[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone Hold Their Horses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 46

File: Screenshot_2017-03-02_13-33-39.png (572KB, 860x557px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-02_13-33-39.png
572KB, 860x557px
https://youtu.be/G_6rs9cBzvE?t=687
>a UEFI update we got complete changed the parameters of testing
>For the next week, take the benchmarks with a huge grain of salt
>We've seen wild swings in performance with minor UEFI updates
There you have it. Don't base your opinions on skewed and in some cases even completely false benchmarks.
>>
Why would anyone buy AMD when intel is literally cheaper and doesn't have any of these issues?
>>
>>59205714
Because Intel is prepared to fuck the consumer in the ass at every chance they get, and the only thing stopping them from doing so is AMD.
>>
>>59205681
Oh yeah, just like Bulldozer's early benchmarks were invalid
>>
>>59205769
Because AMD's attempting to pressure reviewers to only show gaming benchmarks at 4k was a very pro-consumer move.
>>
>>59205812

And slylake, nehalem, and ivy bridge, and Haswell.
>>
>>59205812
This is different. Wendel doesn't lie, and is unbiased.
>>
>>59205875
wendell inclines to amd, his clone hates corporations and anti-consumer shit so he's the one you should listen.
>>
Most of the benchmarks have had turbo disabled, they openly show this
>>
>>59205681
>asrock
Isn't ASRock shit?
>>
>>59206125
>wendell inclines to amd
He states in this video that upcoming Ryzen videos will be "emotion free", which can't be said for the rest of this board.
>>
>>59206125
>his clone
who? Piston?
>>
>it's okay when AMD does it
>>
>>59205681
FUCKING UEFI MAKING MY CPUS SLOWER REEEEEEEEE
>>
It's obvious there is some sort of issue, benchmarks are all over the fucking place.
>>
>>59206542
Some boards are a lot better than others. Shows vendors are in different stages of BIOS development.
>>
JEWTEL FAGGOTS BTFO
>>
>>59205681

4D chess by AMD, Intel is shitscared now they thought they are safe first lel
>>
>>59206595
probably depends more on when the reviewers did their benchmarks.
Some reviewer said he got an update on the very last day before the deadline. I bet a lot of reviewers were too lazy or pressed for time to do all their benchmarks again
>>
>>59205839
Meanwhile Intel was pressuring reviewers to not post anything at all until Intel let them.
>>
>>59206653
ASUS pushed out a BIOS update last night, and it fixed one thing, but fucked up another. A guy's 1700 jumped up to 1.4v~ at stock clocks after applying the update.
It'll take a little while for vendors to sort their shit out.
>>
>>59205681
Just because AMD fucked up another release it doesn't mean their benchmarks are "false" you buttblasted shill.

Also AMD openly stated that there is nothing they can do about it and they will work on optimizing future games for their CPUS.
>>
>>59206209
Their higher end boards are good.
>>
>>59206712
>this damage control

Benchmarks were all over the place, something is not right
>>
Sorry, but I am not fucking paying 360+ money to be a beta tester.
>>
ANOTHER
MASSIVE
DISAPPOINTMENT
>>
>>59206712
>Just because AMD fucked up
>AMD openly stated that there is nothing they can do about it
They didn't fuck up if is the issue is with BIOS vendor. And likewise, they can't do anything about it either.
>they will work on optimizing future games for their CPUS
This has to do with developers writing shitty code in regards to SMT.
>>
>>59205681
Wendell is top tier
>>
>>59206802

Did you pre-order?

If not congratulations, you passed the idiot test.
>>
>>59206261

INTELFAGS BTFO
>>
>>59206845
I prefer Piston boipucci.
>>
>>59205714
Intel CPUs have had similar issues in the past. Nehalem had issues with hyper threading at fist, but it was fixed with updates to OS schedulers
>>
>>59206670
which in the end would have been a profit for amd seeing how they fucked it up again
>>
>>59205681
>fat
>beards
>glasses

why should I believe them
>>
>>59206817
>they for some magical reason did not know of such an issue
i guess amd is not testing their cpus ?
>>
>>59206936

you shitlord!
>>
>>59205769
Dude AMD is fucking the consumer in the ass, read Gamers Nexus review

They literally rigged their benchmarks
>>
>>59205681
>just wait for zen
>just wait for uefi updates
>just wait for OS optimizations
>just wait for games to use more than 4 cores
where does it end
>>
Will they also release a UEFI update that makes those CPUs compatible with Windows 7?
>>
>>59207010
Hopefully not.
>>
>>59206936
i was just going to post something like this. why all these ""reviewers"" are white, fat, bearded, glasses wearing shitlords

are they cosplaying? is it a stereotype?
>>
>>59206986
Intel had SMT issues too. Motherboard manufacturers chug out firmware updates quite regularly tho so I reckon this'll blow over in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>59206936
>>59207036
>not knowing wendell
If there's any person on Youtube worth watching, it's him.
>>
What's the likelihood of this happening?
>>
>>59206928
>AMD targetted 40% IPC uplift over excavator
>Achieved ~52% uplift
>Ryzen has failed because it's what AMD said it would be

If you cannot separate shitposting from discussion, maybe >>>/v/ is more your speed.

If games ARE your thing, then ok, in the majority of games tested, Ryzen is well within punching distance of the 7700k, other games it does tend to fall back a little, whether this is due to the BIOS problems we're seeing, or AMD's implementation of SMT not being fully supported by some games is yet to be seen, but that being said, the performance isn't exactly "poor" either. Yes, the 7700k wins by a fair margin in games like Tomb Raider - I'm seeing anywhere from 15, to 30fps lead on Ryzen, but at this point we're also up above 100fps, and there's a limited number of people with 144Hz monitors who are going to see that difference.

And then we look at rendering, encoding, compiling. And guess what. Ryzen demolishes everything that is priced within $700 of it. Which is to say, everything except the 6950x.

Just because you may not buy Zen, doesn't mean it's failed. AMD's success does not depend on you, or Billy-Joe who lives down the street. AMD is trading blows with Intel, while pulling less power, and putting out less heat, and offering more cores. These things matter to Enterprise customers, where the real money is.
A company can survive without the consumer market, look at IBM.

