[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump signs laws to promote women in STEM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 22

File: 1462820954130.jpg (189KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462820954130.jpg
189KB, 720x720px
>https://www.cnet.com/news/trump-women-in-stem-tech-laws/

Maybe now I can meet a girl as a codemonkey. Why are there so few women in STEM anyway?
>>
Women are only useful to breed and raise children.
>>
women are only useful for making sandwiches and doing dishes.
>>
>>59177127
>>59177154
>wanting to marry an idiot
>being THIS insecure
Cuck
>>
>>59176806
out of 200 of us in first term 5 were women
1 was competent while the other 4 either dropped out or spent the whole time asking dumb questions / fucking up team projects
>>
>>59176806

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github

Uhmm hallo sweeties!!!! Think you guys didnt get the message yet.

Women on GitHub are the best coders.
>>
>>59177163
I've seen this happen countless times, what's wrong with women, how hard can it be to just learn consistently?
>>
>>59177157
>doesn't understand there's no need to marry to breed
Cuck
>>
Is there a version of OP's picture without Stallman?
>>
>>59177168
>Uhm hallo sweeties!!!!
You belong on tumblr, fag.
>>
>>59177163
Same thing here in Straya
First year programming: Approximately 300 students, of which about 20 were women
Second year programming: About 200 students; 4 women
All Asians too, for that matter, not sure if there's some cultural aspects there

At my Uni the IT/Business and IT/Finance combined degrees didn't require second year programming courses, so maybe that was it.
>>
>>59177322
they are either smart or have money. also where they foreign or native
>>
>>59176806
I have no sympathy
out of 15 people in my class at Uni, 3 were women, and all 3 of them graduated with offers from huge companies like google and amazon

they didn't even do well, they spent the entire class periods browsing tumblr and had guys do their homework for them
and they get rewarded because diversity for the sake of diversity beats all
>>
>>59177193
Based on research, Men are better at performing a large, single task, while women are better at juggling smaller tasks
Men are factually better than women at doing math related activities just from inspecting the makeup of the brain

However, from personal experience, Women are sub-par at just about everything in comparison to men doing the same amount or even more, from stocking shelves, to drawing up subdivision plans.
Hate to say it, but women seem to be worse than men at almost all things STEM

http://www.fitbrains.com/blog/women-men-brains/
>>
File: qZYrdza.png (397KB, 505x480px) Image search: [Google]
qZYrdza.png
397KB, 505x480px
>>59177322
i tutor at a community college in CA. If it requires math past Calc1 most women will not pass all the classes needed to transfer
>>
>>59177374
the reason for that is because women are much closer grouped on tests and statistics than men
where you have men who go from braindead retarded to absolute genuises, and are more extreme at both ends
>>
>>59177367
Only knew one of them. She was Australian born and raised. Taiwanese heritage. Sharp as hell, helped run labs for a few subjects. Got snatched up by Westpac and had to juggle third year with a pretty much full time job. I'm sure that was fun.
>>
>>59177425
That does make some sense after reflecting back on my experiences.
None of the women i've worked with or encountered weren't spectacular at their jobs or tasks, but weren't terrible either, just average or mediocre overall.
Besides, bringing in (a) wome(a)n into an environment full of dudes kinda kills the flow of things, personally
>>
>>59177224
>acting like you aren't a sub-par choice in a world without marriage or commitment with millions of nigger fucking machines with cocks the size of your forearm to choose from instead of you
>>
>>59177544
>american is thirsty because ugly american landfemwhales
sorry friend, in russia we don't have much negroes and those which we do have don't live long enough to show their dick skills
>>
>>59177496
>Besides, bringing in (a) wome(a)n into an environment full of dudes kinda kills the flow of things, personally
Young women - absolutely
>>
File: 1462815717766.png (7KB, 1795x709px) Image search: [Google]
1462815717766.png
7KB, 1795x709px
>>59176806
>tfw fell for the stem meme
>it was bad enough with pajeet outsourcing
>now the entire female gender is coming after my job
>mfw
>>
>>59177666
protip: they aren't

You can't trick women into going stem, the stigma is too big even with the pushes to get women coding. Also upper level CS classes make most of them quit because you have to become a fucking recluse if you go to a good university, not because its necessarily hard, but because the volume of work can become atrocious.
>>
Reading this thread makes me want to ask, what kind of weird people are you guys dealing with?

