[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HN gets satirized, continues to be butthurt.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: YPoopinator.png (2KB, 432x433px) Image search: [Google]
YPoopinator.png
2KB, 432x433px
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13759706

Its over this:
http://n-gate.com/hackernews/

Then "KirinDave" of Level Money and Capital One down there in the comments get Booty Blasted over their xir/xirs/xirself's pronouns being disrespected, check that shit out.

Its too real, bois.
>>
feed me
>>
File: KirinDave.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
KirinDave.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>59178025

>(flagged) comment

What a fucking autist holy fuck.

>Please refer to me with gender-neutral pronouns.

No wonder indians get hired everywhere. There is no way they can spazz out like that and end up losing their minds over current year special snowflake trends.

Fucking California fags. When does it get nuked?!
>>
File: yudodis.png (17KB, 538x172px) Image search: [Google]
yudodis.png
17KB, 538x172px
>>59178111
kek after he made a small concession in the comments he went and whined on twitter about it.
:DDDDDD
>>
File: justkekmyshitup.png (22KB, 574x155px) Image search: [Google]
justkekmyshitup.png
22KB, 574x155px
>>59178136
>>
File: LOL.png (14KB, 566x170px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
14KB, 566x170px
he updated his youtube/g profile now lol

>NB (GF). They/theirs if you please. I won't flip out if you get it wrong, he is right half the time anyways.
>I won't flip out if you get it wrong
>I won't flip out
>he is right half the time

DID YOU JUST MISGENDER YOURSELF
>>
>>59178025
the poster he got into it with handled it like a pussy by just capitulating
>>
>>59178208
>DID YOU JUST MISGENDER YOURSELF
kek
>>
archive this!
>>
>>59178025
So what's the overall verdict on HN? Is it a good source of info? Are the comments generally high quality?

This particular thread has some special snowflakes but overall the discussion seems good.
>>
>>59178025
Who's in the wrong here, "KirinDave" or "Inconl"?
>>
>>59178970
It's a good source, but stay away from any articles about "social justice", "equality" and other leftist brainwashing.
>>
>>59179003
Ah thanks. how does lobste.rs compare? It seems much slower and obviously more programming focused but is it just as leftist?
>>
>>59178962
why?
>>
>>59179035
No idea. Last time I visited lobsters was almost 4 years ago.
I stay on HN because hardware and embedded articles that hit the front page are usually swarmed with experts who post insightful and interesting comments.
>>
Dude feminism
>>
>>59179047
because those comments are going to be purged eventually and if kirin deletes all his trash, then we won't be able to send it to his future employers
>>
>>59179079
Cool, thanks brah.
>>
>>59179096
Does anyone in silicon valley give a shit? If anything I would think it would help "his" odds of getting hired.
>>
>>59178962
Simply fuck off.
>>
>>59178970
Not really. They're all meme programmers using whatever new framework is out.
>>
File: not_untrue.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
not_untrue.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>59178025
>Microsoft posts a low-quality video attempting to get Hackernews to boot Windows on their Macs so they can have bad implementations of modern Linux tools instead of the bad implementations of outdated Linux tools that ship with MacO's. Hackernews is excited about docker and disappointed their esoteric Debian shit isn't yet working. This is the right time to get Hackernews on board; nothing graphical works correctly and even simple things crash due to the poor implementation, which perfectly matches Hackernews development and operations efforts.
Nails it.
>>
>>59179386
Guy is accurate.
>>
>>59179386
Another gem.

>Nylas Mail is now free
>An asshole made a blog post with an equal number of emojis and actual words. The topic is his webshit email client, which he has finally recognized is not worth money. Hackernews is full of people asking why his mail client requires a login (for the client itself in addition to the actual email account), but nobody knows.
>>
>>59178025
>Massive networks of fake accounts found on Twitter
> Hackernews is totally unsurprised by this, convinced the problem is endemic among online services, and is totally at a loss regarding possible solutions, raising the question of what the hell any of them are being paid to do.
>>
>>59179417
Not always - for example he's promoting anything cat-v related - but this is pretty spot on. Similar to the syntax highlightinng optimisation.
>for the client itself in addition to the actual email account)
kek
>>
Missing $10,000 package of PAL SNES games recovered
>Some guy found his box. Hackernews dimly begins to suspect that the government services they're focused on 'disrupting' should probably be reliable. They're concerned, which in Hackernews parlance means they'll probably retweet something. A few arguments break out wherein half of the comments blame the guy receiving the package and the other half insist that the sender should have mailed multiple boxes, presumably to reduce any motivation the USPS might have had for finding a lost one.

Detection of radioactive iodine at trace levels in Europe in January 2017
>Someone noticed trace radiation in northern Europe, which is where Russia sinks all of its broken nuclear reactors. Hackernews is utterly terrified -- far more than the reporting agency -- and demands to know why ISRN did not personally reach out to the web programming community regarding this incident.

Dear Apple
>Some shithead whines to Apple. Apple does not care. Hackernews thinks it's weird that a company as rich as Apple doesn't care what Hackernews thinks, but they suspect it's better this way. Apple knows best.

Some of this shit is comedy gold. And it's spot on.
>>
http://n-gate.com/fosdem/

His description of the talks is even better.
>>
File: kek.jpg (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
9KB, 239x211px
>>59179474
>
What open source and J.K. Rowling have in common
>Importance of storytelling in open source projects
>The talk description spouts meaningless shit about storytelling, but the real common factor between Rowling and Linux is their presence in the homes and hearts of millions of children and/or mouth-breathing retards who are impressed only because they haven't seen what competence looks like.
>>
Stopped reading hackernews 3 years ago, seems the community degraded into a circlejerk.
>>
>>59179742
nice blog faggot where do i subscribe
>>
File: transhumanism.jpg (134KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
transhumanism.jpg
134KB, 640x640px
>>59179474
>Mes -- Maxwell's Equations of Software
>An attempt at dissolving [GuixSD's] bootstrap binaries
>Lisp guys are still mad that computer hardware doesn't speak lisp.
>>
>>59179474
>Bringing the Semantic Web closer to reality
>PostgreSQL as RDF Graph Database
>Oh jesus, not these assholes again
>>
>>59179742

>seems the community degraded into a circlejerk.

Unlike /g/, that is?
>:^)
>>
File: fake-up.jpg (2KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
fake-up.jpg
2KB, 125x98px
>>59179386
haha that meme, i was in that thread yesterday
[spoiler]shit was sooo cash[/spoiler]
inb4 newfags cant spoiler
>>
>>59178025
>Made with by werc

9fag confirmed
>>
>>59178025
How do people work with these kinds of special snowflakes? They must be even more intolerable irl.
>>
>>59180447
Yeah, that kind of lowers my respect for the author.
>>
>>59180691
I .... want to know, too.
>>
> Lifetime Bell Labs Intern Russ Cox posts, in unwarranted detail, the to-do list given to him by the people he followed to Google

topkek, eat cock Russ.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.