You want a solid look at how Zen will perform? Then give it 3 weeks for motherboard manufacturers to get their shit in order.
As per overclocking, remember how terrible Haswell and Devil's Canyon were for overclocking on launch, then look at them 3 months later when the node matured just that little bit more.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXVIPo_qbc4
>>
File: rosser.jpg (112KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
rosser.jpg
112KB, 900x900px
>>59207095
>If there's any person on Youtube worth watching, it's him.

wrong
>>
>>59205769
this honestly.

i wouldnt mind amdicklets killing themselves if it didnt mean jewintel doubling their prices overnight.
>>
>>59207114
>>59206845
So this pretty much confirms the OP then? Intelfags on suicide watch
>>
>>59207114
Saw that earlier. Unless he got luck and has a gold chip, the 1700 looks like the proc to get.
>>
i'm not holding out too much hope. gamers nexus made a good point, AMD have obviously known about its comparatively poor gaming performance for a while judging by how they chose to present it at the ryzen tech day. i'll be patient for now but it won't surprise me at all if it's a fundamental flaw in the architecture.
>>
>>59206986
uefi updates are already happening, several actually. new reviews are already showing ryzen doing much better
>>
>>59207128

Oh, you mean the guy that made a fuss over being sued by Apple when in reality they just wanted to compliment him.
>>
>>59205867
And Kaby Lake that fucking performed worse than Skylake in most benches.
>>
>>59207151
This

Reading the Gamers Nexus review made me so fucking mad

Fuck AMD, they are literally trying to scam us
>>
>>59207158
>new reviews
link?
>>
>>59207151
Like the OP says, motherboard manufacturers were literally pushing out BIOS updates at the eleventh hour to reviewers that made huge differences in performance.
>>
>>59207108
i never said it´s failed after all unlike the shills here i actually wait to see how successful a product will be before i call it a failure

>whether this is due to the BIOS problems we're seeing
i was obviously referring to this bios problems

AMD had to know that there is such a problem if they had tested the cpus with the motherboards
and if they had done this they could have had this fix out before people started to make benchmarks

but instead they just seem to not do any qc at all

and i certainly agree that the mb manufacturers fucked up but it is AMDs fault too for not making sure that they do their work properly on such a release
>>
>>59207036
>why all these ""reviewers"" are white
How progressive of you.

>>>/lgbt/ is that way
>>
>>59206688
>ANUS
Well, this is why you should never preorder this kind of stuff.
>>
File: 1488070213832.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1488070213832.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>59207180
>Reading the Gamers Nexus review made me so fucking mad
>Fuck AMD, they are literally trying to scam us

now this is shitposting
>>
>>59207114
>intel chip at 5 GHz and cores at full blast
>1700 at 3.9 GHz practicality idling while matching Intel
>>
>>59207190
yes i know. im willing to be pleasantly surprised if there's (a lot) more performance to be had on the table. but the 1700 for example should be able to smash the 7700k, even with SMT disabled, if IPC were actually comparable in most use cases and if cinebench and handbrake weren't absolutely cherrypicked.
>>
I really really like how Gamers Nexus has suddenly become THE end all be all in hardware reviews sites.
>>
>>59207240
They aren't. Every other reviewer showed the same thing.

The difference is that Gamers Nexus showed how AMD was literally rigging their benchmark results.
>>
>>59207259

"Rigging" by politely asking to include higher resolutions.
>>
>>59207196
>i was obviously referring to this bios problems

>which in the end would have been a profit for amd seeing how they fucked it up again
>seeing how they fucked it up again
>they

You implied the product is at fault, not the tools which must be used in conjunction.
While AMD may have known the motherboards would have problems or not is up for speculation. Given the rapid developments in UEFI updates for Ryzen, I think speculation can go either way. AMD may have assumed that a suitable version would have been ready by launch day, or they are banking on Ryzen's raw performance to float them through the initial batch of benchmarks until they can convince enough people to retest on updates drivers.

QC can hardly be called into question, so far as the hardware is concerned, Ryzen isn't missing many beats, and shock horror, some people can shatter OC records, others have trouble hitting max on turbo, welcome to initial batches.

Neither AMD nor the vendors will step forward and say that they were the ones unprepared, should Zen have been slated for another week later, may have seen different results, but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week to let vendors catch up?
>>
>>59207236
The problem with this is that there's some tests where performance literally does not make sense.

The biggest red light I saw is
A integer load like winrar, scoring so badly that even Bulldozer is better at it.
But then the next test, SHA2 another integer load literally obliterating even the $1000 Intel by 30%+

AMD should have extended the NDA for 2 weeks to fix these issues.
>>
>>59207289
>but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week to let vendors catch up?

Right now it's not being particularly well received so yes. First impressions count. A lot of reviewers will simply refuse to retest even if they somehow manage to find 10% IPC hiding behind the sofa, and many average consumers who can barely be bothered to google a single benchmark will have completely written it off already.
>>
File: ryzen.png (129KB, 1267x931px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen.png
129KB, 1267x931px
Well, here's the answer for all of this, straight from the horses mouth in their Reddit AMA

>inb4 leddit
>>
>>59207279
>"Rigging" by politely asking to include higher resolutions.

"At this point, you might be left feeling disillusioned when considering AMD’s tech demos. Keep in mind that most of the charts leaked and created by AMD revolved around Cinebench, which is not a gaming workload. When there were gaming workloads, AMD inflated their numbers by doing a few things:

In the Sniper Elite demo, AMD frequently looked at the skybox when reloading, and often kept more of the skybox in the frustum than on the side-by-side Intel processor. A skybox has no geometry, which is what loads a CPU with draw calls, and so it’ll inflate the framerate by nature of testing with chaotically conducted methodology. As for the Battlefield 1 benchmarks, AMD also conducted using chaotic methods wherein the AMD CPU would zoom / look at different intervals than the Intel CPU, making it effectively impossible to compare the two head-to-head."
>>
>>59207095
>watching retards on youtube

>>59207201
get a load of this goy. i wasn't bitching anout they being white, but fay, bearded, glasses wearing stereotypes. they only need fedoras and there you go.

it doesnt matter to me if you are black, yellow, green, brown, or normal.
>>
>>59207359
"And, most importantly, all of these demos were run at 4K resolution. That creates a GPU bottleneck, meaning we are no longer observing true CPU performance. The analog would be to benchmark all GPUs at 720p, then declare they are equal (by way of tester-created CPU bottlenecks). There’s an argument to be made that low-end performance doesn’t matter if you’re stuck on the GPU, but that’s a bad argument: You don’t buy a worse-performing product for more money, especially when GPU upgrades will eventually out those limitations as bottlenecks external to the CPU vanish."
>>
>>59207350
The exact same thing happened with the 480, it was bad at launch but now it's better bang for buck than the 1060, and tons of reviews made follow up videos and reviews to that.
>>
>>59207376
"As for Blender benchmarking, AMD’s demonstrated Blender benchmarks used different settings than what we would recommend. The values were deltas, so the presentation of data is sort of OK, but we prefer a more real-world render. In its Blender testing, AMD executes renders using just 150 samples per pixel, or what we consider to be “preview” quality (GN employs a 3D animator), and AMD runs slightly unoptimized 32x32 tile sizes, rendering out at 800x800. In our benchmark, we render using 400 samples per pixel for release candidate quality, 16x16 tiles, which is much faster for CPU rendering, and a 4K resolution. This means that our benchmarks are not comparable to AMD’s, but they are comparable against all the other CPUs we’ve tested. We also believe firmly that our benchmarks are a better representation of the real world. AMD still holds a lead in price-to-performance in our Blender benchmark, even when considering Intel’s significant overclocking capabilities (which do put the 6900K ahead, but don’t change its price).

As for Cinebench, AMD ran those tests with the 6900K platform using memory in dual-channel, rather than its full quad-channel capabilities. That’s not to say that the results would drastically change, but it’s also not representative of how anyone would use an X99 platform."
>>
>>59207350
It's not really important for lego builders like us, money is with OEMs, and they aren't retarded like /g/ that likes to jump to conclusions.
If AMD gets some fixes out of the buggy boards, they'll be more than happy.
>>
>>59207350
The average consumer looks at basic numbers, and right now the numbers are;
>Ryzen beats $1200 Intel CPU in rendering
>Nearly matches 7700k in 80% of games tested so far
For most of the plebs that's enough for a sale.

