[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wat up /g/? i am a semi-beginner programmer who was originally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: lp5e-large.jpg (63KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
lp5e-large.jpg
63KB, 500x656px
wat up /g/?

i am a semi-beginner programmer who was originally studying social sciences, but then made one of those radical decisions and decided to switch to programming instead. currently trying to finish my bachelor's degree even though i give 0 fucks about it, but it is still better than being a simpleton with just a high school diploma.

i initially started programming with hlsl a couple of years ago, i know it's fucking weird just don't ask. also took some java courses in school (they were mostly using acm library, didn't really java but still) these days i am trying to learn python from different sources. i started with coursera but it was not enough. i personally don't like being a pseudo-programmer by reading 200 pages long dumbed-down programmer books and stackoverflowing every single fucking thing. so i made some research and discovered mark lutz's python books. the guy is a little bit retarded but his writing is really comprehensive which is the way i like it. currently i am reading learning python 5th edition and i am halfway through.

so i have some questions to masters of /g/:
0. which theoretical subjects would be really beneficial for the learning process along the way?
1. is there any comprehensive resources you know of for python? i really want to learn the language, its backbone, what makes it tick etc. basically i want to python for real, i want to come near the dangerous borders of autism of python without transcending beyond them.
2. my current plan for my future arsenal is this:
implementation level-wise,
mid-to-high: python, some html and js for web stuff
mid-to-low: c++, r
which ones would you add/modify if you were aiming to be a backend developer? especially have no fucking clue about sql and web development.

shoot.
>>
>>59188180
>its backbone, what makes it tick etc. basically i want to python for real, i want to come near the dangerous borders of autism of python without transcending beyond them.

You're gonna want to look up python idioms. There are lots of books, videos and online articles about them. Basically stuff like you should x instead of y because it will save memory. That kinda stuff. Python is so abstract that it's difficult to get very deep but you can definitely learn about good habits vs "don't ever do this even though it's allowed"

>Effective Python: 59 Specific Ways to Write Better Python

is a pretty good book
>>
File: gaucho.png (88KB, 890x670px) Image search: [Google]
gaucho.png
88KB, 890x670px
>>59188180
>originally studying social sciences, but then made one of those radical decisions and decided to switch to programming
>>
>>59188180
That book isn't suited to be read from cover to cover. Reading it that way is a surefire way to end up in a padded room or end up kysing yourself.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.