I worked with girls in university and at work and had no problems at all. But it's probably because I wasn't afraid to say it out loud when they weren't contributing or what they did was wrong as I wanted others to do. I'm guessing the chronic issue here is:

>OMG A GIRL IN OUR GROUP! I have to get her.
>She's not working but that's okay, I can help her always.
>I did everything for her but it's fine, I'll help more if she needs.
Two weeks later when the project is over
>STUPID WYMYN ALWAYS RUINING THINGS WHY IS SHE WITH CHAD I HELPED HER
>>
>>59177157
Women are the best thing ever, since they breed and raise children.
>>
>>59177852
SEA here. We do not have gender wars, so I have been taught by, studied with, and worked with men and women with no issues, and my fields were engineering and programming. It is definitely a cultural thing.

Maybe if the Western media was not hell-bent on scaring women out of STEM and then blaming it on everyone else, there would not be so many issues.
>>
>>59177977
But in SEA parents will murder their children if they don't get into STEM and liberal arts doesn't exist
>>
File: 30a.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>59177852
>I worked with girls in university and at work and had no problems at all.
>>
>>59178000
And we see the results of a pro-STEM upbringing, do we not?
>>
>>59176806
>throw myself into programming since I'm beta as fuck and realize i'll starve to death and be labeled as a fucking loser if I'm not useful in society.
>studying with like-minded bros at uni
>two girls join study/discussion group
>one girl literally manipulates one of my nerd bros to regurgitate the textbook she should've read for homework. He is pretty much now tutoring her 2 lecture worth each meet-up
why is it that everything a woman touches, if turns to shit?
>>
>>59177168
>Wymen win on subjective grounds
>Can't win on objective grounds
Colour me surprised.

These articles are disgusting. There are SOME women who are brilliant brilliant coders and those are the ones you usually encounter at big companies, because they can afford to pick and choose.

The majority of women are subpar, however. I am not really sure why.
>>
East euro here.
Women aren't bad, as long as you cut the identity politics bullshit, and call anyone out when they aren't doing their job, regardless of gender.
>>
>>59177977
>Maybe if the Western media was not hell-bent on scaring women out of STEM and then blaming it on everyone else, there would not be so many issues.

What the fuck Western media are you reading or watching? You do know the modern West is mostly progressive and infested with pro-STEM feminists that demand there be more women in STEM all the time right?

Then again, SEA isn't infested with feminists and gender studies majors, so perhaps there is a point.
>>
>>59178148
These are the headlines I am reading from Western media:

>WHY ARE THERE SO FEW WOMEN IN STEM?
>WE NEED TO PUSH MORE WOMEN INTO STEM!
>WE NEED TO FIX STEM SO AS TO HAVE MORE WOMEN!
>WHAT IS KEEPING WOMEN OUT OF STEM? IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH STEM?

Who would want to go and join STEM after reading all that? If this is all that the media has to say about STEM, then it is easy to conclude that STEM is hostile and scary and no one should ever go there.
>>
>>59177316

>being THIS gullible
>>
>>59178010
Seriously though, if you regularly can't work with women at some point you should ask yourself if you are good to work with. Not all of the women are crazy or close to criticism.
>>
>>59177415
>Women in CC math classes past algebra
Haha lol
>>
>>59177168
>code written by women at a higher rate
>but only if the gender was not disclosed

im really interested in how they performed this study if the genders werent disclosed

but this makes at least a little bit of sense.

that 2013 survey likely wasnt just for github, but an analysis of the field as a whole.

women are recently being shoved into pursuing stem fields

github, in comparison to everywhere else, probably has a fairly sizable female population due to a bunch of young females being pushed into the field.

the female population on github would mostly be fairly young twenty-somethings, whereas the male population would be a more mixed bag of ages.

