 396x396px
>>59248472
his tech knowledge is hilariously outdated
he should make videos about the business side of running a consultancy or whatever
he makes 10 hour live streams about reading tech news instead
>>
>>59251858
>I love his marketing channel. Very well done
which channel is that? I know he has 3 channels but none of them strike me as 'a marketing channel'.
>>
hes got some good stuff on active directory, but when the videos started turning into bitching and moaning about youtube and the world i stopped giving a shit
>>
Pseudo intellectual that spouts worthless generalities so that he can insert commercials in the middle

Great way to make money cable monkey tier knowledge of the industry
>>
>>59248472
He needs to learn how to be concise. It's like he is actually too fucking autistic to understand the difference between long and long-winded.
>>
File: correct.gif (4MB, 422x418px) Image search: [Google]
correct.gif
4MB, 422x418px
>>59249641
this is a good evaluation.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.