Nobody likes product delays. They increase hype for no reason because people believe, and rightly so, that they offer some tangible benefit to the product being more polished. And yes, Zen would have been more polished if left a week, but would expectations have R(yzen) so much more with that.
>>
>>59207289
where did you get the idea that i blame the product? i blame the company for not checking which you should be able to see thanks to me using "they"

>QC can hardly be called into question
ok maybe i´m not sure though who else would be checking motherboard compatibility and i can not imagine that they don´t do it that would be retarded imo

>but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week
there for certain wouldn´t be people saying that benchmarks are not reliable and that "amd chips" are not working right if it were delayed
>>
>>59207144
Dont the non X chips lack XFR though? Or just a lesser implementation of it?
>>
>>59207405
Since this is the internet age, positive news will quickly make waves even to the dumbest of normalfags thanks to the free marketing army on social media.

It's practically all a waiting game, a week means nothing for products that release every 15 months.
>>
>>59205769
and you think amd gives a fuck about you on a personal level. it's 2017 time for you to learn any corporation sees your wallet and not you as an individual, they're not doing fucking anything to make you happy, they are doing things to make your hard earned money. neither amd or intel are your buddy, they're not a loving uncle or close personal friend. they're faceless multinational corporations that want your money. they'd kill your parents if it sold 3 million more processors.
>>
>>59207470
Still has XFR but it's a lesser version.
>>
>>59207186
>>59206261
>>
>>59207495
Yes I'd gladly kill my parents so that Intel sells 3 million less units
>>
>>59207470
All chips have XFR, but the "X" chips have twice the boost.
At the end of the day though its too minor to matter. XFR only kicks in for very brief periods.
>>
>>59207378
well hopefully you're right. maybe i'm being overly pessimistic but I don't think it's going to be completely fixed overnight, if it all.
>>
>>59207526
just kill yourself instead, you're a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>59207514
That isn't a *new* review, it was published this morning when NDA lifted.
We've known about it all day.
>>
>>59207356
>Ryzen is doing really well in 1440pp and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound.
topkek our cpu is doing really well if it´s not used as much
>>
File: AMlosi.jpg (259KB, 670x768px) Image search: [Google]
AMlosi.jpg
259KB, 670x768px
>>59207356

Poor PR at AMD
>>
>>59207561
I know right? 800x600 performance is much more important than lets say something like blender or handbrake.
>>
>>59207555
new in terms of settings used
yes it is
and more will come as we see uefi updates being applied and reviews updated
>>
>>59206125
>clone
lol'd, always thought the same thing since l1t started
>>
>>59207495
>neither amd or intel are your buddy
So what? Nice fucking fallacy there; it doesn't matter if AMD is also anti-consumer, because it isn't mutually exclusive with Intel being so. In the current state of the industry, AMD is by far the lesser of two evils.
>>
>>59207561
The CPU isn't stressed less at higher resolutions.
It is only stress less in proportion to the GPU, the GPU load is increasing, the CPU load is staying static.

>>59207605
All they did was show how SMT impacted performance. Reviewers were told that SMT might hurt gaming performance, that isn't new.
>>
>>59206638
holy shit you're right

Lisa and Raja are fucking masterminds
>>
>>59207356
>our Prios is just as fast as Lamborghini during rush hour
AYYYYYYY LMAOOOO
>>
Oh shit AMD has SMT performance loss like Intel did with the original Netburst? Wasn't that fixed in a Windows update?
>>
>>59207610
how are they the lesser of two evils, they do the same anti consumer shit, they have the same shady practices.

so because you like them or they're the plucky underdog they're somehow less evil.

you're fucking delusional
>>
File: 1384116785181.jpg (174KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1384116785181.jpg
174KB, 720x720px
>>59207610
>In the current state of the industry, AMD is by far the lesser of two evils.

hardly... Most MADSHILLS ALWAYS THINK MUH UNDERDOG, which is GIGANTIC jew, you can just see it in their marketing, always trying to scam DESPERATE AMDRONES
>>
>>59207665
Tel Aviv please.
>>
File: goyim.png (50KB, 863x653px) Image search: [Google]
goyim.png
50KB, 863x653px
>>59207678

Shalom
>>
>>59207665
I want the 6900k why is it so expensive? I do graphics work and video editing. $1,000 is very steep.
>>
>>59207597
no 800x600 performance is much more important than 4k
if you want to compare cpus

what do bleender and handbreak have to do with gayming benchmarks?

>>59207623
you can not check the performance of the cpu reliably if the gpu is being a bottleneck
>>
>>59207656
Good point, remember how AMD was fined billions of dollars for its illegal market manipulation and kickback schemes designed to bully partners into not supplying competitor products?
>>
>>59207653
Intel has had SMT fuckups with Nehalem. Shit happens every fucking time actually NEW arch is released.
>>
>>59205681
Are they twins?
>>
>>59207699
Then what does 800x600 benchmarks have to do with gaming if they in no way reflect performance you can expect to achieve at resolutions you play at.
>>
>>59207653
It still lingers on slightly to this day

but not 5%
>>
>>59207694
>I do graphics work and video editing
>but I don't want want what ryzen excels at
>>
File: 1458765467.png (452KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458765467.png
452KB, 1000x800px
>>59207694

- Buy 7700K if you do 90% of gaming and 10% of graphics work and video editing

- Buy $500 1800X if you do 15% of gaming and 85% of graphics work and video editing
>>
>>59207699
Am I supposed to be impressed that Intel wins at year 2005 resolutions, ties in modern resolutions, but gets obliterated in CPU benches like blender or handbrake?

Because I'm really not.
>>
>>59207742
But trump is retarded
>>
>>59207714
KEK, but seriously, intel has a terrible record on anti competitive practices who anyone with more than half brain should consider before shilling for them for free.
>>
>>59207743

But you see, that 800x600 will one day come to haunt you, slowly over time the performance will keep degrading on Ryzen
>>
>>59207734
>>59207742
I am buying the 1800x I'm just trying to get a reason from this shill why I'd never spend $1,000 for a fucking CPU.
>>59207665
$1,000 for a CPU not happening.
>>
>>59207114
>Battlefield 1
>AMD
>not even one thread >=90%
>a lot of 0-10% usage
>Intel
>nearly dying

is the fix going to increase the usage?
>>
>>59207751

and he won cuz he managed to underpromise and overdeliver.
>>
>>59207743
for fucks sake no how the hell did you get that idea
i am just saying it´s shit to compare cpus if the gpu is a bottleneck
i´d say the same fucking shit if intel were to say "yes goyim test our cpu at 4k where gpus can´t keep up"
>>
>>59207694
Because until now Intel had zero competition in that market segment and could set the price to whatever they wanted.
>>
>>59207714
>>59207714
it's a funny joke, but amd really does this to it's own board partners.
>>
>>59207781
That just goes to show you that CPU doesn't matter all that much at higher resolutions, just get a better GPU.
>>
File: 1479005876572.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479005876572.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
I don't know what to believe anymore
>>
>>59207762

Thanks for supporting Israel with the purchase of 1800X. :^)
>>
>>59207742
It would be better if you wait for the 4 core ryzen. If everything goes fine for AMD you'll be able to get either a good and cheap Ryzen processor or a much cheaper intel processor like the 7700K because intel will need to cut their prices even more.
>>
>>59205681
This is literal bullshit
>>
>>59207805
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>59207623
there's this from the computerbase reviews

>Computerbase eventually used the Asus Crosshair VI Hero with BIOS 5704 for testing which shows a performance increase of 10% in gaming compared to the MSI Mainboard with BIOS 117. If you used the MSI mainboard with an older firmware version, the results were actually unusable.