younger people have a tendency to familiarize themselves with newer technologies and programming practices, which may be more likely to be accepted as code contributions for "modern" "hip" projects.

therefore, for certain projects, there would be a possible tendency to accept contributions from women disproportionately to men regardless of the fact that the genders arent disclosed.

if say 20% of github users are female, but certain projects accept contributions about 50/50 between the genders, that would "imply" that female programmers are better if correlation equals causation

but i'd wager that, if you study the ages of contributors alongside the genders of them, you'd see the younger portion of the community has a closer to even gender split and that the same community is also responsible for most of the contributions on those projects

theres also the possibility that women might have a tendency to work on some projects more than others, such as ideologically-driven projects and such. if you examined those projects specifically, you may see disproportionately high female contribution compared to the whole userbase.

jumping to the conclusion that "wymin code beddur bcuz gulr powr"is jumping the gun to say the least

anyone who isnt retarded can "code gud" regardless of gender.
>>
>>59178201
>implying the media only spouts the truth
>implying the media has no bias

i see stem like i see nursing both are fields that have a gender dominating them. not only do both have a stigmata about people of the opposite gender joining them. on top of that people can be bad at their jobs sometimes they are a man sometimes they are a woman and occasionally it is a mentally ill person with gender identity issues
>>
>>59177168
>don't disclose gender
>women better
what

plus github approval is a meaningless metric
>>
>poor family
>good grades
>tried going to college
>ran out of money 2nd year
>back home with parents
>didn't give up
>taught myself programming
>no pussy javascript web dev shit
>C, C++, then .NET
>had a job
>housing crisis
>contract work only since then
>can't get full time
>getting tired of trying to survive
>high stress levels
>higher blood pressure
>turn on tv; read web site
>WE NEED GIRLS IN STEM!
>POOR GIRLS!
>GIRLS NEED HELP!
>BOYS ARE PRIVILEGED
>HERE'S FREE COLLEGE AND YOUR FIRST JOB!
>how am i supposed to feel?

Fuck this shit. I wish I had gone any direction other than IT.

Oh yeah: several friends turned to nursing. But only the girls get financial aid and help.
>>
>>59178346
If you're American and poor you can easily go to college, you qualify for all kinds of loans and grants.

And running out of money in the middle of College suggests piss poor planning and sense.
>>
This is clearly a misogynist ploy to prevent women from staying home. Now they will be forced into male dominated environments where men will grab them by the pussy
>>
>>59178346
What do you mean you ran out of money?
>tfw 30,000$ in the hole with student loan debt
>>
>>59177154
>sandwiches
>wanting pleb-tier food
get yourself a real wife who knows how to fucking cook

also learn how to cook yourself you fucking manlet...real men know how to grill and make basic shit
>>
>>59178094
Because the men are equally subpar, pretty obvious
>>
>>59177579
That's it, I'm moving to Russia.
>>
>>59177322
UTS?
>>
>>59178346
College is free if you have enough common sense to look around.
Um, Pell grant?
https://fafsa.ed.gov/
>>
>>59176806
>Why are here so few women in stem
Because people choose what they would like to do with their lives, and women aren't choosing it.
>>
>>59177579
Chechens are white

>>59177544
Are you trying to say we arent all massive faggots wanting bbc
>>
>>59177322

>cultural aspects

Different races have literally different brains. That's why blacks are dumb and violent.
>>
cd..
cd..
cd..
cd..

etc
>>
>>59177168
400 lines of code with 1200lines of comments allowing students and pajeets to fake their way resulting a fluffed approval rating.
This is linus tech tips allover again.
>>
>>59177852
in my experience women can be fairly talented and capable but they just dont have the drive for excellence that i see in a lot of men. they do their job alright but instead of putting in the extra 10% they just fuck around and talk all the time.

probably more an observation of a sperg like me vs emotionally healthy humans rather than men vs women though.
>>
>people still thinking there's something stopping thousands of women from being in STEM

THEY'RE NOT IN IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING WANT TO BE IN IT

HOLY SHIT IS THIS NOT FUCKING OBVIOUS?
>>
>>59178372
>If you're American and poor you can easily go to college,
>actually believing this shit
If you're from another country or you have a vagina, sure.

