[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMDfags on suicide watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 22

File: AMD btfo.png (66KB, 1128x324px) Image search: [Google]
AMD btfo.png
66KB, 1128x324px
Did any of you AMDrones actually believe in them?
>>
File: amdesignated.jpg (540KB, 1100x1002px) Image search: [Google]
amdesignated.jpg
540KB, 1100x1002px
>>59238447
>>
>>59238429
oh shit amd fell on where they were 7 days ago

AMD IS FINISHED

GOD HOW CAN THEY SURVIVE

BLA BLA BLA

let me give a piece of advice

buy when hyped sell on news after launch

this is what we all do on those kind of companies
>>
Please go back
>>
>>59238429
10 rupees has been deposited you your designated shitting street
>>
>>59238429
>doesn't understand how the stock market works

There is a phrase on wallstreet. "Buy on rumor, Sell on facts"

meaning you buy into hype trains then sell once hard facts come out. or better way to explain it, you ride the bubble then get OFF the moment the general public wants to buy in.

See "normal" people would see the bubble on AMD stock and say "what's happening at AMD?" they then look and see a new cpu is coming out. but their money is hard earned so they sit on the cash and wait for facts about the product when it launches.

They see the good or bad press and buy or not buy as a result.

Meanwhile wallstreet bought it when it was at 5 and rising, then sold it the moment hard facts came out, meaning they just his a 200% profit on their money, and they don't have to worry about what the actual product does in the long term.

As a result we have a sell pressure on AMD stock as the pros jump out. If you don't believe me watch other stocks ramp up in "expectation" of an announcement or earnings report, and then dip the moment the hard facts come out (positive or negative).

This is the game the folks on wall street play all the time to make their money. Wall street guy usually are NOT long term investors in the stock market, they're looking for quick hits not the long game. Hence why they will sell on NEWS (irregardless if it's good or bad)
>>
>>59238662
This it's just a market correction. Speculation was high and of course it made the stock price increase. If Ryzen had BTFO intel fully, it would have been justifiably high, now that it's not BTFO intel, but STILL doing well in the server and professional spaces, I can see it dropping a few dollars, but with VEGA on the horizon, I dont see it going under $11 anytime soon.
>>
File: amdinanutshell3.jpg (2MB, 700x5000px) Image search: [Google]
amdinanutshell3.jpg
2MB, 700x5000px
>>59238662
>>59238519
>>59238518
>>59238515
>>
>>59238429
>Did any of you AMDrones actually believe in them?
I wanted a cheap CPU for doing virtualization and compiling (both embarrassingly parallel workloads), I was promised one and I got exactly that. What's not to believe?
>>
>>59238662

This is legitimately bad advice.

Don't do this.
>>
>>59238682
You fucking idiot, he's giving advice in stocks. He isn't taking a stand for AMD.
>>
>>59238682
Go back to /v/eddit fucking subhuman
>>
>>59238697
nice damage control. I am sure all 17 people who originally had this in mind are stoked, everyone else is let down.
>>
File: micdrop.jpg (24KB, 339x407px) Image search: [Google]
micdrop.jpg
24KB, 339x407px
>>59238700
>This is legitimately bad advice.

except I made million on the street for myself in just 2 years after I graduated college. You think I was "quoting" buy on rumor sell on fact from google or some shit.

It was one of the first pieces of advice I got when I became a stock broker. Do you have a net worth of 7 mil in your portfolio at the age of 40? I was on the AMD bubble at something like 2.50, dropped it on feb 28th (sold 100,000 shares at 15, for 1.5 mil, that was an auto sell actually that my current broker made for me, I told him to sell it all by the 1st, but if it was over at any point before to sell it all early for 15.)

that was a good day.

and yes, i'm retired. technically I retired at 24
>>
>>59238789
>everyone else is a gaymer
lol maybe when you get a job you'll see the real word isn't like highschool and college.
>>
>>59238831
You can stop dreaming now Pajeet, any person wouldve posted with a timestamp over something expensive to prove their point now.
>>
>>59238429
yes
happens to apple after every iPhone
>>
>>59238831

I believe you rich anon. Teach me your ways master.
>>
>>59238837
In the real world you would use something like a Xeon for actual work, not some consumer grade CPU's.
>>
>>59238925
In the real world, you would use whatever your company decides to buy you that meets the minimum necessities of the workload.
>>
>>59238990
F U L L D A M A G E C O N T R O L
>>
File: 1390667269729.png (72KB, 726x590px) Image search: [Google]
1390667269729.png
72KB, 726x590px
>>59239027
>>
>>59238789

>Sold out everywhere.

