[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After using my current PC for the past 7 years I started to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: dodslike-13216.jpg (69KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dodslike-13216.jpg
69KB, 800x800px
After using my current PC for the past 7 years I started to consider building a new budget PC.
Basically I got a couple of questions /g/!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qXwYhq
Is GTX 1050 a better choice if it costs 140€ compered to the RX 460 which costs 130€?
Is 80 Plus Bronze 350W enough for this system?
Pic related its the case Im considering.
>>
Rx 460 and the 1050 are garbage for the price. Get an rx 470. And the 350 is enough but you should really atleast get a 430watt.
>>
What about psu?
>>
File: 980x.jpg (28KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
28KB, 420x420px
>>59189067
470 is almost double the price compered to 460 in my country i changed the PSU to 80 Plus Bronze 450W.
>>59189100
LC Power Super Silent LC6450 V2.2 450W
>>
If you NEED to pick between the 460 and 1050, pick the 1050 since it performs much better in general. If you have the budget get the RX 470 if the price is decent in your country.

For a PSU I'd recommend the EVGA 430W, great performance/price and it's more than enough watts for that rig.
>>
>>59189322
I checked some benchmarks the 1050 is better in DX11 they are about the same in DX12 with 460 but in couple scenarios 460 wins.

I know the LC Power is like the shitiest computer brand but Im on a budget.
>>
From what I've seen the 1050 just excels at it's price range when compared to the RX 460. But hey in the end it's your money.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Saved you some bucks here. It's the same watt usage and your gpu has a slightly higher boost clock. Get a B250 instead of the H110M motherboard. Chance is quite high that you need to update your bios using an older cpu. I've put in 2x4 instead of 1x8 gb of ram since dual channel dims are much faster.
>>
>>59190110
You need to copy permalink not the actual link if you want others to see the list.
>>
>>59189447
Get the RX460, AMD chips age better
>>
if you have the money then i really think that at least 4gb of vram (1050ti or rx 460) and a semi modular psu are necessities for a decent build

but if thats really pushing it then get a 1050 and any cheap psu from a reputable brand
>>
File: photo.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>59190336
4gb of vram is out of the budget and modular PSU is a waste of money in my opinion. Keep in mind that Im not a "gamer" i mostly use my PC for basic tasks but i feel like its time to replace my core2duo @2.80ghz with 4gb ddr2 RAM.

Anyways after you update the BIOS are B150 and B250 motherboards basically the same?
Is this motherboard a good deal for 74€?
http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B150M-D2V-rev-10#ov

Also i guess Im take Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 "OC".
>>
Lmao I'm a retard.

Anyways, the proper link

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wv3RRG

The B250 just has a bit more features but it's still a basic motherboard. If you can update your bios with an older cpu and get the cheaper board do it. Saving those extra 20-25 dollars means you can get the 1050 TI. If you can't get the B250 on the pcpartpicker list, which is a few bucks cheaper than the one you posted.
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>59190792
Getting 4x2 RAM sticks means I wont be able to add another 8gb stick in the future.
1050TI sounds tempting...
Also Im from Europe so Im not actually ordering from pcpartpicker which means prices are not the same.
>>
>>59191041
Why is your original link in US $ then? anon blease.

- Which Country
- What's your budget
- What do you plan to do with your rig
- How long do you want it to last before making any upgrades
>>
>>59188941
There's a general for this you autistic retard.
>>>/g/pcbg/
>>
>>59191603
If I woude link the site that Im buying the parts from you woude all be confused since English isnt my native language.

My budget is around 500€ but I wanna save as much as I can (dont wanna buy cheaper components with terrible price/performance ratio).

I use my PC pretty casually. I mostly just browse the web I do some video/picture editing rendering time isnt really that impotent to me I like to mess around in audacity I also program in Java, C#, Pascal, PHP, HTML, CSS but this dose not present any system requirements at all. I woude like to play some games but its not a priority.

I feel like i need to sacrifice future proofing to get something decent on this budget.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.