[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1487893938157.png (277KB, 359x431px) Image search: [Google]
1487893938157.png
277KB, 359x431px
I had serious hope for AMD. I legit thought that they would come up top no matter what.
I'm buying a 6800k instead of a 1700x. This is the last time I hype myself for AMD. I shilled it to all my friends and now it turns out it's hot trash. All I wanted to do was run a Arma 3 server.
>>
Same. I fell for the bulldozer meme back in 2012 and now was about to fall for the ryzen meme.

Still running this piece of shit 8150. I'm going to wait and get the new 6 core for x299 and probably a 1080ti, or even wait for volta. Done with AMD.

I remember when I was running gentoo and I would refresh the mesa page waiting every day for them to start supporting the 7970 with open source drivers (catalyst drivers were of course a joke).

Shitty drivers, lies, terrible performance. If you can't beat the jew, join them. I really wanted ryzen to be good. Fuck.
>>
>>59200131
>I'm going to wait and get the new 6 core for x299
I forgot about this, you think they'll have a 6 core priced at 400$?
>>
>>59200131
>>59200032
KYS and leave a letter where you admit your mistakes and promise to never doubt Intel again in your next life.

It's your only option.
>>
>>59200032
But Ryzen's not bad tho
>>
>>59200032
>all I wanted to do was run a arma 3 server

Isn't multicore stuff like that what ryzen is superior in?
>>
Just shorted 1000 shares. I missed the boat last year—time to make some money on the way back down.
>>
>>59200032
>I'm buying a 6800k instead of a 1700x

For what task? Because Ryzen seems wastes the 6800K in productivity tasks, whilst the 7700K wastes it in gaming tasks. You're literally buying the worst of both worlds.
>>
File: 1487701417406.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487701417406.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>59200213
I'm pretty sure Arma 3 still favors "muh clockspeed" over sheer cores.
>>59200162
i admit my mistakes but i won't kys unless ryzen II comes out and btfos intel after i've bought them
>>59200254
I have alot of programs open while I game and multitask, I feel as if the extra 2 cores would be beneficial for me. I know i'm not exactly explaining this well because i'm buttmad and retarded. my 4690k is struggling with chrome open while I play CPU intensive games like Arma 3 while placing 100+ troops and tanks about for my players. I get like 30 FPS in it.
>>
>>59200032
I've seen some reviewers notice that no matter what configuration or game they were testing, Ryzen 7 wouldn't fully utilize the GPU and gave Piledriver levels of performance while only using about 50% CPU at most. Something is definitely fishy, but it's entirely AMD's fault for not dealing with those issues before launch.
Ryzen is fucked, no matter how much they improve drivers and the architecture. AMD overhyped and underdelivered once again.

I mean, come on. How the fuck does an eight-core processor lose to a dual-core i3... from 2014?
>>
>>59200325
It'd make sense for arma 3 as a game to favor ipc

but its dedicated server mode isnt any different?
>>
>>59200475
I don't know, I can't find any information and nobody runs benchmarks with arma 3.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.