[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Educational/career advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot (17).png (59KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (17).png
59KB, 1360x768px
Hey /g, I'm have been feeling like I am in a rut staying in my current major of Mechanical Engineering, currently enrolled in community college. Simply put, I am tired of spending most of my time studying for my classes when not at school. I want to know more about the programming industry because I have considered going into computer programming. Pic is my current GPA.
>>
File: XnouLQe.jpg (306KB, 736x1977px) Image search: [Google]
XnouLQe.jpg
306KB, 736x1977px
https://www.navy.com

Accelerate you life
>>
>>59239463
smoke meth
>>
File: 1480156574916.gif (3MB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1480156574916.gif
3MB, 220x220px
>>59239463
>CUM TOTALS
>>
>>59239463
>Community college
Why don't you just switch to CS instead if they offer it.

There's also HackReactor or other type bootcamp bullshit http://www.hackreactor.com/

You would want to do something like this before even considering going to a codeschool https://www.gitbook.com/book/frontendmasters/front-end-handbook-2017/details

Most of the people I work with all went back to school to get/finish their CS degrees either P/T or F/T after saving up enough money to live off for 4 years.
>>
>>59240651
>https://www.gitbook.com/book/frontendmasters/front-end-handbook-2017/details
DO NOT learn front end development. Front end/back end is an entry-level meme and pays like shit.

Do what you want to do, look into automation, embedded systems, etc

There's an entire world out there much bigger than developing fucking stupid websites
>>
>3.65 GPA
>in community college
LOL
>>
>>59239463
>>59240798
Non-Burger here what do these numbers equate to?
>>
>>59239463
>91% cum total? Dude you're fucked.
>>
>>59239463
You may find programming very upsetting as well. Most of the shitty "technical" people go to school, learn one thing, and never improve themselves. They get into jobs that advance them for just being around for a long time rather than doing a good job. And they suck. They really, really suck.

The people in the tech industry that are decent spend a considerable amount of their personal time learning new things. They do that because they understand a few things: 1. the industry will keep progressing with or without them and one of those pays more. 2. they honestly believe they could be doing something more interesting than they are currently and they recognize that sacrificing personal time to obtain that is really the only way to do it. 3. they're probably genuinely interested in learning new things and just love to spend their time learning.

The people that really do great things in the tech industry don't really have a division between their personal and professional lives, and learning is part of both of them.

Of course, now, here is what should be obvious to you: this is going to be true regardless of the industry you go into. If you want to get ahead in any industry you're going to have to sacrifice something, and that's often a part of your personal life. If a personal life is more important to you than being at the top of your industry, then you can just put in the minimum necessary to get through college in any field, get a job, and focus on family life. That's cool too. But it's pretty much impossible to be great at both unless you're like a farmer or some shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.