People are SO disappointed.

G.Skill just announced Ryzen specific tuned RAM kits up to 3600mhz.

Terrible...
>>
>>59238925
Are you fucking retarded? My current job EVERYONE has i5's except the guy who is doing graphics work and he gets a 5820k.

No one uses Xeons unless they're getting blow jobs from intel or it's an actual server.

Higher end workstations will sometimes also be xeons, but lower end workstations will be i7s either consumer, or HEDT.
>>
>>59238920
>I believe you rich anon. Teach me your ways master.

at this point don't buy more AMD, the best it will see by summer is probably $19/share, if you buy now at 14 we're talking about a 30% gain in money and the Fed will tax 15% of that meaning you'd only make a quarter for every dollar invested.

AMD is a BAD long term buy at 14, and it's a BAD short term buy at 14. It will go higher but it won't be enough to make it a good buy (i'd call hitting 40 a good buy at 14).

The goal in the market is to ID the criminally undervalued stocks and buy them when they're criminally undervalued with a significant product line or "news" coming out to start the hype train. this is pretty easy to do with consumer electronics/pc parts because they have a whole serious of lineups and products they release that you're well tapped into being a /g/ member. so you can anticipate some of this.

I would stick with stocks listed on NASDAQ (assuming you're american) based solely on the fact you're here in /g/. You'll have a good feel for the new product lines coming out and a better feel for the type of hype it will create (Ryzen was low hanging fruit, investment opportunities you can make a 600% profit on are few and far between).
>>
>>59239073
YEAH CAUSE IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER HOW FAST YOU WORK IN THAT SITUATION. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT OFFICE WORK DIP SHIT. EVERY FUCKING OFFICE ACROSS AMERICA HAS THEIR WORKERS DICKING AROUND. THE WORK YOU DO IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY IMPORTANT COMPUTATIONAL WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP USE ENTERPRISE GRADE SETUPS.
>>
>>59239112
>PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY IMPORTANT COMPUTATIONAL WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP USE ENTERPRISE GRADE SETUPS.
Anyone in that situation is using a server anyway. Or a cluster of servers.

You legit sound like a highschool kid. Grow the fuck up. The working world is not full of Xeons, hell the only reason they tend to be used for academic and research type stuff is because the person using the machine isn't fucking paying for it.
>>
File: like!.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
like!.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>59239075
Thanks. I have always wanted to get involved with the market but never knew where to start. Your advice sounds really straight-forward and concise, unlike some guides and blogs I have read in the past. Do you have a site or even an infograph with your distilled wisdom?

Thanks again.
>>
>>59239075
what do you think about TA?
>>
>>59239147
And the goal posts move fucking again. Its not like we havent seen this a million times with this failed Ryzen launch.
>>
>>59239112
"in the real world", dipshit, maybe 1% of computer work is done by individuals on workstations.
>>
>>59239192
Okay, then wait for Naples you stupid prick.

Don't fucking act like AMD isn't also working on a server product SPECIFICALLY for the niche you're talking about.

