[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Firefox a shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

File: firefox-logo-huge.jpg (487KB, 1233x1233px) Image search: [Google]
firefox-logo-huge.jpg
487KB, 1233x1233px
What the FUCK is going on with Firefox?
It's been a month at least now... it's become so slow and intolerable that I've resorted to Microsoft Edge for the moment.
I've had Firefox since day one... this is the first time I've ever changed it... it's got THAT BAD.
Has anyone else experienced the lag, freezing, and general bullshit as of late?
I need news... I need to know they're sorting this shit out, I don't wanna resort to some bullshit browser like Edge.
>>
File: 1488518738453.jpg (12KB, 217x280px) Image search: [Google]
1488518738453.jpg
12KB, 217x280px
>>59212713
kys
>>
>>59212739
Thankyou for your helpful contribution.
>>
Works fine for me
I also know what the fuck I'm doing though
>>
>>59212815
I know what I'm doing.
Only have 1 add-on... Adblock.
Have uninstalled and reinstalled without previous settings installed... and it's still shit.
I've seen a lot of people complaining about it since the most recent update.
Just looking for more clarification.
>>
>>59212713
I agree, I had been using firefox for years. But the performance and instability with it has become so intolerable I recently made the switch to chrome, haven't looked back.
>>
It's become fucked for me. I've switched to chrome even though it's a memory hog but it's nowhere near to the shit I'm dealing with firefox.
I had to uninstall that shit because every time I instinctively open up firefox I have to go through a minute of bullshit to end that program.
>>
use brave
>>
Firefox is pure bullshit compared to the multi-thread current year chrome. Firefox can't render a webpage in decent time to save it's already dying life.
>>
I haven't had a single problem with Firefox and I'm a Winfag.
>>
Install Waterfox.
>>
If you haven't tried Vivaldi, you must be new.
>low hardware footprint
>literally the only site I can find it having problems with is Facebook
>its claim to cater to power users is not a gimmick
Get it. Firefox is dead, Edge will make you dead, Chrome is a RAM funeral.
>>
>>59212713

They fired competent workers for not being SJWs.

That said, this latest update making tabs reset their zoom if you split them is pissing me off.
>>
>>59213420
>JS browser based on chromium
>Lighter then chrome
Shills please
>>
File: firefucks btfo.jpg (222KB, 958x766px) Image search: [Google]
firefucks btfo.jpg
222KB, 958x766px
i love these threads
>>
>>59213475
˃They fired competent workers for not being SJWs.
this
>>
>>59212739
Stupid fag
>>
If you need just an Ad blocker, use Edge. It's fast and it just works most of the time. Use Vivaldi or another browser if you want a pat in the back from/g/
>>
>>59212739
fpbp
>>
>retard doesn't know how to enable hw accel/e10s
>>
Some things I've noticed is inconsistent behavior when it comes to for example YouTube. Flicker on livestream chats (YouTube), sometimes unable to paste strings into the chat box (YouTube), certain livestreams just work better on Chromium and will hangup on Firefox, old style notification bell needs to be opened before the page is loaded otherwise it breaks, etc.

Things seem generally more broken on Firefox for some reason.

I'm questioning why I moved back from Chromium (something something botnet, but I guess I should try some ungoogled shit).
>>
File: Browsers.png (885KB, 653x960px) Image search: [Google]
Browsers.png
885KB, 653x960px
>>
>>59213278

this

use a browser built by straight men
>>
>>59216406
>My browsers of choice are on the opposite edges of each other.
I am the dumbest of the transcended ones!
>>
>>59213475
>>59213809
Fuck you, you dumb liars.
>>
>>59212713
Running it on a Atom N455 with 1GB of RAM. All good. Even using uBlock.
>>
I'm using Nightly on a Thinkpad X230 with a shitload of tabs and addons, if Firefox is slow for you then it's a PEBKAC problem. Download Nightly.
>>
>>59213420
>Chrome is a RAM funeral
Firefox is ten times worse
>>
>>59212713
use 64bits
>>
>>59217435
that version has basically no addons which are the whole point of using firefox in the first place
>>
So this is what /g/ has become, shills and retards who unironically use javascript browsers
>>
>>59212713
>Has anyone else experienced the lag, freezing, and general bullshit as of late?

Yes
>>
>>59217468
which addons are referring to? I'm using nightly 64bits and it has the same addons from when I was using firefox 32bit
>>
I've had a lot of issues with Chrome lately and was thinking about going back to Firefox which I had abandoned like 3 years ago because it would leak resources like crazy and after like 12 hours on the dot would start to get slow.