It's quite clear bios updates are going to radically skew ryzen in their favor.
>>
>>59207800
wonderful now tell me why you´d compare cpus at a resolution at which they don´t matter all that much
>>
>>59207778
pretty sure he promised to put hillary in jail and get a wall built with mexican money
>>
>>59207828
AMD cheats again... never again.. never again... never again... buy amd...
>>
>>59207804
You have to unironically wait for noname faggots to properly bench everything in a week or so.
>>
Guys, the truly important thing is that ryzen can compile gentoo REALLY FAST.
>>
File: 1469410922465.png (113KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
1469410922465.png
113KB, 500x557px
>>59207806

>a much cheaper intel processor like the 7700K because intel will need to cut their prices even more.

I would love to see that, but it would be anudda shoah to AMD and Kikes.
>>
File: 1428163328855.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1428163328855.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>59207356
>motherboard disabled cores/turbo mode

oshitoshitoshit
>>
>>59207849
if i remember correctly the wall is still coming
though it might be just a bunch of idiots who don´t know anything crying about a notcoming wall
>>
>>59207879
>with mexican money

when's that coming?

what about hillary's indictment?
>>
>>59207847
I wouldn't compare CPU's in games because it's all the same fucking shit.

Duh.
running a
while true; 
loop in bash seems more real world than that.
>>
File: ryzen-photoshop.png (112KB, 722x554px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-photoshop.png
112KB, 722x554px
>>59207742
>graphics work

100% wrong.

An Intel processor that costs $160 less is beating a Ryzen in Photoshop.
>>
>>59206125
>his clone
How rude. The correct term is minime
>>
>>59207904
Great 6900k performance there, real good 2 thread bench.
>>
>>59207889
i seem to remember him saying/implying that he won´t get her jailed
and if my mind is not failing me the plan is to increase the import tax? or some shit on mexican stuff
>>
>>59205681
/thread
>>
>>59207904
>0.3 seconds!
>>
>>59205681
This better be true. I'm not ready for another disappointment.
>>
>>59207850
>It's fine when Intel does it. Buy Intel!
>>
>>59207805
Why the fuck would I pay $1,000 for a CPU dumbass?
>>
>>59207904
And yet the Ryzen chip is also beating an Intel processor that costs $1200.
>>
Has anyone tested these CPUs(especially 1700 OCd) with a TitanXP at 4k? Because that's what I'm buying in the next 2 months.

I'd like to see performance.
>>
>>59207714
.02 Seconds on a processor with more cores woooooaaaahhhhhhh
>>
>>59207950
>an Intel processor that costs $1200
That also has worst build quality. Couldn't even bother to add solder to its cost
>>
>>59207967

Linus did it im pretty sure
>>
>>59207923

yes after he promised to put her in jail he then admitted that he wouldn't after he was elected. if my memory serves that's not underpromising, that's explicitly breaking a promise

a lie, if you will
>>
>>59207950
>>59207921
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu,4951-8.html

Look though the whole lot of Adobe benches, they go back and forth. The shill just cherrypicked one. Over all Ryzen is neck and neck with intel's top processors there.
>>
>>59207967
That's retarded, you should be testing it at 720p or lower.
>>
>>59207967
CPU don't matter at 4k
>>
>>59207983
broadwell-e is soldered.
>>
>>59207992
Hillary's health will likely deteriorate over the next 4 years. Shes dying so there is no need to put her through a trial.
Having her as the front for the Dem party was nothing but a play to get Kaine into office, and hes a total progressivist commie.
>>
>>59207993
>neck and neck
No they arent
>>
File: power-load - hoursefire.gif (5KB, 518x230px) Image search: [Google]
power-load - hoursefire.gif
5KB, 518x230px
>>59207904

Then, BUY 7700K FOR EVERYTHING!

$500 1800X is a pure garbage. AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT!
>>
File: 1481409343808.jpg (140KB, 702x672px) Image search: [Google]
1481409343808.jpg
140KB, 702x672px
>>59208007

>should test at a resolution no one is going to use
>>
>>59207992
certainly
though i never said he "underpromised" that was another anon

i was just giving my two cents to the conversation
>>
>>59208007
No, it's a $600 monitor, I wouldn't even ever put it at 720p for curiosity sake.

>>59208021
I'm interested in min frames.
>>
File: ryzen-illustrator.png (179KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-illustrator.png
179KB, 600x450px
>>59207993
No they're not

Ryzen gets beat in nearly every one
>>
>>59208044
To get the larger CPU load
>>
File: L_00008333.jpg (135KB, 640x570px) Image search: [Google]
L_00008333.jpg
135KB, 640x570px
>>59207983
nice shill jewcuck
>>
Gpu use at 99%. We're seeing same fps because it's evident that the GPU is the bottleneck. When I want to check if a game I run is limited by my old ass q6600 I run it 800x600 no af, no aa but max settings. Most times the lowest fps won't change because one or two cores are 100%. For the games I play, it makes no difference to have more than 2 cores (same min max fps with 2 cores disabled) just for the game, for multitasking while gaming it's obv another story. I guess I'll get a 7700k, I wished for an AMD but thy're not worth their price for gaming yet.
>>
File: 10 cores lol.png (70KB, 569x839px) Image search: [Google]
10 cores lol.png
70KB, 569x839px
>>59208062
Lets just stop this fanboying, aite?
>>
>>59208064

still not representative of real life usage. its as relevant as cinebench.

benchmarks should be 1080p and above only unless youre one of those insane csgo players who need at least 1000fps
>>
Really don't understand fanboys at all. Why would you cheer against competition? Do you like paying higher prices? You should be hoping for a great product no matter what.
>>
>>59206166
>Most of the benchmarks have had turbo disabled, they openly show this
Fucking Intel probably shilled hard for this.
>>
>>59208083
Photoshop isn't even on that chart and neither is the 7700k
>>
>>59207114
>>59208072
>>
>>59208101
YES I WANT TO FEEL BIG JEW COCK UP MY ASS. FUCK ME INTEL.
>>
>>59208101
Of course we're hoping for a great product

Ryzen is not that, AMD needs to get their shit together
>>
>>59208083
Non of the adobe suite is there
Those are all synthetic benchmarks
>>
>>59208106
I imagine your 7700k is gonna do much better in mulithreaded work than a 6950X
>>
>>59208120
they're both jewish though?
>>
>>59208125
>AMD is not that
If you are delusional IntelShill.
>>
>>59208139
Intel is more jewish though. At least ayymd solders their shit CPUs.
>>
>>59208125
>Ryzen is not that
C'mon, its too early to say that
Early benchmarks are disappointing, but I still have hope.
>>
>>59208101
theres no problem with being a fanboy i am tired of seeing a million fucking threads a day either way on it. buy the product you want from the company you want and shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>59208129
>handbrake
>AES
>decompression
>foobar/transcoding
>Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor
>virtualbox
>blender

>synthetic

Delicious tears.
>>
>>59208103
None of the benchmarks released today had turbo disabled, that's a lie
>>
>>59208140
Please explain how Ryzen is a great product

It is failing to beat CPUs that cost hundreds of dollars less
>>
Let me get this straight-

If you take a piece of new technology, and force it into an old system for the sake of a fair comparison, there's a chance that it won't be as optimized for that system as the old technology was?

