[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on the dell xps 13 9350? I plan to use it for school,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

thoughts on the dell xps 13 9350? I plan to use it for school, a lot of programming with the use of VMs, and light vidya and general internet shit.

I like my current chinkpad x220 for school and programming, it works fine but with 4gb of ram it makes it difficult to work on large projects, and although portable the battery only lasts 4 hours. It's served it's purpose but now that I can afford a higher end laptop with a student discount I'm looking for something that will last for the next 5 years.
>>
Honestly, every dell I've dealt with has been a plasticky piece of shit. They do last, though. Personally, I'm more of a chinkpad fan. The new x1 carbon?
>>
>>59229297
anything past 1k is pretty expensive for a laptop in my opinion, it looks nice though.
I can get the xp 13 for like 900 or 800 with a student discount but I'm not sure if there are better alternatives since I'm wary of dell as well
>>
>>59229297
the x1 is just a fancier version of the thinkpad t430, but without all the custimizability and awesomeness of the t430. you'd be better off with this dell desu
>>
>>59229254
I have had the 2015 XPS 13 and now have the 2017 and I have absolutely loved both. Nothing but love for them. Bought both refurbished off Ebay with 2 year warranties and the dell service is fantastic.

My 2015 had very very slight coil whine and sometimes that happens, but definitely not a deal breaker.
>>
>>59229254
I had a Dell back in the mid 2000s. It was a piece of crap that overheated all the time. After a few years the screen literally burnt out and I had to get a new one installed. I had to call customer support every three months for some bullshit reason. I'm never buying a Dell again. My HP and Asus both blow it out of the water.
>>
>>59229537

for 800,900 its af ucking STEAL

what are you even thinking about lmao
>>
>>59229254
Bought one and ended up returning it

If you can live with coil whine and a shitty keyboard go for it
>>
just buy more RAM?
>>
I have one and regret it. It's way overpriced for what I got.
>>
>>59234362
quality post m8
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.