For NORMAL professional use, Ryzen is fantastic. For ENTERPRISE professional use, Naples will likely be just as impressive.
>>
>>59239223
>For NORMAL professional use, Ryzen is fantastic

except its not. try actually monitoring your computer programs some time. When they aren't being bottle-necked by another resource there is typically a single high demand thread rising above the rest to limit performance. Sure when you assign some large batch job that is actually can use some proper parallelization it seems pretty great but the rest of the actual work you are doing you will wish for that better single core speed.
>>
>>59239312
anyone doing rendering, encoding, etc. Will be well pleased with Ryzen, I consider that NORMAL professional use.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (77KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
77KB, 600x449px
>>59239223
>For NORMAL professional use, Ryzen is fantastic
Really now? Even the 7700k has gotten better results in some benchmarks that focus on that and it's supposed to be a fucking gaming CPU.
>>
>>59239156
well shit that's a good stock tip. I didn't even notice how low TA got.

-EDIT-

erk... I was just about to write up what a good buy it looks like at 5 then I saw the poor earnings report released a few days ago. it's going to go lower. I'd probably put in a buy order at 2, it would be a steal at 2, but until it gets down to 2, I'd probably wait and see. I would need to dig into this company more to get a feel for why it's losing money after posting such huge earnings reports back in 2015. something is playing with the numbers, either the company played some games to hit those profits with their books, or they're playing games with their debt to post a loss for tax purposes in q4 2016.

I would still buy it if it hit 2-3, 5 is pretty low for it as it is. the 5 year averages are all 7-10 with a spike of 17 in there. so i'd feel pretty safe I wouldn't lose my shirt with a 100k buy at $2
>>
>>59239312
>>59239354
>in some circumstances, the 7700k is better
>therefore, ryzen is terrible

does that mean that the 7700k is terrible, because in some circumstances, ryzen is better?

I'm guessing it doesn't mean that.
>>
>>59239328
Ok and how often are you doing those jobs ? If you are doing them constantly, get some server grade hardware. If its just something you are doing say once a day, its probably after doing a whole lot of work on your part and you can hit that process button and go take a well deserved break.
>>
>>59239397
>If you are doing them constantly, get some server grade hardware.
Spend three times the price at least for no benefit, just because intel stuck a "server grade" sticker on it.
>>
>>59239382
there's a misunderstanding here, I meant technical analysis
>>
File: stock.png (24KB, 616x384px) Image search: [Google]
stock.png
24KB, 616x384px
>>59238429
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>59239397
you're retarded, you dont buy xeon just because, you buy it because it has a feature you need (ECC), or its a 24/7 server
>>
>>59239152
head over to "the motley fool", start reading.
https://www.fool.com/

I love the site and it has a lot of great info for n00bs too.
>>
File: ryzen-productivity.png (22KB, 650x200px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-productivity.png
22KB, 650x200px
>>59239312
This

Ryzen is horrible in the vast majority of work use
>>
>>59239483
>slightly behind a chip that costs more than twice the price in an arbitrary benchmark
>IT'S HORRIBLE
>>
File: 1454969964843.gif (956KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1454969964843.gif
956KB, 500x418px
>>59239483
>horrible

You Intel apologists/shills really don't know what's good for you.
>>
>>59239498
>>59239505
Look at the prices on the chips

You are literally paying $160 more for worse performing chip with Ryzen

A complete disaster, not even close to competitive
>>
>>59239475
Many thanks anon.
>>
File: rip.png (49KB, 812x341px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
49KB, 812x341px
>>59238429
MAMA

I KILLED A MAN
>>
>>59239520
Funny how nobody's going around saying that the 6900k is disastrous on account of costing $750 dollars more for worse performance.
>>
>>59239551
>damage controlling this bad
Just stop posting already.
>>
File: amd3.jpg (66KB, 568x612px) Image search: [Google]
amd3.jpg
66KB, 568x612px
>>59239542
DELET DIS
>>
I dumped AMD as soon as the benchmarks came out and I'm glad I did.

Decent ROI, but I was hoping it would surge past 20.00.
>>
>>59239551
Of course they're not, Intel already has the 7700k and their entire mainstream lineup.

AMD only has Ryzen, which means they have a chip that fails in 99% of situations as their flagship.
>>
>>59239542
>ryzen didn't live up to its hype
AMDrones might deny the hype they've build but the consumers remember.
>>
>>59239431
>there's a misunderstanding here, I meant technical analysis

hah. sorry i was just talking about NASDAQ and thought you meant TA as it's listed on the NASDAQ or TravelCenters of America

hmmm... this is a tough one to answer because I was not formally trained in business. My degree was pre-law, and I ended up on the street because I couldn't afford law school and support my new family at the same time so I needed to make money after 4 years of college.

