[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dependency bloat stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 4918770424_63beeb742d_z.jpg (121KB, 500x589px) Image search: [Google]
4918770424_63beeb742d_z.jpg
121KB, 500x589px
>want an evernote close because behind nazi firewall
>try out one based on rails
>install dependences
>340mb, 100k files
>need toolkit to compile native mumbo jumbos
>get the right toolkit from ruby
>continue the build
>fails to native compile shit even though it managed to compile some of it
>"screw it"
>let's try these ones made on node.js
>npm install
>240mb, 60k files
>"are you fucking real"
>one page app, looks ugly
>left column with groups is bugged and you lose the subgroup if you append the parent into another group
>overengineered code for so little features
>delete
>windows complains about too long paths and can't remove everything without handholding
>make it stop
>try the other one
>same shit, but at least it only takes 40mb
>literally just shows notes in a bar and a textarea on the right
>doesn't even have persistence

What the fuck is wrong with these people ?

How can you need 140 dependences for a fucking note taking app ?!
How on earth can they bloat to one hundred fucking thousand files ?
What the fuck is wrong with these shitty dependency managers, how is that possible that they download the whole fucking repository.

What the fuck is this babel hard-on that these turbo-hipster developers have these days.
Just to use the fucking ES6 import export they have to retardify everything with useless transpilers and shit, when node already supports most of the specs ?!?

Why these module developers can't get their shit together and do things properly, it's almost like they think that bringing a hundreds of files for a single module is a reasonable idea. And importing modules that import seven hundreds more modules is for some reason acceptable.

And most of all, how on earth can you need all 50mb of shit to make such a basic shitty barebone app that can be done manually with maximum 2-3 minified libraries and a few lines of HTML and javascript ?

Share your stories.
>>
To run notepad you need the system32 folder and that's 4.2GB. A program requires its runtime, the difference is that you actually have to download it with js/Ruby.
>>
>>59187095
You don't need the whole system32 folder to run notepad.
Windows is what needs it, I did not install 400 megs of stuff to open notepad.
Not even for notepad++.
>>
>want to make a Laravel project
>thousands of files
>but anon, space costs nothing :^)
>deploy time
>mfw I gotta upload all those files with ftp
R I P
I
P
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.