Lately chrome has been getting really slow me too after a while. HTML5 video HEAVILY causes slowdown on chrome for some reason though. 2 or more HTML5 videos loaded at once, not even on the same page but in different tabs, basically breaks chrome down. Stuttery mess until I manage to close one of the tabs. I opened firefox for shits to test this and there I was able to open 6 without any lag.

What fucking browser do I move to?
>>
>>59213253
But chrome is botnet
>>
File: 1487789946545.png (594KB, 701x520px) Image search: [Google]
1487789946545.png
594KB, 701x520px
>>59212713
My Firefox still creates datareporting folders in the profile even though I have those options disabled in about config.

Triggers me.
>>
At the moment, Firefox is working fine for me, but this sort of thing always ends up happening. Sometimes clearing the caches helps; sometimes uninstalling/reinstalling extensions helps, and sometimes I just switch to chrome until chrome starts annoying me.
>>
never had any browser lag for me, idk what you inbred fucksticks are doing
>>
>>59216847
Cry moar SJW
>>
>>59217468
What's this meme about? I can use all the extensions I used to when I was on 32-bit.
>>
Only problem with ff right now is that vimpwrator isnt compatible with the latest version
>>
Go shill for Chrome elsewhere you sad fuck, I see this thread every day and I'm getting tired of your shit
>>
>>59218518
But it is, update it to 3.16.
>>
>>59213295

Chrome kills your laptop battery.
>>
>>59212713
>Microsoft Edge
Found your problem.
You're on windows. Get a real OS or kys
>>
>>59218577
hmm, guess I'll look into it once I get home

Not feeling hopeful though. Since it was ff 51+ thats been giving problems this past couple weeks
>>
>>59212713
can you google internet ?
>>
>>59212713
If you're using adblock plus, switch it out for an adblocker that is less bloated. Adblock plus consumes RAM and CPU cycles like nothing else.
>>
>>59212713
Sounds like user error. Works fine on my machine.

Tried disabling some add-ons? Resetting your profile?

Next time, hold down shift while you start Firefox. This will start it in safe-mode, i.e. all add-ons disabled. See if the problem persists.
>>
Firefox Nightly runs pretty well.
>>
>>59212713
As usual. OP complains about an issue and then ignores all answers and never reports back.

This is typical FUD spread by Microsoft and/or Google. Ignore.
>>
Tfw palemoon and happy
>>
>>59212713
These anti-Firefox/concern troll shills need to go, like seriously.
>>
>>59212967
>adlock
>i know what i'm doing guys
*laughs*
>>
>>59217468
Absolute BS, all my add-ons work fine in 64bit
>>
>>59219261
>>59219082
>>59212713
Yep. Fake bullshit.
>>
>>59212713
>Has anyone else experienced the lag, freezing, and general bullshit as of late?
Works on my machine. It's hasn't got any slower in the past month than it's been before. No lags or freezes.

>>59212967
>Only have 1 add-on... Adblock.
I can't be bothered to count, but I have 5-10 and no issues. I don't use Adblock though because I know what I'm doing.
>>
>>59217870
>What fucking browser do I move to?
Why not Firefox if you've already tested it and it went fine?

I've abandoned it few times as well, switched back and forth from Firefox to Chrome when one of them shits the bed.

It's not that big of a deal and it's not like you have to stay loyal until you die to one browser, despite what /g/ might say. Just pick one, use it, ditch it if you don't like it.
>>
I don't know. It got unreasonably slow for me lately. Closing a tab takes enough time for me to notice that it doesn't happen instantly, same when opening new tabs, and if I have more than two windows open the UI slows to a crawl.

>inb4 you don't know what your doin XD
I have no add-ons and I block ads through my router. Firefox is just that shitty.
>>
I had to stick to one particular beta build as everything after bugged out and had errors.

Except for that, it's been great.

I use Chrome on a different machine for work and still prefer coming home to Firefox
>>
>>59212713
Yep, since version 42 I get about 60% less performance so run 41 in a sandbox now (I'd rather do that than a new browser, FF still is best).
>>
>>59217926
set telemetry.unified to disabled (and datasubmission.enabled to disabled, I forget it's name), you are welcome
>>
>>59212713
Let me guess: Your firefox health report says you're retarded?
>>
The amount of SJWfox users denial in those kind of threads always amazes me. How can anyone defend browser that has been butchered this badly is beyond me.
Those retards would sing praises for firefox If mozilla were to drive around and force feed them shit.
>>
There are people on /g/ RIGHT NOW who install several adblockers instead of adding their blocklists to uBlock Origin.
>>
File: charitable_chief.jpg (105KB, 649x607px) Image search: [Google]
charitable_chief.jpg
105KB, 649x607px
>>59219658
I'm just not cucked out of software I like because the the developer did something I dislike.
>>
>>59219677
Her face just screams "SJW". It's the (((nose)))
>>
File: ms_diversity.png (2MB, 1180x2938px) Image search: [Google]
ms_diversity.png
2MB, 1180x2938px
>>59219658
>>59219677
>>
>>59219662
There are people on /g/ RIGHT NOW who don't simply use uMatrix for adblock and full control over what websites load.
>>
There are people on /g/ right now not having a the technical tools to effortlessly make a 1 million line hosts file.

