[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found some dudes trying to copy the whole cicada 3301 thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_1.jpg (548KB, 1599x776px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
548KB, 1599x776px
Sorry if this is the wrong board, but I'm sure we can all figure this out.

So I was on omegle and the stranger just started spamming some binary and d/c'd (see pic).

I was curious so I checked it out, and it brought me to some google docs message with more binary on it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NsaHyD0ITQ6NbpUQPlsHSphNoQy1nOYzfWyrIcpiEog/edit

They call themselves Illumination and blah blah blah. I'm more curious to see if this is just some troll or if some other person is actually trying to make something of this. I'm retarded and it's late so I never got past the first clue, which reads

"WARNING: The path to illumination is long and spreads across the Globe, it will challenge your intelligence and physical limits. It was created to filter out only the most intelligent and capable members of society to join us in our search for knowledge.

You will receive one message to start you on your way, that 'clue' will lead you to another clue, and so on. It is a long taxing trail, but Illumination lies at the end

First Message:

======================
"The Opal holds the key to the hidden door.
Kneel at the feet of the Blind Angel & follow the Stones of Blood.
Raise your eyes & gaze upon the Second Clue."
======================

We await you at the end of your journey.

Cerca Trova, Seek and Find"

Cerca trova is a reference to the The Battle of Marciano painting, but I havent really checked it out.

I would google this to see if it's a known troll but illumination is too broad to get any useful results.
>>
>>59246060

Delete this fucking thread while it's still fresh you shitposter.
>>
These "challenges" usually favor those who have an autistic-tier knowledge of fantasy lore and occult stuff rather than people with actual technical skill.

This thread is perhaps better suited for >>>/x/ or >>>/lit/
>>
>>59246083
you cant tell me what to do
>>
>Hey guise I found the thousandth dumb ARG.
>>>/x/
>>
>>59246060
>So I was on omegle and the stranger just started spamming some binary and d/c'd (see pic).
aka you spammed it posted a pic here
>>
>>59246164
just in case no one believed me
>>
>>59246187
think about that for a minute, look at your thread and then let the implicit loneliness settle in real nice and depressing like
>>
>>59246155
i don't go hunting for this kind of stuff so i was surprised to see it randomly. i didnt know it became a big thing recently
>>
>>59246203
im so alone i spend my free time on 4chan
>>
File: angry cat.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
angry cat.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
This type of thread is exactly why I stopped trying to design ARGs long ago. Nobody wants to have any kind of fun. They just bitch and moan through the whole thing about how stupid it is without considering how much work and time and coordination went into putting the whole thing together. Unless you're working for 42 Entertainment, don't even bother trying to design an ARG because 90% of the time, almost nobody will play it.
It sucks. I wish people were more adventurous and lighthearted.
>>
>>59247640
> I'm a psychopath and nobody appreciates it
>>
>>59247695
Not even trying to be edgy or anything. I just used to go through a lot of effort to put together this fun thing that a bunch of strangers could experience for free and nobody wants to even try to engage. Won't even give it a chance. All I want to do is introduce a little bit of adventure in people's boring everyday lives but it seems nobody wants to have even a tiny amount of fun.
One time I printed out hundreds of signs and taped them to poles as a trailhead for one of my earlier ARGs and literally NO ONE AT ALL called the phone number or sent an email. Those signs were up for like a month, yet not a single person called or even seemed to be just the tiniest bit curious as to what's going on. It sucks.
>>
>>59247739
most people are bombarded with millions of distractions which offer instant gratification every day. you have to act more outrageous to stand out and grab attention. next time try taping signs to your dick and run naked while screaming allahu akhbar, see if they call somewhere
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.