>you qualify for all kinds of loans and grants.
Nope.

>And running out of money in the middle of College suggests piss poor planning and sense.
My dad's work slowed down dramatically due to no fault on his part, and there was nothing much anyone could do about it. It's a rather painful memory, but thanks for mocking it dipshit.

>>59178439
>What do you mean you ran out of money?
Well...picture a checking account with nothing left in it.

>>59178659
>pell grant
>max $5,815
>"college is free"
Do you have any fucking idea what college costs?
>>
>>59178981
I don't know, man. Get a job? Sell your ass? The rest of us figured it out. Don't be such a pussy ass loser.
>>
>>59177168
>hand on the touchpad instead of the clit
Dropped.
>>
>>59178981
>Do you have any fucking idea what college costs?
Don't live above your means? Everyone in the US qualifies for 31,000$ from federal loans and you can easily get private loans on top of that and any grants. If your school costs more than 4k a semester you're living above your means.

Also, how can you be poor and not qualify for grants. What's your family's net income? I just find it hard to believe.
>>
>>59178325
The word is stigma
>>
>>59179052

I very much doubt you figured out how to leave your room.
>>
>>59176806
who is that ejaculate extractor?
>>
>>59179111
You would be wrong.
>>
>>59179099
stigmata is also valid but you would not know
>>
>>59177168
>https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/women-considered-better-coders-hide-gender-github

gat dam that fucking title. Acceptance rate on shithub = Quality. Thank you guardian for closing the books on this monstrous gender inequality, thats definitely what the original review concluded.

Also, what the actual fuck is with the change stats? 2 orders of magnitude difference between mean and median LOC changed? Is everyone literally just moving files around? For this to work out, I think that means the average project on github copies in 100 times the amount of code that is ever actually written.
>>
>>59177168
Doesn't the fact fewer women code mean they will be on average better than the average male coder? Since the barrier to entry is higher?
>>
>>59176806
Those better be 2D women.
>>
>>59179111
Thank you. I was about to respond with more cursing, but your response was better.

>>59179083
>Everyone in the US qualifies for 31,000$ from federal loans
That would barely cover 3 semesters at a decent school.

>and you can easily get private loans on top of that and any grants.
>loans
And what guarantee is there that I could get a job that would pay the loans with TeamVagina and H1B flooding the market? I mean what fucking idiot goes 5 figures into debt to get a STEM degree with this market?

>If your school costs more than 4k a semester you're living above your means.
Pretty much anything in the UC system costs more than that. My friends who have gone into nursing have gone to different schools, but all of them paid more than that. Besides a JC, where you can't get a worthwhile CS or EE degree, what fucking school is charging $4k a semester?

>I just find it hard to believe.
Well sorry to burst your bubble about how wonderful America is. But basically if you're a fucking white male you have to be dirt poor to get all the help you need to complete college. Got a vajay? Come from a foreign country? Dark enough skin? Then you're gold.
>>
File: z9IO4Hj.jpg (211KB, 869x1776px) Image search: [Google]
z9IO4Hj.jpg
211KB, 869x1776px
>>59179301
I see fewer lines added and lines removed as a positve thing since we do pic related
>>
>>59176806
>Why are there so few women in STEM anyway?
Because few women have any interest in STEM. There is literally nothing wrong here.
>>
>>59178905
Nice Karlie Klauss maymay.
We need to broadcast this meme so people know what you are talking about when you write :
>cd..
>cd..
>cd..

etc
>>
>>59179077
Frankly the touchpad is the superior pointing device.

