[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a clarification.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: ipc.png (7KB, 755x111px) Image search: [Google]
ipc.png
7KB, 755x111px
I just want to clarify that those game benchmarks being shilled around aren't anything shocking if you actually read anything about Ryzen before the release. We knew Ryzen is going to have 52% more IPC than Excavator for months now and those benchmarks show exactly this. CB15 puts it exactly 7-8% behind Skylake in terms of IPC and we also see exactly this in gaming benchmarks in games that only utilize 4 cores. It's just that majority of those benchmarks make AMD look bad because if you talk about hundreds of frames per second a 8% difference can mean being dozens of frames. Still it's nothing shocking and no it won't be magically fixed by some bios update. Yes the mexican fatso fucked up his benchmarks by bottlenecking GPU. No you shouldn't worry or cry, this is literally what Ryzen promised you fucking morons.
>>
File: ryzen52.jpg (525KB, 5120x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen52.jpg
525KB, 5120x1500px
Pic related, it's exactly what Ryzen promised and I guess few false flagging shills and AMD fanboys blew the IPC out of proportion.
>>
>>59218261
IPC hardly affects gaming, you moron.

Games don't use 100% of a core. IPC only comes into play when you're using all the clocks.

The bad gaming performance is due to something else.
With SMT off compared to HT off, it only seems about 5-7% behind on average. Problems with games schedulers using SMT incorrectly is a big part of Ryzens problems.
But there are other problems too.

I'm going to wait for some Windows and game patches before I decide to buy or not. It looks attractive if they at least fix it in a few games to show it probably won't be a problem in future games.
>>
>>59218261
Ryzen is a fantastic CPU and it lit a fire under intel's ass when it comes to their HEDT lineup.
Ryzen will bring prices of CPU down by a lot and create actual competition for the first time in more than a fucking decade which is good for everybody including intel since they'll have to actually produce better cpus with every new series.

All of that being said, at this point I cannot recommend, and you should be very suspicious of anybody that does, Ryzen for gaming focused builds.
Is it good enough for gaming? Pretty much yes, even the 1700 should be fine even a higher framerates.
Is it better than i7 7700K for gaming? No, it is not.
So if you look at the prices, and consider the discounts most retailers are doing right now, the choice is obvious.
>but I also encode video once is a blue moon, even though 80% of the time I spend on my computer not shitposting on 4chan is gaming
You should buy the better CPU for what you do most of the time, not for what you do every once in a while.

TL;DR:
Ryzen 7 is great but not for gaming
Ryzen 5 will likely trade blows with 7700k and be the best bang for buck
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.