[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C++

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: emc++ front cover.png (298KB, 736x966px) Image search: [Google]
emc++ front cover.png
298KB, 736x966px
What went wrong?
>>
>>59206515
Nothing :^)

http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/c++/I_did_it_for_you_all
>>
>>59206515
Creeping featurism.
>>
>>59206568

He saved us.
>>
>>59206568

sounds like fakenews tabloid horseshit to me.

Here's an official interview with OP's mother:

>me: are you a crackwhore?
>her: yes
>>
>>59206709
Be it a joke or not, there is some truth in it.

C++ inherits not only the syntax of C but also one philosophical aspect of the language: FREEDOM.

You are free to use all capabilities of the language for better or worse. And that's the reason why coding standards exists.
In Java everything must be a class restricting the programmer of a feature, and quoting Carmack "Sometimes the most elegant way of doing something is a function"(something along those lines) Java does not purely allow it, but C++ does.

The downside of freedom, is that people can't handle it, creating C++ abstractions were is not needed, thus abusing the language to something that's incomprehensible for the next person to look at.

Now, if you have a community of people devoted to create nice code to solve a really complex problem in the shortest amount of time, then C++ is beautiful. Take a look at the Linux kernel for example, anyone that knows something of C can read the code and understand some parts of it, this is because every once in a while Linus or the Maintainer puts a "kodenigger" in its place.

So when I say nothing is wrong with the language I mean it, I rather have freedom than a language that blocks my thought.
>>
>>59206515
Design by committee.
>>
File: ihateyouall.jpg (101KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
ihateyouall.jpg
101KB, 1067x800px
>>59206515
your fucking brain
>>
First, let me tell you that I am sitting in front of the computer

I am sitting in front of the screen:the screen is on

std:the computer is connected to the screen:the screen shows an operating system

the screen will show what I type on the keyboard:keyboard is connected to the computer

I will reply my answer in a few lines:first let me declare the following{

there is a mouse:std:mouse is connected

}

I don't know, C++ is pretty easy and straightforward:std

the reply has been typed:let me tag the ram as free again

arm:freed:std

Let's hope there are no bugs in my explanation code of C++
>>
>>59207093
typical C++ user's wall of text
>>
itt people refuse to git gud
>>
It didn't have the benefit of letting C++ show them what things worked and what things didn't.
>>
Boost sucks.
>>
>>59206515
Scott Meyers was smart to retire from C++
>>
Stroustrup did nothing wrong.

C++ is the language of the employed.
>>
>>59206569
nope, backwards compatibility made it a mess from the beginning
>>
File: random numbers.jpg (16KB, 394x295px) Image search: [Google]
random numbers.jpg
16KB, 394x295px
>>59207093
NOBODY LOOKS AT LINUX CODE

LINUX WASN'T MADE FOR WHITE PEOPLE

LINUX IS FOR NIGGERS
>>
Lololol enjoy your leaks
>>
>>59206569
This, and the fact features were tacked on without regard to the rest of the system's design.

You can justify any one of C++'s additions, but all combined together, it's a huge mess.
>>
>>59206515
The guy who created C++ didn't even know what statics in C do. Completely unnecessary like every other language invented after C.
>B-but Carmack said...
Carmack was just being lazy when he switched to C++ and liked how other people could write his code for him. His best work was always Quake in C and you know it.
>>
>>59207093

Exactly.
>>
>>59209806
*causes millions in damages from 1 buffer overflow*
>>
>>59210500
good programmers don't create buffer overflows
>>
>>59210662
That's right, because good programmers don't program in C++
>>
>>59210662
let's see that CV, stud
>>
>>59210500
>he thinks C++ is safer than C

>>59210662
This. So-called "safety" is a meme used to justify creating new languages that take power and flexibility away from the programmer, and ultimately proves to be no "safer." Often paired with making languages pander to casuals who can't understand pointers and heap allocation. Another mistake, as those programmers will never create anything of value to begin with.

>>59210707
>he thinks good programmers don't use C or C++
Hello newfriend, I'm glad to see you're enjoying your python class.
>>
>>59210707
Good programmers program in whatever language is best for specific task
>>59210764
Not an argument
>>59210810
Safe, limited and high-level languages have their place, they are good when you want to write something quickly and you don't care about performance.
>>
>>59210831
>Safe, limited and high-level languages have their place, they are good when you want to write something quickly and you don't care about performance.
This is what all the Rust shills don't seem to understand. A GC language is fine for applications but you absolutely can't afford it in kernels, embedded software, anything bare metal.
>>
>>59206515
It got too complicated for normies to handle.
>>
>>59206568
>cat-v
>thinks it's anything but satire

?
>>
File: LOL-Trol-Face.gif (47KB, 476x306px) Image search: [Google]
LOL-Trol-Face.gif
47KB, 476x306px
>>59206515
They ran out of special characters.
>>
>>59210901
Rust doesn't have a GC.
>>
File: c++.jpg (42KB, 506x655px) Image search: [Google]
c++.jpg
42KB, 506x655px
>>59206515
Everything.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.