The only reason why I exclusively use the clit and even disconnected the trackpad is because Synaptics is utter jittery dogshit and can't even do basic wrist rejection. Why can't Lenovo put proper trackpads at least in their business class machines?
>>
File: padre-pio-stigmata.jpg (20KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
padre-pio-stigmata.jpg
20KB, 400x538px
>>59179244
This is about social stigma, stigmata is something entirely different.
>>
>>59176806
What does this law even do?
>>
>spending long periods of time with women
>ever
it's like you want to lose your will to live
>>
>>59177168
>GitHub
didn't those faggots remove C+= project?
>>
The men to women ratio in STEM can be directly explained by Jung's cognitive functions theory. Yes, I am serious.
>>
>>59179367
Why would the barrier to entry be higher for women? And wouldn't that imply a bias either way?
>>
>>59179829
The barrier to entry is given since there's a disparity in representation. I just meant obviously the women there are compensating for whatever that is, by being irregularly interested in the field, where as the average male coder probably isn't, so comparing them is bound to produce skewed results.
>>
>>59178867
Women have different brains then?
>>
File: 1486814441380.webm (520KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486814441380.webm
520KB, 720x720px
Why are women in STEM more ugly in general, to the point to be even considered as women?
On that note men in STEM aren't especially handsome too.
>>
>>59179759
>What does this law even do?

It rounds up all the white males to genocide them in order to make more room for women and shitskins in STEM.
>>
>>59180204
Because ugly women join STEM in a hope to gain power and attention from men in ways they cant with their looks
>>
>>59176806
women can press out new life out of their cunts. why should they do silly things like coding?
>>
>>59177127
>>59177154
topkek

>>59176806
there are so few girls in STEM because they don't have any interest in it, at all. the reason there are always so few in classes is not because they were opressed back to the kitchen, but because they do not want to go STEM
>>
>>59176806
i normally wouldn't support something like this, but it's better than having pajeetas and raskeshas flood into the country.
>>
>>59180376
>there are so few girls in STEM because they don't have any interest in it, at all.
And that can be explained by this:
>>59179797

The short explanation:
- there are 16 "types of brains", not equally spread among humans
- 75% of humanity is dumb as shit because their brain can't understand/notice patterns and "what isn't real", aka theories.
- Male/female ratio is also not equal among brain types, the types most suited for STEM (INTP, INTJ) have much more males than females

"all humans are equal" is fucking bullshit

And yes, I'm not making this up. You can research this yourself.
>>
>>59180456
>75% of humanity is dumb as shit because their brain can't understand/notice patterns and "what isn't real", aka theories.
and 99% are niggers and durkas
>>
>>59180463
I'm not sure how much race has to so with this as well
>>
>>59179244
>>59179708
Stigmata is the plural form of the word stigma

No it's not also valid after a singular article, I would know because I'm not illiterate
>>
>>59177127
>>59177154
Found the betas intimidated by strong women. A true alpha loves tough women who gives them a challenge.
>>
>>59176806

I am unattracted to women in engineering
>>
>>59176806

Welp, it only took him two months to get cucked.

Democracy can't self correct. It has to crash and burn totally. There's no scape from anacyclosis
>>
>>59176806
>Why are there so few women in STEM anyway?

Why study something useful (or even hard!), when you got loads of idiots willing to do the work for you?
You've got to do some statistical analysis for your social science class? Just ask some nerd. He might even get to hold your handbag as reward!

You may notice that most women with useful skills didn't have that option. They're either ugly or shut-ins.
>>
fuck trump and fuck white people
fucking orange bigot misogynist
>>
>>59180805
Low quality bait, m8.
>>
>>59180742
Who gives a shit about some garbage liberal programs.
When they start seeing an influx of unskilled women it's only going to hurt the small percentage of previously skilled women in STEM.

So unless you are a woman currently getting a degree, it's not going to effect you. Since they are only "raising interest" for the field and not actually mandating hiring quotas. Hiring managers aren't stupid.
>>
File: feels2.jpg (127KB, 1620x599px) Image search: [Google]
feels2.jpg
127KB, 1620x599px
>>59180819
>>
>>59176806
I think it's mostly cultural.

In North African countries there's about as much women as men in STEM.
>>
>>59180950
>I think it's mostly cultural.

Nope. It's the intersection of economy and nature.

>In North African countries there's about as much women as men in STEM.