There are people on /g/ right now using a browser made by an ad company.
>>
>>59220160
>hosts file
Slower than adblock lists due to inability to use wildcard.
>>
autism
>>
File: firefag-fs8.png (116KB, 748x575px) Image search: [Google]
firefag-fs8.png
116KB, 748x575px
The only Firefox users left are braindead faggots (sjw/lincucks).
>>
>>59220750
>t. Chromelet
>>
>>59212713
Replying to comments from the notification box became smooth in Firefox, that is until Google updated YouTube and now you cant reply from the notification box. Now it takes you to the video and when you hit reply it will tell you that it could post. God I hate Google.
>>
>>59219959
uMatrix is not needed with uBlock installed.
>>
>>59212713
Chill, FF52 is next week.
>>
recently switched to Canary.
Besides the Botnet memes it runs smoothly and doesn't crashes every couple of hours like ff.
>>
>>59212713
>windows 10 user
Opinion invalidated.
>>
>>59220859
Unless you want to use the features umatrix has that uBlock doesnt
>>
>>59220859
ublock doesn't do ANYTHING umatrix does, they are two completely separate things. umatrix is like noscript/requestpolicy + some http referer/useragent spoofing and strict https controls.

Also I come into every one of these threads and I wonder if it's literally just windows builds that are getting fucked by this, I see performance hits on firefox on linux but they're easily solved from every version they've ever released.
>>
>>59221342
>>59221190
Enable advanced user mode in Ublock, it's has everything you need, and uninstall uMatrix, RequestPolicy or other deprecated shit you have.
>>
>>59221486
Obviously you've never used umatrix
>>
>>59221524
You can block scripts, requests, frames, images with Ublock, what more do you need? Cookie blocking is shit in Umatrix anyway.
>>
>>59217902
i had chrome as a backup browser for compatibility, and after not using it for months i go in to history, and it has the history of files i had recently accessed within my own computer. what the fuck is up with that? fastest ive ever uninstalled a program
>>
whats a good lightweight alternative? I've been experiencing some really bad ram usage from FF.
>>
>>59219677
>>59219714
But you are cucked into using browser that is slow and bloated as shit and the only thing developers do to fix it is removing features and introducing gender diverse emojis. And that has been going for last few years and is not going to change.
Try chrome sometimes, open 50 tabs in firecuck and 50 tabs in chrome. See which browser is fucking shitting itself and which one is not.
Basically the only reason to use firefox over chrome is botnet, and that's valid one, but people who try to defend mozilla despite everything they did to destroy their own product are beyond cuck level.
>>
>>59221884
qutebrowser's an alternative-to-be, but the answer is still just better configured firefox.
>>
>>59220750
>implying sjw's use Firefox
I assure you they use Chrome, much like you do.

It's just lincucks and me.
>>
>>59221996
no SJWs RUN firefox, there's a difference. Most of their front-end team are retarded webdevs.

>>59221894
>firefox removes features
oh how i wish that were true. They add more databases and redundant network calls and every time it gets significantly slower.

Thank christ about:config is a thing.
>>
>>59212713
>I've resorted to Microsoft Edge
no you didn't
>>
>>59212713
I'm sure if Mozilla hires more trannies that should fix the issue.
>>
>>59222032
>no SJWs RUN firefox, there's a difference
Yeah, exactly, there is a difference.
I was referring to
>The only Firefox users left
>users
>>
>>59213273
Chrome might be a memory hog but it actually does what it's meant to, Firefox does so much shit that I uninstalled it a few months back and haven't had a problem with chrome yet whereas I was having 20+ problems with Firefox a day
>>
>>59222316
Chrome does a lot of botnet stuff it's meant to, also. I mean firefox is fucked but most of that (other than also being a google botnet) is just suicidal webshittery and not actually harmful.

Learn whats going on under the hood, fix the config, it should run okay.
>>
>>59212713

Works perfect on a Mac. maybe Windows is the problem MScuck.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.