That's a real head scratcher
>>
>>59208147
intel soldiers their enthusiast cpus too. soldering the smaller cpus isn't cost effective and results in cracking in the thermal interface over heating and cooling cycles.

if amd were to cut down dies they would find the same problem. you're using a literal non issue to shill.
>>
>>59208033
>>59208065
>broadwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6KFzoFwYrE
>>
File: K9N5Aev.png (45KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
K9N5Aev.png
45KB, 960x540px
>>59208125
>BIOS issues still affecting over all system performance
>Still shows 90% IPC of intel's current chips
>draws significantly less power than Broadwell-E

Ryzen is pretty amazing. I'll give you one thing though: The Ryzen 7 1800X is pulling 110w under a super intense 100% CPU load, not 95w. Thats the only area where AMD didn't meet the expectation they explicitly laid out for themselves, but in all other cases the chip stays within 95w. In a 4K gaming bench in Metro Last Light the 1800X pulls under 60w.
>>
>>59208133
You're missing the point.

The vast majority of work apps are not optimized for multithreading

This includes Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

This is why Ryzen is failing in both gaming and productivity
>>
>>59208183
>soldering the smaller cpus isn't cost effective and results in cracking in the thermal interface over heating and cooling cycles.
Eh, no? Industrial soldering barely cracks. A bad excuse for Intel to poo jew cum under the IHS.
>>
File: AMD-Ryzen-1800X-Intel-6700X-1.png (29KB, 617x837px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Ryzen-1800X-Intel-6700X-1.png
29KB, 617x837px
>>59208165
Looks like it handily demolishes it.
>>
>>59208197
Ryzen IS amazing, but it suffers from the same shit good old Nehalem suffered: it's a new arch.
>>
>>59208197
>are not optimized for multithreading
Because Ryzen is ahead of its time. Lazy developers haven't found incentive to optimize their code.
>>
>>59207289
>but would it have been so well received after being delayed a week to let vendors catch up?
People would have been initially disappointed but more satisfied with the results on release.

Releasing a bad product that gets better over time is neither a good plan nor is it sustainable. People still have to deal with the bad product that you have put out there in the meantime.

If it can be done, better to delay and release the better product than to rush and release the bad one.
>>
>>59208183
>it cracks now
>but it never cracked for some 30 years

Right.
>>
>>59208177
Nobody forced a new price of technology into an old sustem
>>
I found it telling that things are kind of green atm since Gamer Nexus disabled SMT and saw improvements. Seems to show a weak spot there under certain circumstances.
>>
>>59208187
hurr durrr 95w tdp = 95w power draw durrr hurr hurrrrrr
why are retards allowed to shitpost on the internet?
>>
>>59208217
That's just games, these are workstation CPU just like Broadwell-E are.
>>
>>59208217
>ryzen is ahead of its time
Lmao
>>
File: lolfuckingl.png (74KB, 601x830px) Image search: [Google]
lolfuckingl.png
74KB, 601x830px
>>59208210
Looks like it doesn't
>>
>>59208226
Do you not understand how benchmarking works?
>>
>>59208253
It quite does, it murders it in some 20+ tests by over 60%, you posted a gaming benchmark of one game.
>>
>>59208217
>ahead of its time

What does that even mean?

Ryzen sucks for 99% of the games and apps out there compared to Intel's offerings at the same price.

This is not going to magically change with time.
>>
What the fuck is going on here?
>>
File: ryzen-doa.jpg (386KB, 1301x739px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-doa.jpg
386KB, 1301x739px
>>59208264
There's way more than that
>>
>>59208274
See >>59207114
>>
>>59208217
>tfw too smart to win
>>
>>59208289
They used different GPUs?
>>
File: A10-7850k CPU power.png (14KB, 624x187px) Image search: [Google]
A10-7850k CPU power.png
14KB, 624x187px
>>59208187
Tom's Hardware got the same figure for total power, 110w is probably a hard limit for the chip in its stock configuration.
Power consumption in gaming, web browsing, and light office work is very low, even for the top end 1800X.

>>59208231
>being a clueless child
>trying to attack someone far more informed than yourself
Thats cute.
TDP is not one thing, but an adjustable target, and each company can describe it differently therefore. AMD's parts typically have TDP set as typical load power. In fact with their GPUs they explicitly call it typical board power. They call the RX 480 a 150w GPU because it has a 110w power target for the ASIC, and a 40w power target for the memory.
Kaveri with a 95w TDP allots 50w for the CPU, knowing that the Steamroller modules take 25w at a fixed 3.5ghz, and the IGP takes the rest of the power budget. Sometimes CPU takes more, sometimes the CPU throttles to maintain higher IGP clocks. That is how they stay within their 95w TDP, by keeping power consumption limited to that target.
You can see this when you monitor power consumption real time.

Don't try to correct people who know more than you.
>>
>>59208289
Pretty much what's in the OP, plus other stuff. A HUGE grain of salt, etc.
>>
File: RYZEN7-1800X-49.jpg (86KB, 614x399px) Image search: [Google]
RYZEN7-1800X-49.jpg
86KB, 614x399px
>>59208291
>has to bring out ES benchmarks without turbo from Iran

Getting desperate there.
Have some more fun.
>>
I wonder what these benchmarks will look like with the 4 or 6 core part if it can OC nearly as well as Intel's. Think things will be quite interesting indeed.
>>
File: micro_cracks-1024x283.png (266KB, 1024x283px) Image search: [Google]
micro_cracks-1024x283.png
266KB, 1024x283px
>>59208221
>1
dies are significantly smaller than they have ever been. it's a fairly recent issue as dies fall below 130 mm2 micro cracks and heat cycle voids lessen the efficiency of any mechanical TIM bond. the larger the solder patch the less likely there will be an issue which is why larger dies like ryzen and any enthusiast level intel chips can still be soldered.
>>
>>59208304
720p, should matter much.
>>
File: Ryzen power.jpg (75KB, 711x533px) Image search: [Google]
Ryzen power.jpg
75KB, 711x533px
>>59208315
>>
>>59208304
Both are at 720p, it's irrelevant.
>>
File: ryzen-70-cpu.jpg (14KB, 400x152px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-70-cpu.jpg
14KB, 400x152px
>>59208327
It shows the same thing across all reviews sadly

