[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT-we discuss why it's bad to solder the IHS to the die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: ihs_solder.png (534KB, 786x522px) Image search: [Google]
ihs_solder.png
534KB, 786x522px
ITT-we discuss why it's bad to solder the IHS to the die
>>
AMD does it, good reason why soldering the IHS is shit
>>
>>59190828
well, think firstly of all the shitty TIM salesmen with children to feed.
>>
is there an actual reason or is this just yet another example of everyone here being a retard and OP being an eternal faggot
>>
>>59190828
>be intel
>solder CPUs but don't tell anyone
>people try to delid
>break their CPUs
>they buy a new one and try again
>make infinite money from retards
why hasn't the jew thought about this?
>>
>>59190843
Not an argument
>>
>>59190871
they wouldn't have to delid if it was soldered, unless you're going with exotic cooling solutions
>>
>>59190885
the cpu comes with a fucking fan cooler and an instruction manual on how to install it

you have to be a retard to mess that up
>>
>>59190871
No point in deliding

the 20C lower temps are built in

Intel housefires BTFO'D
T
F
O
'
D
>>
Gives too much performance to dumb go- I mean customers.
>>
File: C3sDdxEUEAAg1Sa.jpg (28KB, 342x375px) Image search: [Google]
C3sDdxEUEAAg1Sa.jpg
28KB, 342x375px
>>59190871
That the reason intel dont solder they cpu, some people do break the cpu during delid
>>
File: Thermal-Test--Load.png (66KB, 650x379px) Image search: [Google]
Thermal-Test--Load.png
66KB, 650x379px
>>59190828
>bad
>>
>>59192166
no reason to delid if the IHS is soldered on though. unless you're a retarded overclocker
>>
>>59190862
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>59190828
>intel poorfags can only afford shitty TIM
hahahahahahaha
>>
File: IMG_20170301_224901.jpg (916KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_224901.jpg
916KB, 2448x2448px
>>59192655
>>intel poorfags can only afford shitty TIM
That projection. You do realize that Xeon E5s are soldered? And if you cant afford Xeon E5s then you are a poorfag.
>>
>>59190828
Because, as a CPU manufacturer, you could charge your customers more for a delidded version of the CPU, just like you charge your customers more for a multiplier-unlocked version.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOZbK3tP7EU
>>
>>59193296
What the fuck is wrong with you, fucking focus Jesus Christ anon
>>
>>59192166
Intel doesn't give a fucking shit if you delid them because it voids the warranty.

In fact, they are encouraging people to delid with Kabylake and its shit thermals. The jews are encouraging people to void their warranty.
>>
>>59193296
Don't people put Xeons in personal PCs because they can't afford an i7?
>>
>>59195353
>Don't people put Xeons in personal PCs because they can't afford an i7?
wut? The Xeon E5-2660v2s in that box cost $1400 each when I got them.
>>
>>59195353
Xeons are higher end you faggot

Xeon are commercial grade,server grade not you shitty mainstream i7 that GPU takes half the dye.
>>
>>59193296
Why buy a shithouse Broadlel Xeon when Naples Opterons are right around the corner?
>>
>>59192207
>6700k hotter than 7700k

Really makes me think.
>>
>>59196084
Because I've had it for a couple years? And because AMD's implementation of VT-d is notoriously shitty. And because Opterons are in general shitty chips.
>>
>>59196177
>because AMD's implementation of VT-d is notoriously shitty
Care to explain why? source? I'm interested in this stuff and was planning on getting Zen+ as a server and need this to work well.
>>
>>59195353
That's just the 1230. It's basically the locked i7 with ht at the i5 price.
>>
>>59192166
They delid BECAUSE it's not soldered.
Also, that pic's from when intel switched to a thinner PCB and they all started bending, it has nothing to do with deliding.
>>
>/g/ really doesn't know about die sizes and the impact of soldering the smaller it is

You guys really are retarded huh. Even Reddit knows more than you fags.
>>
>>59196404
It's just something people say. AMD-v works the same as VT-d.

Just because Opterons were slower since their glory years, people say AMD-v also sucks in turn.

Supposedly VT-d splits IO usage and AMD-V doesn't? That's like the only thing. For home use that doesn't matter at all. It matters when you have 10 people sharing a single core and one person's disk IO chokes everyone else.

Performance is exactly the same. And AMD-V may have fixed allocating IO by now as this is 3 year old information.
>>
>>59196404
One example:
https://www.google.com/search?q=firmware+bug+AMD-Vi%3A+Disabling+interrupt+remapping&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

>>59196482
>It's just something people say.
Except its not.

>It matters when you have 10 people sharing a single core and one person's disk IO chokes everyone else.
That has nothing to do with it, and what things like ESXi's SIOC is for.
>>
>>59196553
>Easy solution to get IOMMU working on mobos with broken BIOSes.
>broken BIOSes
So it's the manufacturers fault, like ASUS always having the shiettiest and broken VT-d implementation.
>>
>>59197001
>>broken BIOSes
Go through the results, it isnt only asus. AMD-Vi is a pile of shit. There is a reason literally no one uses Opterons.
>>
So, from my understanding, soldering is a good thing unless you're planning to delid, in which case it's an obstacle. But soldering also reduces the need for delidding.

Is that correct?
>>
>>59197135
Yes, you delid the IHS because the IHS and the die have air between them. This is because they used shitty paste and a thick layer of glue. When it's soldered the IHS and the die make proper contact and its not needed.
>>
>>59190862
This
>>
>>59197173
This.
>>
>>59190843
cuck
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.