What actually happens is that STEM pays better, so in comparatively poorer countries women choose it to be able to eat. But in rich countries where there's a choice of publicly funded bullshit jobs (journalism, PR, activism) then women actually prefer them.

Women can be competent engineers, but that's just a job for them. The semiautistic obsession that drives geniuses is almost exclusively a male biological trait.
>>
STEM is hard. If you're a pretty enough woman, you don't have to do hard stuff.
>>
>>59181058
>The semiautistic obsession that drives geniuses is almost exclusively a male biological trait.
You're mostly correct, read
>>59180456
>>
>>59180950
Those countries don't actually exist, and if they do, they're not actually doing STEM work.
>>
>>59177852
I've dealt with no idiots during my time in academia and none in the private sector.

Because we had an SJW pushback 5 years ago and not 5 months ago, so this shit has died.
>>
>>59180456
>there are 16 "types of brains"
>he fell for MBTI
>>
>>59181346
MBTI is based on this theory, but isn't accurate because the test is shit and most people aren't honest when answering it.
Read this:
http://mbti-notes.tumblr.com/basics
>>
>>59181363
>tumblr
If you want me to take it seriously, at least show me actual publications or something.
>>
>>59180628
>my girlfriend does not cheat. I have no right to control her body

cuck
>>
>>59181428
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_cognitive_functions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits
>>
>>59181436
If you can't take a girl who can hit you and need submissive women to be strong, you're a beta and the real cuck.
>>
File: 1480306599565.png (256KB, 1800x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1480306599565.png
256KB, 1800x1348px
>>59180628
>>
>>59180628
>>59181485
>this guy thinks women are more than fuck toys
found a cuck right here
>>
File: 1486243754868.png (781KB, 866x1914px) Image search: [Google]
1486243754868.png
781KB, 866x1914px
>>59181485
This seems like you
>>
>>59181563
>He doesn't want a dominating wife who enjoys aggression and competition for dominance
Fucking beta faggot, how scared are you of femdom?
>>
Nice technology thread.
>>
I used to come on /g/ all the time
Stopped after seeing these threads every day though. Very demotivational, they really got to me.

I had an inferiority complex when I first started school because of what I read on here. Was so scared I was too stupid and wouldn't make the cut.

Two years later...and I'm out performing most guys in my classes. They used to be dismissive of me until the coursework got hard and they needed help finishing their assignments.

Have a cozy job lined up this summer now for coop; well above the average pay for internships at my school. A lot of them are still looking for jobs and for me the future is looking a bit brighter.

But I'm still scared...coursework is one thing but creating software at work will be totally different. Maybe I really will be too incompetent due to my gender? Maybe too much of a bore?

If that's the case...if genetic determinism is so strong a thing, I might as well kill myself. If I find I'm not cut out for this field I don't see myself having any real use in this world; to have worked so hard to make this my career and to fall flat due to reasons beyond my control...I don't think I could take it. It's not a pill I could swallow. I'm all for embracing gender differences but to such a degree, in my personal life...to come to terms with something like that would destroy me and make me hallow.
>>
>>59178201
>Western media
Stop.
Don't lump us into the craziness of the US. Continental Europe has much less gender cuckery.
>>
>>59181600
>i bet he doesn't even beat the shit out of his woman when she disobeys
what a cuck, you are a real embarrassment to man kind. real men laugh hard in your girly fat face
>>
>>59181776
College is harder than anything. Just know that work will be mostly politics, not skill.
>>
>>59181776
>if genetic determinism is so strong a thing,

Let's not throw the baby with the bathwater.

Statistical hypothesis are idealized models of long-term or population frequencies. They're not incompatible with fluctuations and outliers.

