[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be feasable for microsoft to introduce a new update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1434661036715.png (52KB, 143x150px) Image search: [Google]
1434661036715.png
52KB, 143x150px
Would it be feasable for microsoft to introduce a new update that locks out all third party apps from being used on windows, including anything made by Valve, or CDprojekt, or even Origin? The new Cloud update being teased for windows is definitely something I worry about in this respect. Even if every single corporation got into a ten billion lawsuit pileup to stop MS, they'd probably just eat the fees and continue on about their day. After all, they have enough profit margins and income brackets to support a large country.
>>
>>59185143
It would be dumb as fuck (look at how windows rt flopped) but it's possible
>>
>>59185143
Osx has had the same feature for years. If you cant override it then the owner of your computer deemed you too stupid to be admin.
>>
Feasible? Not in the slightest.

Even with macOS's app store you can install 3rd party software from outside the confines. Microsoft has already tried making the Windows App Store a thing and failed to gain traction, forcing all 3rd party software through that portal would result in backlash far larger than $10billion.

There's nothing that says they couldn't try, but odds are good that they won't, since it would be PR suicide.
>>
>>59185255
>Implying Microsoft is smart enough to avoid PR suicide
>>
>>59185568

They saw what happened to the Xbox brand after the 2013 launch of "fuck you we're doing things our way". They know that trying to force out 3rd parties (or funnel them into a proprietary store) simply won't end well for them.
>>
>>59185656
They're cynical enough that if the data mining money from grannies outweighs the money they get from powerusers they would do it in a heartbeat

>Windows 10 Home can only install Genuine Windows™ Apps from the Microsoft Store™
>Windows 10 Pro allows certain partners to install software
>Enterprise and above are allowed to install software freely
I dare you to say they aren't that stupid / evil.
>>
>>59185143
People will be able to install everything they want by default

don't fall for the linux shills telling you otherwise, the only version that won't allow it is the Windows 10 Cloud, which is made for super shitty hardware
>>
File: win10.png (2MB, 1219x4213px) Image search: [Google]
win10.png
2MB, 1219x4213px
>>59185143
Yes
>>
>>59187028
>linux shills
No such thing exists.
>which is made for super shitty hardware
Citation needed.
>>59185143
Looks like you've received my email?
>>
File: 1453264821344.png (194KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1453264821344.png
194KB, 600x612px
If they did Linux would finally be crowned the king.
>>
>>59185695
yet

you don´t go full retard in a single step
it takes some time and it gets slowly worse
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.