Here we have a $60 Intel CPU beating a $500 Ryzen CPU
>>
>>59208203
it's not about being cost effective see >>59208330
>>
>>59208330
>>59208367
>oy vey!
>Solder is actually bad, goyim
>Thats why we removed it from our consumer CPUs, we're doing you a favor!
>Never mind the fact that we still use it on all our expensive prosumer and enterprise parts.
>Nothing to see here, goyim.
>Remember to buy Kaby Lake X so you can upgrade to Skylake X so you can upgrade to Cannonlake on a new socket all later this year!
>>
File: RYZEN7-1800X-46.jpg (108KB, 614x407px) Image search: [Google]
RYZEN7-1800X-46.jpg
108KB, 614x407px
>>59208355
>cut out the rest of the image

Good boy.
Now that we've realized you're literally grasping at straws by saying 5% single thread performance is better than 80% performance, I'm done here and in need of a shower because my dick smells bad.
>>
>>59208289
AMD cheating at benchmarks again, see gamernexus
This isn't fair for us consumers at all, AMD is a scummy company.
>>
>>59208418

Yup, AMD literally rigged their benchmarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7UBHjtCXhU&feature=youtu.be&t=1264
>>
>>59208391
>the die size for skylake ~100 mm2
>the die size for haswell-e ~350 mm2

don't blame me or intel because you don't understand engineering.
>>
>>59208444
HOLY SHIT HOW DID THEY THINK NOBODY WOULD FIND THIS OUT!

AMD is real scum, fucking AMD jews
>>
>>59208264
nobody cares about 7zip performance
>>
File: bf1-ryzen.png (120KB, 806x580px) Image search: [Google]
bf1-ryzen.png
120KB, 806x580px
>>59208394
You keep posting obscure rendering benchmarks, it's funny.

I'll keep posting mainstream applications.

Sad how badly Ryzen does in the apps people care about.
>>
File: heh.jpg (2KB, 97x97px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
2KB, 97x97px
>>59208391
>>
Why are these the only guys saying this shit? Where the fuck is everyone else? It's one of two thingz everyone but these two are lying or these two and taking AMD bribes
>>
>>59208072
shut the fuck up intelshill, youre already proven wrong
>>
>>59208488
See >>59208444

AMD is doing some shady shit right now
>>
>>59208482
Wow, the 8 core Intel literally loses to a $50 pentium.

Really gets you thinking.
>>
>>59208488
AMD is scum of the earth, don't buy from them, Intel gives you a great product
>>
>>59205681
Couldn't care less about anyone else. Waiting for orders from generalisimo Wendell
>>
>>59208480

Samefagging because no one cares is just low
>>
>>59208444
fuck amd cracked the zoom in cpu killer pattern
>>
>>59208484
>mainstream applications
>muh vidyagaems
>>
>>59208546
Fuck you AMD scammer! Fuck off and leave us honest people in peace, you literally scammed the entire market with your crap!
>>
>>59206246
You´re imbecile, an autist or a fucking troll.
>>
>>59208488
They're trying to drum up some ad revenue.
AMD gave them nothing but general guidelines, guidelines which don't even have to be followed, and everyone got told the same thing via a mass mailing list.
Consider showing higher resolution gaming benches in addition to 1920x1080.

They simply want consumers to see that Ryzen is passable for 4K and VR. They aren't threatening or coercing any reviewers. They aren't saying they'll withhold review samples in the future if you fail to publish a review to their liking.
But controversy sells, and shills spreading it around are making these guys money.
>>
>>59208488
>Why are these the only guys saying this shit? Where the fuck is everyone else?
Everyone else published benchmark data without bothering to update BIOS/redo benchmarks. They say in the vid they had benchmarks ready to publish, only to realize in dismay that a UEFI update skewed everything and they had to redo. They also had some vendor updates fixed issues, but also break things, hence why "take benchmarks with grain of salt".
>>
>>59208561

Samefagging to push a made up agenda is low.
>>
File: 113400img.jpg (33KB, 373x550px) Image search: [Google]
113400img.jpg
33KB, 373x550px
>>59208580
>says the scammer
>>
>>59208565
Gamernexus that is, not Level1Techs.
>>
>>59208589
Being a dumb frogposter explains everything.
>>
I thought GamersNexus gave a decent review. Level1Techs doesn't have a full review up. What are people arguing about over now?
>>
>>59208593

Adults acting like adults>level1

Children pretending to be adults>Steve Burke
>>
>>59208639
Thats the best thing about Level1Techs. You can tell both guys are college educated, and have been gainfully employed all their lives. Down to earth people, not spastic annoying low test numale gamer trash.
>>
>>59207653
Microsoft never releases patches preemptly to support new hardware, so you have to wait weeks for them to get out, then """" test """" it and finally certify it
And then pray that WU will push the update to you, or look for the update yourself
>>
>>59207470
They lack it, but I don't care about it anyways. I'd rather overclock manually.
>>
>>59207128
>shilling for Louis "I can´t stop lying" (((Rossmann)))
>>
File: SHUT IT DOWN1.jpg (89KB, 640x501px) Image search: [Google]
SHUT IT DOWN1.jpg
89KB, 640x501px
>>59208444
>>
>>59208034
>i-it's okay because she will eventually die!
/r/the_donald never fails to show their cuckoldry
>>
>>59207993
We all know Adobe software is a fuckmess of bad and acceptable optimization
>>
>>59208512
You shut the fuck up, this is how I test and it works, not fucking stupid YouTube videos with 99% GPU use. I wished for it to not suck ass in single thread but it does, while costing 100€ more. Your rabbling won't change that, neither a magical bios update.
>>
>>59206209
>assrock
>assus
>gigabutt
gee billy, you tell me
>>
>>59208793
You're literally using muh gpu at 99% when the tests dont use vertical sync. Just stop
>>
>>59208819
>Not liking Asus and gigabyte

What have they ever done to you?
>>
>>59207751
>trump
>retarded
Thanks for participating in Trump 2020 campaign
>>
>>59206670
I think you mean WHILE INTEL HAS BEEN RIGGING THE COMPILERS TO LITERALLY SABOTAGE AMD.
>>
>>59208819
So what brand is left?
>>
>>59208488
These two are the only 'tech reviewers' that actually have a background in CS/IT/electronics/anything even remotely resembling a STEM field
>>
File: Rage of 1000 suns.png (163KB, 423x470px) Image search: [Google]
Rage of 1000 suns.png
163KB, 423x470px
I have never been so mad at a release.
Why are they still throwing gaming into the equation when it's not that even far behind? Don't they see that their single threaded king also shits on the 6900k? It genuinely makes me mad.
>>
>>59208824
Holy shit yes tou're right!! That's why I get 40 FPS min at 800x600 and 40 FPS min at 2560x1440!!! It's because my GPU is full throttle on that, GPUz is mistaken displaying just 40%!! Thank you for showing me the light YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>>
>>59208889
None of those are really bad.
>>
>>59208943
Lol so fucking mad AMD is shit
>>
>>59208197
>lazy programmers suck at multi threading
>it´s AMD fault for some reason.
>>
>>59208900
There's the Phoronix guy too, he's also one of the few people who bother retesting old hardware with the latest firmware and software
But it's *nix centered
>>
>>59208768
>believing the lies of ShariaBlue
>being so retarded to believe that Trump has power to put someone in jail with a executive order
Clinton foundation it´s under investigation lad :^)
>>
>>59208976
Its pretty fantastic how dedicated he is. Actual autism case, but the good kind.
>>
>>59208949
YES I AM. Ido not like having to choose Intel but they're making me do it. Is it that hard to push a good single thread score? God damnit.
>>
>>59208484
Jesus fuck man, how will anyone live with just 135fps? If you ditch half your cores and get a 7700K at 5ghzs you can get 10 more fps!
>>
>>59208976
The phoronix tests are pretty interesting, he basically uses recompiled software targeting each processor and then runs the tests on that hardware, and ryzen did quite well. There were only about 3 tests where it did poorly, however no gaming benches are out yet.