You don't have to fret. You can do what you can do as an individual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)
>>
>>59181776
>btw im a gurl
>>
File: part 1 of 6.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
part 1 of 6.webm
3MB, 960x540px
ask a girl coder anything
>>
>>59177127
This. All women should be barefoot and pregnant.
>>
>>59184017
who is this semen demon
>>
>>59184017
How does it feel being a faggot and a disgrace of your family.
>>
>>59184017
is this girl (male) wearing a wig?
>>
>>59184017
s(he) doesnt even know how to act like a girl lol her movements are so retarded, forced and unladylike
>>
>>59184017
Cute tranny, desu.
>>
>>59180204
Intelligent autists have a tendency to not care about looks

Look at RMS, Walter Bright, Linus, Alan Cox,
>>
>>59184090
The bile in my stomach did a fucking barrel roll.
>>
Old fag here.

200 level Intro to OOP class with C++ in 1998. About 100 people in the class at the start, maybe 25 women. At the end only 4 women are left, all Asian. Tons of men dropped the class too.

300 level classes, no women except for the occasional Asian.

200 level perl class had like 30 people in it, only 5 left at the end. One was a butch woman, however.

In the professional world I've worked with some pretty amazingly competent women, but the white ones that were good are lesbians. Plenty of good Indian and Asian women women, but for some reason very few American women that are white or black and straight.
>>
>>59177677
This.

6th-7th semester is hell. The amount of complex coding you need to do is overwhelming.
>>
File: 1463639700222.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1463639700222.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>59184917
>tfw currently going to college junior year for comp sci
>none of the classes are difficult and grades are inflated as fuck anyway
this worries me

I genuinely wonder if what I'm learning is even applicable since I hear this sort of thing all the time and can't help but think...if my professors knew anything why would they be professors...
>>
>>59176806
I like Trump and all but more money flushed down the toilet. Of course add that to the money spent on taking care of the skanks 12 different kids (by 19 different guys) and women cost even more than niggers do!
>>
>>59181776
You're blowing this thing completely out of proportion. Remember there is more variation within populations than between and all that other hippy dippy bullshit. Grace Hopper did it and so can you.
>>
File: 1438771826192.jpg (113KB, 875x850px) Image search: [Google]
1438771826192.jpg
113KB, 875x850px
Make Women Smart Again
>>
>>59176806
This girl reminds me so much of Dahlia Daintily.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCynSWGAbSwOAax6kLKB58nQ
>>
>even trump is forced to pander to worthless whores or else risk breakdown of government because the whores will vote for some marxist that promises them free shit

women arent in stem because they dont fucking WANT to be. its their fucking choice. they want to join gender studies to do activism for women in tech. they dont want to be women in tech themselves.
>>
We're going to have more Karlie the Koders? Awesome!
>>
>>59176806
>lets push women where they don't belong

FUCK YOU TRUMP YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!
>>
>>
>>59186560

eh thats the thing most people don't know what they really want

its not like all these people are even trying
they just look from the outside and figure they can't do it
>>
>>59187188
so basically like every male on earth unless they take the risk or make the investment of their time? but no, women need to coddled because they are equal, right?
>>
>>59177666
Nice trips, lord of darkness
>>
File: 1487219817451.jpg (1MB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1487219817451.jpg
1MB, 3840x2560px
>>59184917
>all Asian
>occasional Asian
>good Indian and Asian women women
Starting to see a pattern here.
>>
>>59176806
Umm /pol/tards???? Care to explain why he betrayed /g/?
>>
>>59178302
very accurate and detailed analysis. Thank you.
>>
>>59178981
Go to a cheaper college. There are tons of cheap state and community colleges.
>>
>>59184826
But Linus is hot
>>
File: YouFucktards.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
YouFucktards.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>59184017
>>59184067
>>59184090
>>59184095
>>59184117
>>59184327
Thats HentaiKitty, She is most certainly female you fucktards. These clips are from her very early work
>>
>>59188074
some boys have vaginas
>>
>>59188074
hahaha got their asses
>>
>>59185000
Are you kidding me? I ran into few projects in undergrad that I couldn't knock out in a day or two.
>>
>>59181776
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome

Shit I deal with from time to time too.