I was trained to look at market trends, the fundamentals in the quarterlies, so I was taught BOTH TA and FA. I would say I lean more toward TA, as I see the market as a living breathing representation of collective "psychology", so for me trends are king. That said you can't ANTICIPATE well if you aren't well versed in Financial Analysis. You need to be able to comb over quarterlies and figure out the health of a company.

In reality to properly perform an accurate forecast you need to understand both the "environment" and the "technical aspects" to know when to buy and when to sell. In my experience FA is generally flawed in the sense it does a very poor job of predicting value. It does a great job of describing value once a quarter, and if you're investing for dividend returns FA should be your main method of ID for those stocks. But if you're looking to make money on the motion of the market you should be much more familiar with TA.

That said the Technical analysis is not the end all be all either. you need to "know" or be familiar with the group psychology involved to make it "shine" which is the part they don't teach in class.
>>
>>59239542
Absolutely hilarious, they're going quickly bankrupt. Will AMD ever recover from this?
>>
>>59238429
>tfw i'll buy more next week when it bottoms out
>tfw i'll still be up compared to when i bought in (4$)
>tfw Naples launches and servers start buying them in droves due to vastly superior performance/w and performance
gonna b gud.
>>
File: 1488408867093.png (91KB, 653x726px) Image search: [Google]
1488408867093.png
91KB, 653x726px
>>59239736
e-e-e-everything's gonna be ok
>>
Alright, this place is an Intel troll cess pool right now. I like ryzen, if you don't like it why don't you just F off and don't come back?

I'm out for now.
>>
>>59239667
have you ever had nasty surprises like blowing through your stop loss hard?
>>
File: 1488485994763.png (366KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1488485994763.png
366KB, 1144x888px
>>59239849
>>
>>59239849
Nope. /g/ents are just sick of the constant amd hype spam and just laught at you. Again.
>>
File: 1488205393827.jpg (71KB, 552x661px) Image search: [Google]
1488205393827.jpg
71KB, 552x661px
>>59239849
>>
>>59239871
>have you ever had nasty surprises like blowing through your stop loss hard?

nothing horrible. Usually I have a fast trigger to get out before I lose too much. That said I lost almost 1 million (on paper) at the end of from 2013-2015 with the commodities market collapsed (from peak value, it wasn't 1 mil true cash as I didn't buy in 2012, it didn't actually lose anything, if anything i'm still about 55% up from where I bought into the market). I refused to sell so I didn't actually lose any money. It's come back a bit since then, so it's no longer a million dollar hole in my portfolio. But the nice thing about commodities is you typically are owning things with a finite supply and high use. So I know the money will come back in time.

I had a chunk of my money tied up in commodities starting back in 2003 because I saw the real estate and insurance markets collapse (in 2006-2008) coming. Never took it out because the commodities market kept performing strong. probably should have pulled it out earlier but in the end where I bought in makes it hard for me to lose a lot of money with it.
>>
>>59239849
Talk shit, get hit. Now crawl back to /r/amd to lick your wounds and don't come back.
>>
>>59240200
would cfd's be good for someone who is prepared to take the risks?
>>
>>59240236
>would cfd's be good for someone who is prepared to take the risks?

ugh, I never really get into day trading or CFD. you can get destroyed on the margins, furthermore CFDs are the industry's way to circumvent the NASD rules on stock and bond trading, meaning it's barely regulated (much like the short market), as a result you can lose your shirt due to a shady broker and have that shady broker do "nothing illegal" in the process.

IF you can find an honest trustworthy broker, you can get into "day trading" with CFDs. still it's rather risky and the margins are horrible. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone except someone who knows what the fuck they're doing and even then you need a gambler's mind to do it right.

