[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst problem with the programming community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Worst problem with the programming community

Too many idiots and failures are involved. Imagine if bridges were designed by ``architects'' whose only real knowledge about the topic comes from Structural Analysis for Dummies and blog posts. Imagine furthermore that the only reason they became architects is that they failed at everything else and architecture was already so overrun with vermin of their ilk that for once they weren't thrown out of a field. This is the state of programming today. The entire field is populated by mental midget teenagers, teenaged or otherwise, with unwarranted self-importance who first horribly break everything and then attempt to sell you their ``replacement'', which does approximately what the old thing did, except not really and kinda worse, while being three times as big.

This is, to me, the biggest problem of all. There are certainly other problems, such as a complete disregard for elegance and simplicity or the increasing subversion of open source projects by faggots who want to abuse them for political and financial gains, but there is no hope of solving these without addressing the bigger problem which provides fertile soil for them.
>>
You're describing webdev, which is only one of many programming disciplines.
>>
I don't think it's fair to put that on the people jumping into "programming" (very general field btw). Corporations are fine outsourcing and paying for bad code as long as it cheap. The government is pushing for everyone to learn to "code" and people call it the future.

All this shitty hype and overzealous investment has caused people to forget it's just applied math.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.