[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Password Manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (36KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
36KB, 512x512px
Is there something better than keepass2?

What's the /g/ approved password manager?
>>
keepass
>>
>>59243305
>gui
>>
>>59243295

text document with passwords
>>
>>59243295
Lastpass if you want a cloud based one.

Keepass if you want one on your own device.

>inb4 the retard that uses a .txt file or just "remembers" them
>>
>>59243428
>Lastpass
They used to be good, but they got bought out by LogMeIn
>>
whats the point of a password manager exactly
>>
>>59243445
they store passwords in plaintext
>>
>>59243457
to better manage your passwords of course.
>>
>>59243530

i don't know what that means
>>
>>59243572
do you manually keep track of basket weaving forum accounts?

also helps via generating passwords for you.

all upside to me, granted that you follow safe practices of course.
>>
>>59243600
What is your procedure for safe practice?
>>
>>59243906
eh you know don't use untrusted machines, encrypt when not in use, create a good passphrase to keep your passwords safe.

I figure this is basic stuff, if anyone has any more tips they would be appreciated.
>>
>needing a password manager to remember your passwords

LOL
>>
>>59244021
I think this depends on how many accounts you have. Especially those that I don't frequently use.
>>
>>59244021
either you reuse them, you have a great memory palace, or you have some system that make them no one wants to know about but you will feel it necessary to type it all out after this reply.
>>
>>59244176
>not being able to memorize hundreds of 5000 digit passwords that you change on a bi-weekly basis

when did /g/ get filled with retards?
>>
>tfw my master password is based on input pattern
>tfw Im fucked if keyboard layout changes for some reason
>>
>>59243337
kys
>>
>>59244224
should be fine, but should also be looking into replacing that with a passphrase
>>
>>59244236
Kys sounds like a good password manager software name, actually.
>>
>>59244276
It could be called "Key Yourself"
>>
>>59244021
>his passwords are shit

kek
>>
>>59243295
/thread
>>
>>59244392
my transition was lastpass > keepass 2 > keepass x > pass

been doing more and more in the command line, so it's pretty comfy managing my password like this.
>>
Keepass2 or a similar, compatible manager like KeePassX is one of the best around for its type.

Encryptr is the best for cloud based as a service, better than LastPass and such things.

Things that hash or generate passwords from a single master and don't store anythingare considered to be an issue depending on various things.

Everything else is less secure or private, or not very usable.
>>
Does someone here uses one of those long auto generated passwords?

I have been thinking about migrating from my dictionary password to a big long random generated one.

I am already using KeePassX
>>
>>59244302
Would fork from github and then get b& / 10
>>
>>59243337
t. tryhard
>>
Thoughts on this?

https://keeweb.info/
>>
>>59244422
What are your thoughts on pass keeping numerous password files versus one database
>>
>>59243295
enpass synced with your owncloud/nextcloud
>>
>>59244551
All my passwords are generated using keepass. I have keepass on my phone also. I back up my keepass file in more than one place, on a USB and a cloud service.
>>
>>59243295
i would like to tell you to use your brain but unfortunately you are not capable of using it
>>
>>59243600
>>59243906
>>59243992
STORING ALL OF YOUR PASSWORDS WITH A SINGLE PASSWORD IS NOW SAFE PRACTICE. THIS IS /G/ RIGHT NOW HAHHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>59247694
you are fucken retarded lmao
>>
>>59247708
I AM NOT THE ONE NOT CAPABLE OF USING HIS BRAIN AND DEPEND ON PASSWORD MANAGER HAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>59243295
Safe in Cloud.
Keepass2Android is shite.
>>
>>59247716
Can you remember more than one string of at least 10 letters numbers and special characters?
>>
>>59247736
YES I CAN FAGGOT, I HAVE MY OWN ALGORITHM IN MY BRAIN
>>
>>59247741
HAHA ME TO IM JUST TROLLING THESE PASS SPED MANAGER MILLENIALS HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>59247748
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA
>>
>>59247694
>>59247716
Hi there /v/eddit brainlet.
It actually is safer than using 1-3 passwords on all your websites. There is lower chance that someone will crack your password protected database (that you store on your local hdd) than some shitty website will leak your password/login combination for everyone to use, which happens all the fucking time. That's why people who are not retarded use password managers and generate multiple passwords for their uses.
>>
Why would anyone need a separate password manager when your browser already has one with sync built-in?
>>
>>59247770
for game clients or programs, multiple web browsers, having your passwords with you when you use a public computer
>>
>>59244422
Same here, gpg files with git are comfy as fuck
ps. rofi-pass is bretty gud

>>59245721
it does not really change much as long as you name them properly so you can search
>>
>>59243469
[citation needed]
>>
>>59243295
Brain
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.