I wouldn't do it, nor would i recommend anyone else do it, but if you're a true gambler and you know your shit who knows you could make some good money doing it.
>>
>>59238429
>want to build a new PC
>time to pick a CPU
>AMD is full of incompetent subhuman pooinloos
>Intel is full of SJWs and literal tranny kikes

Welp, I hate jews more, so I guess it's Ryzen time for me.
>>
>>59238682
GREAT COMPILATION anon you should go on r/amd reddit and see the the REAL DAMAGE CONTROL there they have been cherrypicking benchmarks from most obscure sites, claiming multiple of times that ryzen launch is a success (even tho it's much weaker that i7 7700k for same price) and hyping that bios updates and fixes XD will give minimum 17% more performance up to 40% :D You should edit that pic and add another stage to put final nail in amd's coffin.
>>
>>59238429
We'll talk the share price in june after Naples, pleb.
>>
>>59238678
This 100%, as long as vega doesn't disappoint AMD will stay in the $12-$13 per share range imo.

It was a bubble bound to burst and with all the super sensationalist review headlines coming out some of the lower income investors sold in anticipation of a major crash.
>>
The real question is how how will it go and when should I start buying shares? Or is it stupid to buy at all at this point?
>>
>>59240921
Top kek

I've been salt mining /r/amd too, it's great, they are going nuts

This is almost better than the election
>>
>>59238429
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11170/the-amd-zen-and-ryzen-7-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700/18
I don't think so, fatty! Looks like your kosher overlords are gonna be living under a bridge soon.
>>
>>59241619
stupid to buy at this point unless Vega is lackluster and we see it drop to ~$5-7 a share.

I wouldn't bother at anything over that simply because the ROI wouldn't be fantastic, even if it were making money.
>>
File: 444.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>59241786
>poojeet tech
nope
>>
>>59241619
Buy either before release of Ryzen 3 and 5 CPUS or before Vega
>>
>>59241846
Read it and weep, shit-stain.Venture outside of your little world of remote-controlled cartoons, and you see, the real tech world is hailing Ryzen as an overwhelming success.
>>
File: suigintou.gif (767KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
suigintou.gif
767KB, 512x288px
>>59241911
10 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street
>>
>>59241911
>the real tech world is hailing Ryzen as an overwhelming succes
Haha. Whatever makes you sleep at night Pajeet.
>>
File: IMG_2115.png (408KB, 882x1418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2115.png
408KB, 882x1418px
>>59239071
DELET
>>
>two narrowly dodged the Ryzen meme
>>
>>59242697
saved
>>
>>59242697
May I use this on my website?
>>
>>59242705
>he considered buying amd
>after core 2
LMAO
>>
>>59242697
This benchmark is fake, read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/5xcnye/720p_r7_1700_vs_7700k/

He redid it and there is a 20% performance difference between the 7700k and the 1700
>>
>>59242766

Still buying AMD. Feels good man.
>>
File: amd.png (259KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
amd.png
259KB, 680x680px
>>
>>59242797
>I am willingly spending more to get less

Have fun getting scammed
>>
>>59242830

>Less

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: average-gaming.png (72KB, 601x830px) Image search: [Google]
average-gaming.png
72KB, 601x830px
>>59242849
A $240 Intel CPU gets better performance than a $500 Ryzen
>>
>>59242885
>PC GAMER

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>59242885
An an 1800$ dollar intel CPU gets 10% more performance then a 400$ amd cpu while drawing more power and heat.
>>
>>59238429
Good thing I bought their shitty stock back when it was around 2 dollars and sold it for 15
>>
>>59242830
>i7 6900K
>Have fun getting scammed
>>
>he didn't sell
>>
when did /g/ turn in to /v/?
>>
>>59242927
Are you telling me you do things other than game on your 8 core 16 thread PC? That's stupid. You're stupid.
>>
File: amd again.jpg (218KB, 2766x715px) Image search: [Google]
amd again.jpg
218KB, 2766x715px
yes they did
>>
Why is this place such a cesspool of gayymen benchmarks? This is /g/, not /v/ for fuck's sake.
>>
AMD marketing 101
>bait and switch
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.