If you are doing a lot of code compiling, ryzen is best in class by a longshot, provided you don't hit the thermal issues mentioned in the GN review (very possible, too, when doing long compiles).
>>
>>59209046
>however no gaming benches are out yet.
My RSS reader says otherwise.
tl;dr it's behind the 7700k. Nothing new. I think I'm buying it, it should be a good upgrade to my sandy vagina.
>>
>>59208992
what? neat! since when? fucking exams, no time to lurk ;_;
>>
>>59208992
Also motherfucking Sessions is in session. If I recall correctly Trump even said he could tackle whichever cases he wants.
>>
Stop with the anti-semetic shit or I'll report you
>>
>>59209074
Yeah looks like they just came out. Definitely slower. A LOT slower. Which is odd since it does so well in both the synthetic and production linux tests. Having to use precompiled binaries I am sure is part of the issue but... these differences are enormous. Just plain odd.
>>
File: 1488501414301.jpg (18KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
1488501414301.jpg
18KB, 245x204px
This fucking website and the PC building community in general are an autistic cancer that needs to be steralized for the good of the human race.
>>
The real question is how does it perform in 640x480 16bit Temple OS. Can it even compete with a Xeon when copying and pasting random numbers? Do these AMD niggers even know what random numbers are?
>>
>>59208557
Yeah it's just a minor application that sold over 15 million copies
>>
>>59208546
No one is samefagging you retard

Watch the video, AMD is doing really fucked up shit
>>
>>59208955
Photoshop programmers are lazy? Battlefield 1 programmers are lazy? Literally every PC game is made by lazy programmers?
>>
>>59209599

Like ASKING reviewers to include 1440p and 4K gaming benchmarks?

>It's a sabotage yall!
>>
>>59208484

Those .1% frame times.

Smoother real world gameplay.
>>
>>59209664
No they said to only benchmark at those resolutions

Do you realize how fucked up that is?

It means it eliminates CPU performance differences altogether

Hmm why would they do that...just think about it for a while and the conclusion becomes obvious
>>
>>59208253
>Not even the most expensive hardware pushes 144 fps @ 1080p

Just put me in a time machine and wake me up in 2020 please.
>>
>>59207236
Even 6950 can't beat 7700k oc single thread.
All current 8 cores CPU draw performance from core count not frequency.
>>
>>59207259
Not everyone. Linus didn't show much of a flaw
>>
>>59207874
>Motherboard disabled the cores

They already found the solution. ADD MORE CORES
>>
File: 1488428278854.jpg (396KB, 512x949px) Image search: [Google]
1488428278854.jpg
396KB, 512x949px
>>59209867
>>
>>59205812
I still have my old FX 8120@ 5.2Ghz it kicks the shit out of my friends 4790k if he spent another $50-100 on a cooler and oced it would be better but he was at max budget already when he got it.
>>
>>59206209
>>59208819
>>59208854
My gigabyte x99 ud5 bios has been total shit it's whole life the most stable bios ver. is 2.5 years old
>>
>>59209941
ebin XDDD
>>
>>59209693
>No they said to only benchmark at those resolutions
Steve said this:
" AMD asked that we consider 4K benchmarks to more heavily load the GPU, thus reducing workload on the CPU and leveling the playing field."

Where did he mentioned ONLY 4k?
>>
>>59207561
There is a growing base of people that use to play at both higher resolutions and higher fps.

With my 1080s SLI + 7700K 5ghz i usually play at +120 fps 1440p, when i changed from my bad 6700 to 7700k i noticed around 10-20% fps increase. When you are trying to max fps all things including memory make things go faster.

I can play witcher 3 1440p without only hair settings around 130-140fps all the time.
>>
AMD HAS NO MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS
>>
File: 1700_vs_7700k.png (441KB, 1670x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1700_vs_7700k.png
441KB, 1670x1250px
>>59205714
>>
>the entire world of nerds held in suspense over whether a new chip performs adequately in video games (a children's toy)
>>
>>59209941
That thing in the middle is a made up chip.
>>
>>59210126
Stop watching gayming oriented youtube channels then
>>
File: 1469966982107.png (42KB, 653x726px) Image search: [Google]
1469966982107.png
42KB, 653x726px
AMD Ryzen R7 1800X Conclusion:

At this point, you might be left feeling disillusioned when considering AMD’s tech demos. Keep in mind that most of the charts leaked and created by AMD revolved around Cinebench, which is not a gaming workload. When there were gaming workloads, AMD inflated their numbers by doing a few things:

In the Sniper Elite demo, AMD frequently looked at the skybox when reloading, and often kept more of the skybox in the frustum than on the side-by-side Intel processor. A skybox has no geometry, which is what loads a CPU with draw calls, and so it’ll inflate the framerate by nature of testing with chaotically conducted methodology. As for the Battlefield 1 benchmarks, AMD also conducted using chaotic methods wherein the AMD CPU would zoom / look at different intervals than the Intel CPU, making it effectively impossible to compare the two head-to-head.

And, most importantly, all of these demos were run at 4K resolution. That creates a GPU bottleneck, meaning we are no longer observing true CPU performance. The analog would be to benchmark all GPUs at 720p, then declare they are equal (by way of tester-created CPU bottlenecks). There’s an argument to be made that low-end performance doesn’t matter if you’re stuck on the GPU, but that’s a bad argument: You don’t buy a worse-performing product for more money, especially when GPU upgrades will eventually out those limitations as bottlenecks external to the CPU vanish.
>>
>>59210351
I never started.
>>
>>59210371
Sure thing kid, sure thing, just stop it.
>>
File: beaten by a girl.jpg (100KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
beaten by a girl.jpg
100KB, 800x568px
>mfw AMD has "alternative facts"
>mfw AMD published fake news
>>
>>59210363
This is really nuts, he's implying that a chip that's worse at low resolution is automatically a worse chip.
Where does that put the 6900/6950 Xeons and Opterons?

So if you got a high res monitor, you're supposed to buy a chip that's watch this, not faster at your native resolution, but faster at 800x600, but extremely slower in any kind of productivity/workstation workload?

What an agenda, or just plain retarded.
>>
>>59208673
>Thats the best thing about Level1Techs. You can tell both guys are college educated, and have been gainfully employed all their lives. Down to earth people, not spastic annoying low test numale gamer trash.
not him but would you mind explaining what characteristics they exhibit which leads you to this conclusion or gives you this impression? I'm genuinely interested
>>
>>59210405
>Where does that put the 6900/6950 Xeons and Opterons?
Why do you people think this is a trump card? The Xeons are explicitly marketed as workstation/server chips, whereas AMD has been hyping Ryzen for muh gaming. Gaming has been the cornerstone of their viral marketing campaign. Yet here you are acting like it doesn't matter now.
>well it's the same when you GPU limit the test
ok, and?

jesus dude
>>
>>59210406
They didn't rush out screaming memes about the launch and posting shitty or fake benchmarks.

