[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a mouse with a precision button? a button that when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1488070943316.jpg (85KB, 1500x860px) Image search: [Google]
1488070943316.jpg
85KB, 1500x860px
is there a mouse with a precision button?
a button that when pressed reduces the speed of the cursor and when you stop pressing it the speed goes normal again?
>>
>>59180856
the one in your pic is a good example.
>>
>>59180856

It's called mouse acceleration and works on any mouse.
>>
>>59180856
My Corsair M65 has one. It's marketed as a "sniper button". You know, for gaymers.
>>
>>59180907

How do gaymers justify this kind of cheating when multiplaying?
>>
I have a rival 100 and have the center button mapped to change DPI.
so that works.
>>
>>59181011
>you moved the mouse! that is cheating!
>>
>>59180881
welp
>>
>>59181011
Playing with different dpi settings isn't useful since it kills your muscle memory. Nobody cares.
>>
>>59181073

>Using a trip code . . .
>>
>>59181073
Frankly, I consider Logitech's "Hyperscroll" as some kind of cheating. It is where you can unlock the scroll wheel so that it will spin freely instead of stopping after 1 "click".
And each is considered as a button press. So you can press a button like 10+ times per second for a prolonged period of time. Unfortunately there is nothing you can really say against it. Since it's technically not a cheat.
>>
>>59181210
genuinely curious, where would free scrolling wheel be useful?
>>
>>59181469

Webbrowsing without clicks is super comfy. In fact I remove the spring from every mouse that hasn't got this feature.
>>
>>59181469
+bind scrollup "fire"
+bind scrolldown "jump"
>>
>>59181469
You could blame it on the engine. But in Counter-Strike (1.6; and probably other GoldSrc games) you can bind mouse wheel (up and down separately) to e.g. +jump or +duck.
The former lets you bunny-hop easier. Not usually an issue because you can easily do it with a normal scroll wheel since between the jumps you have enough time to reset your finger. Can become very hard for normal players when there is a low ceiling so you have very short air-time. That is where you gain an advantage.
But the latter is worse. When you hit the duck key shortly, you will not duck down, but still stand up which leads you to jump just a bit. And repeatedly doing that let's you basically hover above the ground. And then your speed won't be limited. So you can get really fast.

You also can't tell anymore if someone is just good at it (you can practice a lot and do it normally), uses hyperscroll, or uses a script that does all the work for you.
>>
>>59180893
Get out
>>
The g402 and g502 both do this.
>>
>>59183667
I went for g403 instead, was it a bad choice?
Aside from the lack of buttons I don't use anyways, I think this mouse is seriously good.
>>
>>59180856

saitek rat 5 have this.
>>
>>59180856
Yes, the corsair m65 does it. The sniper button changes to whatever dpi you set it to. I beleive the default is 100. I didnt like the mouse and took it hack but it may be what you want
>>
File: top.jpg (50KB, 620x471px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
50KB, 620x471px
The R.A.T. mice have this (and they are actually very good mice and not overpriced at all). In fact their new models with the good sensors are some of the best mice available right now.
>>
>>59184583
did they fix their sensor issues? I used to have one, but it kept breaking.
Wonderful mouse. Ugly as fuck, but goddamn it was so comfortable.
>>
>>59184390
Never used that one so I can't comment.
>>
>>59184661
they have new models out with perfect sensors. at least some of them
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what are some good bluetooth mice out right now?

I know that they aren't optimal for gaming, but I hope to get one that can switch which computer it's hooked up to by the click of a button.
>>
File: mxmasta.jpg (278KB, 1361x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mxmasta.jpg
278KB, 1361x1500px
>>59185320
logitech mx master or mx anywhere
>>
>>59185351
That's the one I was reading up on. Do you have one? Does it have any cons?
>>
>>59185320
>>59185351 Seconded. Works fine for gaymez also.
>>
>>59181469
bunnyhopping.
making a semi auto gun "full auto"
>>
tfw cant decide between this and the g900
halp
>>
>>59187425
g403 or g102 on a budget
>>
>>59185351
I have that at work. Pretty good.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.