[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's The Point Of These Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: whathappeng.jpg (98KB, 762x632px) Image search: [Google]
whathappeng.jpg
98KB, 762x632px
Bitcoin mining is shit now, there's no point now to use these small miners.
Unless you like yielding 2 dollars a year.
What do you think /g/, what I should do with them?
Also, what is your viewpoint on bitcoin mining then and now?
>>
>>59182940
Sell them on ebay for $20 a piece. Or OR you can unscrew the heatsink and use it a keychain or something. I'm planning on electro-chemically engraving my wallet seed on the back of mine (using toner transfer paper to make a stencil, submerging it in salt water and running a cell phone charger current though it). Or just save them in case they keep getting rarer and more expensive for newbs and collectors to buy.
>>
>>59182940

Can they mine other types of cryptocurrency?

Might be worth switching to something that is still economical to mine?
>>
>>59183045
Altcoins are all pretty shit. Only worthwhile if you're interested in the concept over the return.
>>
>>59183022
Nice anon, definitely like that last idea, they don't take up space so that would be fine.
>>
i still mine but i dont turn a profit

its a tricky game now you need lots of money to get in, the fastest cutting edge hardware doesnt stay the fastest or viable for very long

the trick is you need to get the mining done as fast as you can, the largest volume possible in the shortest time span

slow long term generating of coins isnt a viable strategy now

the more hardware the better then once its obsolete youre stuck with a bunch of bunk electronics

the price of buttcoin plays a huge role as well as cost of electricity
>>
>>59183721
So if I were to get an s9 antminer. You don't think it would return me a decent profit for more than 12 months? Just curious because I have been thinking of getting 2 of those.
>>
>>59183721
>>59183995
I don't pay for electricity at my apartment btw.
>>
>>59183995

theres a lot to factor in dude i dont know to how to be correct and calculate it all i lack the math abilities lol

theres a lot of variables so to be safe and make a correct prediction if the miner will profit or not
can be tricky especially if you arent going large scale

you gotta factor in the hash rate, the pool youre in, mining difficulty changing over time, the cost of your hydro/electricity during peak and off peak hours, if the miner stays connected 24/7 or not, the fluctuating price of bitcoin itself, the cost of all hardware involved and if you get a true ROI or just break even and have electronics sitting around your house
>>
>>59184011

you just might start paying for it if youre running a miner lol

it puts a noticeable dent in the electricity bill and kWh usage

and if the landlord is like 'damn this is getting expensive whats going on' they can switch things around and make you pay
>>
>>59184087
>>59184118
Hah yea that's true. They probably wouldn't be happy with the sudden increase in kWh usage. Thanks for your input. I may just stick with investing instead. I just liked the idea of consistency in mining.
>>
>>59184201

buying and flipping isnt a bad option either

like straight up if you got the cash to dump into those miners you might as well dump it into the coins itself and flip them if you are trying to earn money from it

theyre expensive now but waiting for a lower price to buy in at is the entire gamble

mining is fun and cool but theres a lot of shit involved with it and the idea of making money can turn into not making profit and just bleeding out through electricity costs pretty fast. you need to check up on it, a power outage/loss of internet connection ruin it too
>>
File: 1487293873284.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487293873284.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>59183091

I guess the only point of mining altcoins would be as a bet on their value raising exponentially like in bitcoin.

>mfw when /g/ used to get like 50 btc per 30 min of mining
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.