They just discussed it, said there is weird stuff with the benchmarks, and that they're going to wait until they stop updating UEFI every day and it seems stable to get decent results.
>>
>>59210437
So what you like is their balanced and reserved approach?
>>
>>59210426
No, answer me, what's the benefit to me from a chip that isn't faster at highres gaming (for me), but does worse at productivity shit because it's a low core count?

At that point I don't even need a 7700k, i can get much cheaper i5 and overclock it, but that's still ass if I want to run anything in need of throughput
>>
>>59210467
>No, answer me, what's the benefit to me from a chip that isn't faster at highres gaming (for me), but does worse at productivity shit because it's a low core count?
None, but you can make that argument for the FX-8350 among other things, too, which I'm certain you're not interested in. And there are better options than the Ryzen for real workstations—don't pretend that you're a professional who actually needs this CPU.
>>
>>59210494
Yeah, because the 8350 is a old platform with a old chipset, that's why I don't want it, and I'd probably get shitty minimum FPS with it too.
>>
>>59210462
Yes. More patience, less clickbait.
>>
>>59210494
>professional
Anon, even regular developers and code monkeys can use those 8 cores, quite well might I add.
>>
>>59210557
>Anon, even regular developers and code monkeys can use those 8 cores, quite well might I add.
The issue is that in real life, you're looking at maybe 10-20% less compile time on an absolutely massive professional project... we're talking seconds here... between the 1800x and the 7700k

and the 7700k is better for everything else incl gaming
>>
>>59210524
>>59210406
The pacing of their videos, their tone, laid back personalities. If they make mistakes, or misspeak when referencing the specs on something they'll issue corrections in their next video. They conduct themselves well, like you would expect of an adult.
With other youtube personalities you can tell they're targeting a younger audience. Simple things like how they handle editing, the jump cuts, the music, flashy title graphics, even audio levels. LinusTechTips specifically mixes his audio to keep the ear piercing highs in. These higher frequencies are better picked up by younger people, and its proven to keep their attention. Annoying faggots like pewdiepie who make all the obnoxious loud sudden noises typically have lots of peaks in their audio as well. Its not a coincidence.

Its a lot of little things that add up, and Level1Techs is clearly presenting themselves in a more modest and professional manner. I'm pretty sure Wendel owns some fairly successful IT company to boot. Thats respectable.
>>
File: 57915.png (31KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
57915.png
31KB, 600x550px
>>59210582
Clearly it's much more than 10-20%, even on old hardware.
>>
>>59210693
>Windows
Blew it, GCC scales really nicely with threads.
>>
File: 51121.png (38KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
51121.png
38KB, 550x450px
>>59210693
>>59210704
It's pretty tough to find compile times for software for core count, not just optimization levels.
>>
>>59210704
It does but the newest MSVC is no slouch either.
>>
>>59210720
>>59210693
>20 minutes

What the fuck could take 20 minutes to compile in a browser, the entire Linux kernel compiles in like a minute.
>>
>>59208992
Trump literally said that he didn't care about her being trialed for her crimes
Nice try though my cuck friend, stay delusional calling everyone a HillShill
>>
>>59210783
All the HTML5 junk is like 15% of the codebase, then you got all the fancy js crap like Promises, a few million SLOC for the clusterfuck that is CSS all held together by a monstrosity called the rendering engine that's more bloated than Bethesda's 3 game engines combined.
and then you got the normal crap like parsers and decoders that don't use all that much.

tl;dr a lot of shit cromium isn't all that much better in compile time, browsers are fucking massive and they're not 80% C drivers like the linux kernel
>>
>>59209398
It definitively does, though it will be being Terry's 12 core beast, bit it would go fine against a 10 core
>>
>GPU in IOMMU group with SATA ports
I don't know if this can get any worse
>>
>>59210825
Beaten by Terry's*
>>
>>59210393
t. Ryzen Pre-Purchaser
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1190x661px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1190x661px
>>59210516
B-b-b-but muh 4k gayming.

Gaming Nexus is right again. Ryzen is an i5 for gayming and an i7 for workstation applications.
>>
>>59210888
How is it getting a higher FPS? Literally what.
It lost so badly in gaming before.
>>
>>59210888
What the fuck is going on there?
What GPU is tested?
>>
>>59210931
Could be better PCI-E communication
>>
>>59210783
Linux kernel minus modules is 1-5 minutes. If you compile a distro kernel, it is more like 20-30 minutes.
>>
>>59210888
>i5 for gayming and an i7 for workstation

There's a lot of different i7's, from 2 cores mobile to 10 cores HEDT.

Which one is it.
>>
>>59210888
What site is this? Did they test any more 4k games?
>>
>>59210998
I think that's from Linus's video
>>
>>59210393
t. gaymin kid that just bought ryzen because a youtuber told him so.
>>
>>59210096
>Every single reviewer shows the opposite of this graph
>Look long and hard through piles of benchmarks proving you wrong
>Find one that proves you right from a literal nobody that everyone hates
>"aha btfo"
>Instead of thinking that the 1% you found is wrong, you think the 99% is wrong
fucking moron, hope the time you took to make this was worth it cause you're only gonna get this one (You)
>>
>>59210931
Because the CPU isn't being stressed anymore, high resolution applications put everything within frames of eachother, even the fucking 8350
>>
>>59211349
It's nice to know I don't have to worry about CPU too much with a 4k monitor.
Honestly everyone should get a 4k monitor so this stupid gayme CPU war finished already.
>>
>>59211349
>Because the CPU isn't being stressed anymore,
Don't post if you don't know what the fuck you're saying.
Increasing resolution does not change the amount of work the CPU is doing, it only proportionally increases the workload the GPU has to handle to produce each frame. The CPU cores are still loaded to the same degree.
>>
>>59211366
True
>>59211406
The CPU is stressed more at higher framerates, you have no idea what you're talking about kid
>>
>>59208444
It still doesn't explain why the Ryzen game streaming demo showed the intel chip being stuttery.
>>
>>59211584
I dunno man, but this quote from the ars review seems pretty damning to me, basically the 7700k does better in streaming even with less cores:

That's particularly true in the OBS/Dota 2 benchmark, where the game was software-encoded at 3500Kbps and streamed to Twitch. AMD made a big fuss about streamers in its pre-launch bluster, where a secondary PC is often used exclusively for video encoding and decoding to increase stream quality and prevent a drop in FPS in the game instead. It's certainly possible to stream and play a game like Dota 2 on a high-end system with a 7700K, but there is a performance penalty for doing so.

While I wasn't able to capture the number of dropped frames from the stream, I was able to capture the FPS numbers from Dota 2. All the eight-core CPUs did well, but the 7700K took a significant hit to performance by as much as 18FPS with OBS active. Ryzen did well, only dropping 3FPS while streaming, but was ultimately slower overall than the Intel systems.
>>
>>59206261
>comparing to the shitty 6900k for games
Go eat a fucking dick
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.