[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So tell me, why in the world did laptop designers agree that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_4748-hero.jpg (169KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4748-hero.jpg
169KB, 1024x621px
So tell me, why in the world did laptop designers agree that touchpad below keyboard was in any way a good idea?
>>
>>59232710

its not a good idea in anyway .. thats why nobody does it

its a niche meme product
>>
File: lenovothinkpadx201s_keyboard_sf.jpg (38KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
lenovothinkpadx201s_keyboard_sf.jpg
38KB, 500x323px
>>59232710
>touchpad

I don't have this problem.
>>
because your thumbs rest there and you don't have to move your hand 6 inches every timr you want to move the mouse
>>
>>59232710
Probably because the hinge is also a bit different.

You can't see it in this picture, but the actual connection point between the screen and the hinge is right at the middle of it rather than the usual bottom end. Because of this rod with a hinge at each end you can position the screen so that it's lower edge sits just above the end of the keyboard.

It's still derpy as fuck, but it looks slightly less derpy when you place the screen so that it covers the trackpad at the top.
>>
>>59232710
Because they had space there to rest your palm when using the laptop in your lap, so it was the logical place to put the trackpad.
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>59232710
>touchpad ABOVE the keyboard
>no palm rest before the keyboard
>>
>>59232733
>thats why nobody does it
almost every laptop does touchpad below keyboard.
>>
>>59232741
i got a thinkpad with touchpad, but its all the way at the lower edge of the case, meaning its kinda annoying when i actually have that thing on my lap/resting against my stomach in bed.
>>
>>59232710
>wanting your palms to rest on a fucking keyboard
>>
>>59232710
ITT: Autism
>>
>>59232741
are you a professor at a university?
>>
>>59232741
>lelnovo
>>
>>59232710
I'd rather have it to the right of the keyboard to be honest.
>>
>>59233201
>he doesn't know about thinkpads
you should get the fuck out and lurk more you plebbit spawn
>>
>>59232710
Because then the space around the trackpad works as wristrests, unlike that atrocity.
>>
>>59232710
because:
1) it's easier to implement a touch block for the trackpad when touched with a large surface than to implement a key block that distinguish a wanted touch from an accidental one.
2) usually the trackpad isn't even touched, it just stand between the two forearms while you're typing
3) closer to the screen is comfier and at the time of first laptops computers were still seen as a keyboardcentric device, hence the keyboard was put in a more comfortable position.

tl;dr OP picture is retarded
>>
>>59232710

Your pic answers your question
>>
Looks retarded.

I think the most optimal place for the touch pad is off to the right side under the irrelevant keys like the arrows and home keys but doing that would make it more annoying for left handed individuals. I guess they figure it's better to be in the middle to make it equally annoying for everyone.
>>
>>59232710
Now you're aware that the area below the keyboard is called "palmrest". Unless you enjoy keeping your hands in air while typing you'd probably want your laptop to have one.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.