[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X370 Boards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: ASRock%20X370%20Taichi.png (1MB, 800x942px) Image search: [Google]
ASRock%20X370%20Taichi.png
1MB, 800x942px
Is anyone else super fucking impressed with Ryzen but disappointed by the boards?
>no Quad Channel memory
>only one m.2 slot on all of them
>most don't have too many USB ports
>not many have WLAN
>nowhere nears as many PCIe slots (I'll forgive that though since anything more than 2x SLI/Xfire is dumb, and it's unlikely anyone needs more than 1 extra expansion card)
Ryzen having such huge performance makes me question why the boards do not have parity with the enthusiast boards Intel has out right now. USB 3.1 gen 2 and USB C is pretty nice though.
>>
>>59173897
>"only one m.2 slot on all of them"
>Posts a board with two m.2 slots
>>
OEMs aren't going to invest until they know there's a customer base.
>>
>>59173897
AMD gave up those features for cheaper processors
>>
>>59173921
I stand corrected then. There is one X370 motherboard with two m.2 slots.
>>
I personally don't like the 'GAYMER" designs on the boards. I wish we could have some muted designs like 2-3 years ago.
>>
>>59174004
There's several, you just posted one of the higher end ones.

Also most have 8 to 12 USB ports which I don't fucking know how that isn't enough for you. And also most have like 3 to 4 pcie slots (though they're usually 2x1 or something dumb like that)
>>
>>59174009
Yeah, but this isn't just confined to the X370 boards unfortunately. This is a market-wide cancer for high end consumer boards. ASUS X370 Pro looks the most presentable of them all in my opinion.
>>
>>59174009
gaymen aesthetic is basically unavoidable on enthusiast level chipsets at this point. Nothing for it but using a case that doesn't have a side window really.
>>
>>59174078
Yeah I was aware of that, but I kind of wish manufacturers took the chance to make some cleaner boards on the AMD side at least. The checkered flag motherboards (from biostar I think?) drive me insane desu.

I do have to say though, the Aorus boards (particularly the K7) aren't have bad in terms of aesthetics.
>>
>>59174009
Yes, let's make two of the same board to accommodate the people who are not going to use a viewing panel. It;ll cost both users more because of the autism of one.
>>
File: snapshot20090325032756.png (153KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20090325032756.png
153KB, 704x396px
>>59173897
>wlan
how about killing yourself
>>
>>59173897
Unfortunately 24x Pci-e 3 lanes on Ryzen is partly to blame for the lack of I/O. Hoping Zen+ brings more lanes to the party.
>>
>>59173897
>Quad channel
wait for server/workstation chipsets
>only 1 m.2 slot
some have two, but it's due to the PCI-e lane count
>not enough USB
I assume you mean "not enough USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports" because there's at least 8 USB ports on pretty much every board
>WLAN
you want a performance board? good, now use a wired connection. fast, stable, secure.
>PCIe
expect some EATX stuff to roll out in later months with board run slots

these boards are more like X270 than X99
>>
File: Asrock AB350M Pro4.png (610KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Asrock AB350M Pro4.png
610KB, 1200x1000px
>>59173897
The only thing I really feel is a real negative about Zen (so far), is the "only 24 lanes". This can limit you in some ways, but pretty much only on very high end/power systems that use more that use more than two 8/16x cards. And if you really need it NOW, just buy x99, its not going to be cheap either way.

Most people will never need more than 24 tho, and I'm actually really happy the cheaper boards have pretty much all the features.

And actually, most of the boards I've seen have two m2 slots, even the dirt cheap ones.

As far as wlan, you can just add a pcie card in a 1x slot if you need that.

I'm sure future cpu's will bring more lanes and higher clocked models for more demanding users. Remember, only the "high performance gamer" models are coming now, we have yet to see the lower models (probably along with itx boards), apu's and most important; the server platform.

Personally I'm gettng pic related. Good pcie slot layout, enough sata ports, m2 and m2 ultra, 9 cpu power phases which will help overclocking and longevity.
>>
File: 1488275732662-pol.jpg (30KB, 508x595px) Image search: [Google]
1488275732662-pol.jpg
30KB, 508x595px
>>59174004
>>
>>59174449
It is only 24 lanes from the SoC.
The chipset adds more.
>>
I'm looking at the b350 boards, and the asus ones say onboard video depends on the cpu. What does this mean? I don't want to buy a video card, my build won't be for gaming. Can I use either of the asus boards and still display on 2 monitors?
>>
>>59174158
no :^)
>>
>>59174521
buy cheap gpu then, the processor does not include a GPU but the chipset might have one onboard, unsure about this though. Do research.
>>
>>59174521
No Ryzen CPU with have an onboard GPU.
>>
>>59174560
This is me doing research.
What's a good cheap gpu?
>>
>>59174521
You can't use any current ryzen models without a graphics card
>>
>>59174600
gtx 1050 or rx 460 if you dont want to feed the jen hsun jew.
>>
>>59174521
The apu's will come sometime in q2 if I remember correctly. They will have internal gpu, and I think everythin will be on the am4 socket (except servers).
>>
>>59173897
i just want to see the Mini ITX lineup.
BUT i also hope apple starts using Ryzen, cause I like my hackintosh for web browsing and PS projects.
>>
>>59173897
>no Quad Channel memory
Useless on Ryzen design. Server CPU will have it tho.
You posted a board with 2... There are plenty of pciex4-8 adaptators for 1-2 M2 NGFF drives if need be. Only a fraction of users, even power users, will want that. Have you seen the Build threads ? most people don't even tknow M.2 is an option.
That's kinda true but again, does it actually matter ?
>not many have WLAN
WTF are you thinking ? WIFI should be avoided at all costs, it's slow, subject to random interferences and harmfull to helth.
>nowhere nears as many PCIe slots (I'll forgive that though since anything more than 2x SLI/Xfire is dumb, and it's unlikely anyone needs more than 1 extra expansion card)
I have to admit I don't understand why so many PCI slots...

My only personal gripe about those mobo is the lame "gamer" designs and naming. I don't want to see or pay for that crap, only idiots go for the GAYmer meme (no offense to homo's tho) hardware.

On the plus side, those mobo are all quite cheap even at launch price.
>>
>>59174613
Then what's the point of the motherboards having hdmi and dvi output? None of my server boards have these because there is no video out from the chipset or cpu
>>
>>59174659
AM4 boards are compatible with raven ridge apus

but nobody knows when they're going to be released
>>
>>59174659
unified platform that supports currently available non-zen APUS and future, yet to be released zen apus.
>>
>>59174687
I think the APUs are supposed to drop sometime 3Q this year.
>>
>>59173897
I'm getting pic related because it supports 3200 RAM, duel m.2, reinforced PCIe slots and I love the general all black and RGB design. I wish they would switch the "Gaming Pro" on the I/O cover with some artwork
>>
>>59174650
People always bitching about man child designs. