[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw CS is a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 25

File: reallymakesyourburgerflippin.png (77KB, 631x424px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesyourburgerflippin.png
77KB, 631x424px
tfw CS is a meme
>>
epic twitter screencap thread my man
>>
>>59188981
thanks dude
>>
You don't go into CS for programming
>>
is that cunt the reason why linux always puts a junk file on my flash drive?
>>
>>59188997
yeah but whats the point since thats what most CS grads end up doing anyways?
>>
Was Sarah Sharp self-taught? If so, kudos to her for learning enough to accomplish what she has.
With Tiffani Bell, she should probably buy a book an algorithms and study. Algorithms and data structures are incredibly important things to know.
>>
>>59188964
That's the thing, my USB key doesn't work on Linux. :(
>>
File: f37.jpg (19KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
f37.jpg
19KB, 700x479px
>>59189024
gvfsd or what do that because you have trash
>>
That's why exfat doesn't work
>>
>>59189074
>Algorithms
>Important
>>
>>59189065
>yeah but whats the point

learn about the fundamentals of computers in general.

I've met many people in their 30s who write code without knowing jackshit about computers and operating systems in general, they were absolutely baffled when I showed them small things like how to reset a table's autoincrement or how to remove a package from their linux environment or how to modify a five line array sorting function so that every time an element is swapped a certain value gets displayed. some guy had like a $2k notebook and it took like seven minutes to boot, turns out it had a badly written sshd confg file (or mysql I can't remember) and he just dealt with it, waiting seven minutes each time he had to work or connect it to a projector at meetings.

non-stem folks lack insanely simple common sense tech knowledge. like a mediocre carpenter who only knows how to use a specific hammer and a two-by-four.
>>
File: internal_pain.png (271KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
internal_pain.png
271KB, 600x481px
>>59188964
can confirm
t. computer scientist
>>
>>59189517
Which is a good explanation of why software bloat has been increasing exponentially instead of linearly
It's just a bunch of dipshits that don't have any idea what they're doing saying "IT WORKS! GOOD ENOUGH!"
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (204KB, 630x283px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
204KB, 630x283px
>>59189517
>non-stem folks
stem folks too, actually
>>
>>59189024
It always puts a Trash-001 file on mine.
>>
>>59189572
Isn't that the fault of your DE creating a recycling bin?
>>
Wasn't Sarah Sharp the one who quit in a huff after feeling threatened by the casual malespeak on the Linux mailing lists?
>>
>>59188964
CS is not for those who want to code.
CS is for people who want to learn that the Ackermann function is recursive but not primitive recursive, and that the halting problem is undecidable.
And big-O is babby shit you can learn with 10min on wikipedia if you're not completely retarded.
>>
>>59188964
>>CS IS BAD BECAUSE IS NOT SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MAJOR
Please remove yourself from existence
>>
>>59189517
ive met CS majors who fit into that category, going to school for it does not magically make you a computer wizard.
>>
>>59189665
>Big-O is babby shit
Fucking this. I can't fathom how one could even know what it's called without understanding what it is.
>>
>>59189665
How are you enjoying your intro cs theory class?
>>
>>59188964
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>59189790
She is explicitly referring to the kernel you turboautist.
>>
>>59189790
Thanks stallman for remembering us, mere mortals, about this fact that is often forgotten by us.
>>
>>59188964
>Not just getting certs straight out of high school and starting to work.

O I am laffin
>>
>>59188964
>can't explain big-o
How fucking retarded can you be?
>>
>>59189826
It's a copypasta
>>
File: fite_irl.png (202KB, 535x314px) Image search: [Google]
fite_irl.png
202KB, 535x314px
>>59190670
It's what you never had.
>>
might as well just post it here

>do remote web dev after hours and weekends for extra cash
>clients from all over USA
>new client based in CA
>kay let me just make this blog or whatever page they want, where's the text. oh god
>TOXIC COMMUNITIES PROBLEMATIC CULTURE WOMEN WOMEN WOMEN CODING CODE HTML CODE JAVASCRIPT
How do I subtly deface the page
>>
>>59188964
that's weird because her profile on linkedin says she's a CS graduate

> https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahannsharp
>>
Wait I was thinking about going to major in CS to learn how to program/code

Am I making a mistake?
>>
>not taking a compilers class
>not enjoying it

It's like you don't want to be in the top 0.1% of programmers. The ones who solve hard problems disguised as compilation problems and who make the tools and languages the plebs worship and use.
>>
>>59191463
leave comments in hidden away obscure files that people can browse the source from browser and see
>>
>>59191546

Not necessarily.

A degree opens up doors. Especially larger and more traditional companies usually require a degree just because that's what the HR/recruiter person is looking for when screening resumes.

On the other hand you could just be an autodidact programmer. The advantage here is that it's a lot faster and cheaper. Plus it's easier to quit if you discover that you don't like programming.

tl;dr: self-teach if you enjoy programming. Go to school if you just want a job.
>>
>>59191546
Yes, you are. Drop the idea, or if you really want to learn how to program, do Harvard's CS50 online course and making some projects of your own.
If you can't learn things by yourself, drop the idea and pick another major.
>>
>>59189750
>Everytime is hear or read the words "Big O Notation" the anime theme plays in my head and I get distracted
I should probably see a doctor about that shouldn't I?
>>
>>59189024
>>59189572
>>59189598
This is what happens if you use file manager to delete into a "Trash folder" instead of rm to actually remove the inode.
>>
>>59189074
Data structures yes. Algorithms are just nice to know so that you don't start reinventing the wheel.
>>
>>59191614
I love Go. how come people didn't invent that shit before?
>>
>>59192502
>how come people didn't invent that shit before?
is there anything that Go introduces that didn't exist before ?
>>
File: high-five-8-1.jpg (15KB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
high-five-8-1.jpg
15KB, 350x251px
>>59188997
>You don't go into CS for programming

Nah, you do it to pound some mad pussy.
>>
>>59192591
the whole mix of things that existed before, as a single thing: the security features, the compiler doing every check (bugs, etc.) for you, concurrency+channel features, the fact that it compiles to machine code instead of some bytecode, hell, even the formatting stuff.
why didn't people invent Go much earlier...
>>
>>59188964
>her twitter is filled with anti trump pro lgbt pro refugees pro Intel shareholders bullshit
Wtf I hate Linux now
>>
>>59191546
Yes you are making a mistake, Computer Science courses only use a language to convey over concepts. You won't be able to walk into any joint with just a CompSci degree.
>>
>>59188964
>cant explain Big-O
>write a linked list
neither of these are difficult in the slightest
>>
>>59192711
there are 100s of languages that provide the same feature set and more
>>
File: 1488292686548.png (206KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1488292686548.png
206KB, 306x306px
>can't understand big O
It's basic shit jesus christ.
>>
>>59189604
Hey my memory's ok for once
http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/
Why did she chuck a shitfit? Refer to this
https://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=8123533&cid=50664697
>>
>>59192812
Literally no
>>
>>59191463
Just put "Made by (Your name) on contract from the girls who claim they can do all this themselves" in a comment on each page.
>>
>>59193008
Or encode it in hex or something.
Base64 looks nice. Ik1hZGUgYnkgKFlvdXIgbmFtZSkgb24gY29udHJhY3QgZnJvbSB0aGUgZ2lybHMgd2hvIGNsYWltIHRoZXkgY2FuIGRvIGFsbCB0aGlzIHRoZW1zZWx2ZXMi
There.
>>
>>59192931
>http://sarah.thesharps.us/2015/10/05/closing-a-door/

lol those fartman comments.
>>
>tfw no qt3.14 linux kernel developer gf
>>
File: 1485651385266.jpg (27KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1485651385266.jpg
27KB, 640x638px
>>59192931
>Edit 2:Please stop suggesting BSDsor Canonical/Ubuntu as “better” communities.
>>
>>59193250
lost it when i read that
>>
I thought linked lists were shit
>>
I thought the kernel makes heavy use of intrusive linked lists?
>>
File: 1393585507669.png (23KB, 149x183px) Image search: [Google]
1393585507669.png
23KB, 149x183px
>tfw no jobs
>tfw bubble bursting infront of my eyes
>>
>>59191463
Make a phallus out of the whitespace. Use microaggressive and patriarchal coding practices and violate the COC of any git projects you use.
>>
I do feel the same.
I can shit out Spring apps with my eyes closed, but I can't into algorithm design to save my life.
However, that shows how shit I am, not how low the standard should be.
>>
>>59188964
what's the easiest way to into kernelshit?

I already know C and assembly, what's the next step?
>>
Steve Yegge calls these people Turing Unaware Racecar Drivers (TURDs.) They know how to operate the equipment but not how it works.

https://sites.google.com/site/steveyegge2/age-racecar-driver
>>
>>59188964
/r9k/ BTFO!!!!
>>
>>59188964
Subscribed
>>
>>59189065
It's a good thing to learn. You don't need most of the things that you learn in a CS degree 99.9% of the time in your day job, but when you do it matters. It's about having breadth. Who knows when cache locality or race conditions or Huffman encoding or backtracking search might come handy. It's wisdom.
>>
>>59188964
>linked lists
>literally just a data field adjacent to a pointer to the next data field
>hard or complicated in anyway
What the actual fuck?
>>
If youre under the age of 35 programming/web dev/comp sci are horrible career paths. Youll be replaced by a robot within 15 years
>>
File: wat.jpg (116KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
116KB, 500x491px
>>59189790
>>59189826
>>
>>59189826
>this fucking new
>>
>>59188964
>when you're surrounded by men who know what they're doing to make your code work but you claim all of it is yours

>>59192931
what a fucking cunt. there are hundreds more like this and maybe 10% of the devs actually know what they're doing. if it weren't for linus and a couple second in commands slapping people around this whole project would have collapsed
>>
>>59188964
Because you should be proud of not knowing how to explain big-O.
>>
>>59191533
Most students don't remember anything after the summer. Do you really expect them to remember anything after graduation?
>>
>>59192332

except you remember maybe 10 algorithms and end up having to google/reinvent the wheels anyway
>>
>>59189665
>And big-O is babby shit you can learn with 10min on wikipedia

everybody who says this thinks he knows what big-O is but really doesn't
>>
>>59193883
My message to you- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU8oWHKyZHs
>>
>>59189750
To be fair I could not recite the actual definitions or key bits from memory right now if you asked me. I could memorize them for an interview though.

I mean the really important thing about Big O is thinking about how your function or loop will preform as its input size grows, which is more important to have that efficient and cleaned up before you worry about little language and system tricks to be more efficient.
>>
>>59188964
>my kernel code

does someone have the commits?
>>
>>59193650
Thanks for the link, that was a good read.
>2005
I gotta say, in the time since then I can only imagine it's gotten worse
The entire web development world is TURD city
>>
>>59195409
this
>>
>>59193883
good thing I'm moving to sys admins :^)
>>
Aren't linked lists fucking easy? It's basically just a structure with the previous list item, the next list item and the useful info stored in the list?
>>
>Look at me I'm a gurl programmer
How come these cunts never just submit code anonymously. It's all about the attention seeking.
>>
>>59195745
Easy to make, easy to fuck up
http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/tough-times-on-the-road-to-starcraft

>Given all the issues working against the team, you might think it was hard to identify a single large source of bugs, but based on my experiences the biggest problems in StarCraft related to the use of doubly-linked linked lists.
>Linked lists were used extensively in the engine to track units with shared behavior. With twice the number of units of its predecessor — StarCraft had a maximum of 1600, up from 800 in Warcraft 2 — it became essential to optimize the search for units of specific types by keeping them linked together in lists.
>Recalling from distant memory, there were lists for each player’s units and buildings, lists for each player’s “power-generating” buildings, a list for each Carrier’s fighter drones, and many many others.
>All of these lists were doubly-linked to make it possible to add and remove elements from the list in constant time — O(1) — without the necessity to traverse the list looking for the element to remove — O(N).
>Unfortunately, each list was “hand-maintained” — there were no shared functions to link and unlink elements from these lists; programmers just manually inlined the link and unlink behavior anywhere it was required. And hand-rolled code is far more error-prone than simply using a routine that’s already been debugged.
>Some of the link fields were shared among several lists, so it was necessary to know exactly which list an object was linked into in order to safely unlink. And some link fields were even stored in C unions with other data types to keep memory utilization to a minimum.
>So the game would blow up all the time. All the time.

Hope you enjoy the article, and hope you're having a great day. Ciao
>>
>>59188964
No wonder Linux's support for something as basic as USB devices is so dodgy. Suddenly it all makes sense.
>>
>>59196190
I guess your kernel code is so much better
>>
>>59188964
What a priviledged white faggot. People in 3rd world countries have to get a CS degree for call center jobs and here's this twat shoving to everyone how priviledged she is.
>>
>>59196213
She did it for free, though.
>>
>>59196307
Free as in beer or Free as in speech? Hmmmmmm???
>>
>>59189565
What anime is this?
>>
programming is grunt work for code monkeys news at 101

get a math major
>>
>>59188964
>Can't link list
>Can't big O

I don't really don't trust her
>>
File: programming socks.png (338KB, 1140x813px) Image search: [Google]
programming socks.png
338KB, 1140x813px
Programming socks are 10x more helpful than theoretical computer science classes.
>>
>>59196167
>easy to fuck up
You mean it's easy to fuck up when you do it wrong. Your quote points out that the devs used ad-hoc shit to haxor each linked list without any proper system in place..

Another point mentioned are the "hacks" they had to implement to work with memory constraints.

So basically "Easy to make, easy to fuck up" is not true at all if you actually do (can do) shit properly which isn't hard for linked lists, especially on modern systems where memory constraints are hardly the main concerns. There are also numerous tools nowadays (you can write them too) to help you.

Functional paradigms can also help in a more general way and with certain constraints imposed you can do pretty good optimizations. Think about DSLs, notations for the compiler, automatic compile time checks, etc.
There are SE methods in use today to help you with this.

TL;DR
Don't confuse implementation with the concept. Your quote says nothing about linked lists, it simply points out how Starcraft devs failed.
>[Insert typical meme about reading comprehension here.]
>>
>>59188997
This.

The two are related, but in the same way a project manager and a member of the project are. The manager might do practical work and guide the member, but the member does the "legwork".
>>
There are many kernel developers without degrees.
>>
>>59193565
Your target architecture's developers manual
>>
File: 1457699866128-2.png (116KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
1457699866128-2.png
116KB, 500x209px
>>59197020
wtf
>>
>i camt write a linked list
That's actually just a little embarrassing more than anything

I mean yeah cs is overrated but, a linked list? Really?
>>
>>59196190
Maybe she did some intel chipset driver.
>>
>>59189517
Basically none of that is CS
>>
>>59192591
As far as I know nothing had go's interfaces before.
>>
>>59188964
Does it though? Does it really?
>>
>>59189565
well stem folks are too busy USING their computer to modify it. you have to think in terms of time used learning the better way vs time wasted with the worse way and in most cases the latter wins.
>>
>>59188964
are you just now learning that?
>>
>>59194117
The number of "computer scientists" who think that prime number detection is O(sqrt(v)) says all you need to know about this.
>>
>>59188964
>you don't need knowledge to work and being accepted in communities
the tweet.
Developer is literally the lower echelon in computer world.
A random grill put some working code together, commit and got har changes accepted. Nothing to feel special about.
CS is ONLY for people willing to use their brains and want knowledge, if all you want is a job, stop right now and do something more useful.
>>
Doesn't make her any less retarded. It's easy to read documentation and figure out how to access the PIO ports. Algorithms rely on your actual intelligence and your capacity to understand things.
>>
>>59195409
No, she's not faking, Sarah Sharp implemented USB 3.0 support for Linux.
>>
>>59188964

And yet every lazy, useless tumblr bitch will still cry muh patriarchy keeping women out of tech.
>>
File: smug_puffy.png (203KB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
smug_puffy.png
203KB, 800x689px
LMAO I'm so glad I don't use Linux anymore.
>>
>>59192905
Now you know why Linux is shit.
>>
>>59188964
>I don't know linear algebra, but I can solve linear systems haha!
Yeah sure, you're just gonna solve them the hard way and will be unable to solve large ones.

Proper technique makes a huge difference and now I see why USB 3.0 support on Linux has always been shit.
>>
>>59196785
this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3xBxmEAxM
>>59198899
That's not untrue.
>>
>>59199525
lol enjoy ur botnet wifi
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-announce&m=148839684520133
>>
>>59188964
>women brag about being ignorant/incompetent

I want off this ride
>>
>>59199006
Well the fastest known primality tests are O(sqrt(x)) since O(log6+ε(n)) is a subset of O(sqrt(x)). To describe a problem with Big-O notation in the sense you do, does not make sense though.
>>
>>59188964
Y'all niggas really forgetting that Sarah Sharp was the one that Linus btfo when she tried to implement a Code of Conduct in the Linux kernel group and then she had a meltdown after he told her to leave them alone?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/07/linus-torvalds-defends-his-right-to-shame-linux-kernel-developers/
>>
>>59188964
what did she actually fucking write
with a quote like that she coul have written only one or two lines, or simply had her name on a shitty commit somewhere
>>
Algorithms is a meme anyway.
CS is only good if you're learning hardcore computer shit, low level programming (OS and compilers), architecture design, and machine learning come to mind.
>>
>>59199980
If this happened in $CURRENT_YEAR they'd call it "Kernelgate"
>>
>>59199980
Linus is truly /our guy/
Petition to remove the fat commie from the sticky when?
>>
File: wow-its-fucking-nothing.jpg (27KB, 290x350px) Image search: [Google]
wow-its-fucking-nothing.jpg
27KB, 290x350px
>>59199877
>The problem has been fixed in -current
>>
>>59199877
I can post old Linux vulnerabilities too:
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-33/product_id-47/cvssscoremin-7/cvssscoremax-7.99/Linux-Linux-Kernel.html
>>
>>59196118
They do you just don't hear about it because it's anonymous...
>>
>>59200069
>openbsd
>mitigation

Ebin.
>>
>>59200021
Watergate was in fucking 1970 and we've been using -gate ever since.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_%22-gate%22_suffix
>>
>>59194117
>>59199006
Knowing the definition of big-O is not the same as being able to analyze algorithms, but that's not what's being referenced in that tweet.
>>
>>59189665
You mean big o, right?
>>
File: image_0.gif (469KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.gif
469KB, 639x360px
Does gee have any good recommendations for books that they use in university level CS?

I've wanted to learn what they do on the course but don't actually want to do the 4 year course.
>>
>>59203609
These are theory focused ones I used. Last three are math but they're good and related. There's one I like but I can't remember title, I'll post it later if thread's still up.
Introduction to Theory of Computation - Sipser
Computers and Intractability - Garey & Johnson
Approximation Algorithms - Vazirani
CLRS
Algorithms - Dasgupta, Papadimitriou, Vazirani
Probability and Computing - Mitzenmacher and Upfal
Computational Complexity - Arora Barak
An Introduction to Kolmogorov Complexity and Its Applications
The Probabilistic Method - Alon, Spencer
Generatingfunctionology - Wilf
Combinatorics: Topics Techniques Algorithms - Cameron
>>
File: ColoringforFreedom.png (45KB, 556x374px) Image search: [Google]
ColoringforFreedom.png
45KB, 556x374px
>>59188964
>>59188981
>>59192726
When is /g/ going to make a coloring book for freedom with donated money? You guys like freedom, right?
>>
>>59196307
AFAIK she was hired by Intel to implement the USB spec for Linux, but I'm most likely misremembering the history of her beef with the mailing list debacle.
>>
File: SZPjHwz.jpg (271KB, 1560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
SZPjHwz.jpg
271KB, 1560x2048px
>>59194061
>>
>>59203986

More than half of this stuff is grad-level shit most undergrad CS students will never touch.
>>
>>59204886
They're all accessible to undergrad student, Kolmogorov being the least accessible imo.
>>
File: the-big-o.jpg (291KB, 983x1445px) Image search: [Google]
the-big-o.jpg
291KB, 983x1445px
>>59191724
IT'S SHOWTIME
>>
File: NICE.jpg (24KB, 335x430px) Image search: [Google]
NICE.jpg
24KB, 335x430px
>>59205292
thanks mayne, I'll check them out
>>
>>59188964
>can't explain big-o
>can't write something as simple as a linked list

That's like bragging about not knowing 1+1. What kind of retard does this?
>>
>>59205553
To be fair, Big-O was meant to have a third season but it got cut short, so a lot of the backstory got lost.
>>
>I'm literally retarded and I can't put a sentence together
>I'm the current president of the United States
>>
>>59205472
Like I said that's fairly focused list algorithms/complexity type stuff, that's just how my undergrad was but you'll probably want to look at books on other stuff as well.
CLRS, Sipser, and Dasgupta would be the ones to start with, you can skip over to Garey Johnson for NP-completeness. Cameron is like half undergad level and half grad and is a good combo book.
Dasgupta has a free pdf online.
>>
File: 1479613552235.jpg (40KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479613552235.jpg
40KB, 720x720px
Is there a good compilers course available on Coursera/Udacity/EdX/whatever site like this?

I'm a CS student in my final semester. My school offered Compilers as a senior elective option and I sort of regret having not signed up for it.
>>
>>59188964
>tfw studying business-IT, because i wasn't admitted into CS
>tfw it turned out to be pretty good so far and there is some pretty good job opportunity for it in my country, so i don't have to code monkey entirely
>>
>>59193883
If a robot can program it can make more robots and bam, singularity
>>
>>59205894
>I'm a CS student in my final semester
I how you have at least two (2) paid internships under your belt lol
>>
>>59204183
Don't worry, I'll do the logo.
>>
>>59206015
*hope
>>
>>59206015
I only had 1
already preparing for the inevitable NEET lyfe when no company wants me desu
>>
>>59206072
I hope you have made some successful contributions to major open source projects lol

Otherwise
Your resume --> the trash
>>
>>59205894
>elective

What a meme course
>>
>>59188964
I don't understand current phrasing of language and the way such a generation remarks as if something is left out. Continual inside references are irritating.
>>
>>59188964
>be CS major
>still don't know anything about LLL or SVP lattice problems
I'll get there someday
>>
File: 1485642642289.jpg (9KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1485642642289.jpg
9KB, 250x243px
>>59206015
>>59206093
>1 shitty internship 2 years ago
>no github or portfolio to speak of
>get six figures starting
You memers also scared me.
>>
>>59206237
*almost
>>
File: 1392919777797.gif (3MB, 242x300px) Image search: [Google]
1392919777797.gif
3MB, 242x300px
>>59195409
Have a load of this, you retard :

https://github.com/sarahsharp/xhci

She's the one who used to maintain XHCI drivers on Linux.

What about your accomplishment anon ?

I don't think you are all that relevant eh ?

It's ok, your mommy is proud of you anyway. ;^)
>>
>>59206364
those aren't from scratch
anyone could have written those, they are based on public specifications
it's no surprise that you consider this to be some sort of grand feat, you're a moron
>>
>>59206364
you mean the drivers that caused my systems to die on sleep?
>>
>>59195745

That's a doubly linked list. A plain linked list just needs to know the next item. It's trivially easy.
>>
>>59188964
CS is no meme, women are a meme.
>>
>>59188964
Hey did you know that Sarah Sharp is a jew?
>>
>>59207297

Doubly-linked lists are still trivially easy, though. The only addition is simply a pointer in each node to go in the reverse direction and that you can also start searching from the end of the list.
>>
>>59206450
>anyone could have written those,
Oh yeah, surely you could do it...
>>
>>59203609
>>59203986
The book I couldn't remember is
Program derivation: the development of programs from specifications by Dromey.
>>
File: xkcd_forgot_algebra.png (22KB, 222x395px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd_forgot_algebra.png
22KB, 222x395px
>>59205553
It's like people who brag about how they've never had to use math since high school.
>>
File: 1417888811899.jpg (3MB, 2071x2892px) Image search: [Google]
1417888811899.jpg
3MB, 2071x2892px
>>59188964
>Can't explain Big-O
Fucking retard, it's pretty obvious that Angel was some sort of God who kept resetting Paradigm to make Roger Smith fall in love with her, and when he fell for Dorothy instead she gave up and accepted that it would never happen.

Still one of the greatest anime ever

But seriously
>can't explain Big O notation
>can't program a linked list
neither of these things are hard to understand
>>
>>59188964
Why would anyone take pride in being ignorant? Because the implication is she has never studied algorithms. A programmer bragging in public about never having studied algorithms is a fool. An embarrassment, actually.

>I made this thing but I'm actually a retard lolololol so random.

>>59191367
No, it's a bad use of copypasta.
>>
>>59204769
Asshat, you made me spit out my water and now I have to retrieve my sides from outer space.
>>
>>59194061
If you at least know they exist though, you know what to google.

If, say, I had to search a string (without standard library functions), I don't know how to implement the KMP string search algorithm off the top of my head, but I can google it. And I have some idea of how it works, so I can modify it a bit if I need to.
>>
>>59188964

So the purpose of this 'movement' is to normalize mediocrity?

Also, this person is still attention whoring for relevancy? I thought she raged quit kernel dev cause the grown-ups wouldn't acknowledge her snowflake abilities.
>>
>>59198645
Scala had structural interfaces first.
>>
I mean isn't this the point of abstraction and encapsulation? Barely anyone knows assembly any more and there's a lot of employment in web dev.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.