If you run circles around other students while in school I bet you'll be a high performer at work. I wouldn't stress about it.
>>
would you fly by plane if you knew the critical code was written by a woman?
>>
>>59189903
I'd certainly trust it more than if it were written by some fucking retard that spends their lives shit posting on 4chan.
>>
>>59176806
wtf /pol/acks he was supposed to be OUR guy
>>
>>59180318
>women can press out new life out of their cunts. why should they do silly things like coding?
Not only that, but the decent looking/acting ones can get a man to provide for them. And if they like sex, then they get an immense amount of pleasure providing pleasure to a man who sweetens the deal with cash and prizes just to get that pleasure.

And when they do push a new life out the man is even more attached (and legally on the hook for cash and prizes) and the woman is enamored with that new life. Levels of joy, peace, and love that no single male basement coder will ever know. Take a good, long look at a new mother with her baby. They don't give a fuck about anything else in the world. You would have to take heroin to feel as good.

So why the fuck would a pretty girl waste her time coding?

Did Karlie 'kode'? No. This is a stupid feel good distraction for her to help 'teh stronk womynz'. She earned her money walking a runway in skimpy lingerie. And before some feminist cries "sexism" and "degradation" I guarantee you that Karlie loved every single minute on that runway with all eyes glued to her body. It was an ego trip and a high that likely has no equivalence in coding, except maybe for Linus when he's screaming at someone over shitty code. Or Stallman when he's coding with a parrot on his shoulder.
>>
>>59177168
How many of those women were born men though anon?
>>
white women should be deported to liberia
>>
>>59179480
Is Karlie Kloss even real or just some troll account?
>>
>>59179462
It's not 'dark enough skin'. Indians and Asians have to score 190 points higher on an SAT to get in the same schools as your white ass. Count your blessings.
>>
>>59178302
trying this hard
>>
>>59180204
Probably because they have higher test levels.
>>
>>59178346
>no pussy webdev shit
>.NET
oh I am laffin fer sher
>>
>complaining about this
>not implementing the computing version of the casting couch

You people are fucking beta.
>>
>>59177666
This image gets me every time
>>
>>59177168

> when a group of computer science students decided to study the way that gender bias plays out in software development communities, they assumed that coders would be prejudiced against code written by women.

I don't think that's how this whole empirical thing works
>>
>>59178346
Is programming really that hard to get into?

I'm going for .Net,c#,C++ and Java myself but when I look for jobs they all require 3 years exp and a bachelors degree.

FFS if I wanted to spend 2 years on a degree I could just do something easy like MLT or get a business degree and sit on my ass all day.

Hell I would be better off just doing medical coding since HIPPA Cucks Pajeet from shitting outside america on our healthcare system
>>
The US literally just got cucked.
>>
>>59180628
actually i think girls are gross and have cooties. but cooties is not transmitted through the handing of a sandwich
>>
>>59176806
Most of them are simply not able to focus on anything else than gossip, celebrity news and other superficial crap.
They are also lazy and want to marry a man that provides for them asap.
>>
>>59176806
Because in STEM pussypass will only carry their butt up to a certain point.
>>
>>59191164
>Indians and Asians
>and Asians

Indians are not Asians and they do not need higher SAT scores. Besides, Pajeet got his fake degree at University of Shit back home.
>>
>>59176806
STEM requires logic
>>
>>59176806
wtf i hate drumpf now
>>
>>59178867
Lol
>>
>>59178346
I doubt you talked to an advisor, go see one
>>
File: 948.jpg (1MB, 2048x1252px) Image search: [Google]
948.jpg
1MB, 2048x1252px
>>59188074
>camwhore
Yeah, I suppose a girl would have to be mentally unstable to become a "coder"
>>
>>59191395
Did you miss the C and C++?
>>
>>59184017
>Dr Pepper
Didn't even open the Webm.
>>
I'm a man. I just learned programming on my own as a teenager.
>>
>>59177168
>github
I know /g is full of technology lovers and pajeets so I better stop trying to explain this whole women situation.
>>
>>59185469
>I genuinely wonder if what I'm learning is even applicable
protip, it isn't.
>>
>>59178346
>Fuck this shit. I wish I had gone any direction other than IT.
Them feels, i feels deeply.
I didn't sign up for this sarge.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.