[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is English the Perl of human languages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: perl-english.png (460KB, 698x976px) Image search: [Google]
perl-english.png
460KB, 698x976px
Is English the Perl of human languages?
>>
>>59223720
C is just as bad
int i;
for(i = 0; i < 10; i++){ /* do stuff */ }

int i = 0;
for(; i < 10; i += 1){ /* do stuff */ }

int i = 0;
while(i < 10){
/* do stuff */
i++;
}
>>
File: perl6isfucked.jpg (594KB, 1560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
perl6isfucked.jpg
594KB, 1560x2048px
>>59223720
perl 6 is the perl of human languages
>>
>>59223826
>declaration outside of the loop
get with the times grampa
>>
>>59223720
C++.
You can do the same shit about a trillion different ways, and none of them are compatible with each other, and some will actively crash / fail to even compile if you use them together.
>>
>>59223826
obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>59223720
>Dream of me
>>
>>59223879
>insert any language here
>You can do the same shit about a trillion different ways, and none of them are compatible with each other, and some will actively crash / fail to even compile if you use them together.
Whats your point?
>>
File: theydontthinkitC++butitdo.jpg (42KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
theydontthinkitC++butitdo.jpg
42KB, 600x545px
>>59223879
>>
>>59223826
int i = 10;
while(i)
i--;
>>
>>59223937
C++ is more so than most.

And the funny thing, the funniest part, basically none of it is syntactic sugar.
Almost all of it is as close as it gets to hardware languages in regards to most high-level shit.
>>
File: hmhm.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hmhm.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>59223720
It's the Lua of human language.
>small
>everyone can learn it in short time
>weird, but non-critical glitches
>>
>>59224817
This is true. Its why the Britain was the best at colonization. If culture is the algorithm, then language is what the algorithm is programmed in, so British civilization by virtue of being based on a simple language became the most ubiquitous "algorithm"
>>
>>59223720
I'd have to say that C++ is the English of programming languages. It is just so common. Maybe not the most common like Java or JavaScript but common enough.
>>
>>59224867
To expand further on the metaphor, nigs are like sub-par hardware that can't run advanced western algorithms which is why the develop pidgin languages since they are less "abstracted" and closer to the biological "hardware" similar to Assembly.
>>
>>59224867
>>59224908
>>>/pol/
>>
>>59224989
Linguistics has always played an important role in computer science.
>>
>>59225005
linguistics != pol tier memes
>>
>>59224908
KEK
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.