[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better, a cell phone with 64 GB storage and a 64 GB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: micro-sd-card-in-cell-phone.jpg (34KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
micro-sd-card-in-cell-phone.jpg
34KB, 600x480px
Which is better, a cell phone with 64 GB storage and a 64 GB SD card, or a cell phone with 128 GB storage and no SD card slot?

Personally, I think manufacturing a cell phone with no SD card slot should be grounds for eternal damnation.
>>
>>59245647
the 128 gb phone will have faster memory read and write speeds.

sd is slow and will always be slow.
>>
Neither. Both are digital tracking devices that surveil your every move.
>>
>fill up 20gb on phone
>realize its because im being a lazy sloppy neckbear

so i stopped being a lazy shit
>>
>>59245684
If you're not a criminal and don't care if strangers see your butt, then is being spied on by Big Brother anything but a convenience?
>>
>>59245647
I would pick 64+64.
>>
File: 1410807931502.jpg (209KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1410807931502.jpg
209KB, 600x847px
>>59245684
Do you have something to hide anon?
>>
the sdcard for versatility. nowadays ufs is superior to any sdcard but having a separate sdcard is always more convenient.
>>
>>59245647
Onboard storage is always faster than external storage and often the way the device uses external storage means that apps don't perfectly sit on the card but instead share some external and some internal so there's always a bit of an issue there.

However if you want to use your device to view a lot of media it is often quicker/easier to dump onto a microSD card than it is to copy to the device across USB or network, so there are benefits there.

Frankly, I don't use my phone for games or file based media consumption so the 32GB internal I have and empty SD card slot is perfectly fine.
>>
>>59245647
128 GB of NVMe SSD of internal storage on a good phone will fuck every MicroShit card in terms of random read and write performance.
>>
>>59245684
how did you post this?
>>
>>59245647
>Making a phone without an extra slot costs less.
>More affordable phones for everybody.

>eternal damnation
Fuck off.
>>
>>59245647
sd cards will always be better. you could have 100 of those with you.
>>
>>59245806
sure its faster but what do you need that speed for in a phone?
>>
>>59245778
Weakest bait ever
>>
>>59247522
Shit in the loo ramesh
>>
biggest issue is manufacturers always get the cheapest slowest SD interfaces so they never even utilize UHS-II speed even when available on the SD
>>
>>59245713
This, the capacity of SDs are increasing so you could upgrade to a 128gb or bigger card by the time you've run out of storage.
>>
>>59245647
>eternal damnation.
I'm saving that for people like you.
>>
>>59245647
The second one is faster, so I'll take that
>>
>>59247574
If you want to use the external storage for applications then it becomes an issue for load times and the such.

MicroSD is terrible for random read and writes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170305-202519.png (74KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170305-202519.png
74KB, 720x1280px
>>59245647
Dont get any more than 64GB m8
its useless. i even have 20gb worth of anime episodes on my phone
>>
>>59245707
if your country turns into a dictature with full access to its citizens’ data and you don’t share the same political ideas and beliefs as your government, hell yes.
>>
I'm living with my 8GB phone and no SD card cause I realized i have 40% more battery life this way.
Never had a phone with no SD before, now I feel enlightened
>>
>>59248237
I have 128GB and it's filled with music.
I need to constantly carry a pendrive with OTG adapter.
>>
>>59245647
sd card is a terrible meme
>>
>>59247623
Nah, the weakest bait ever is from intelfags over the past 3 days
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.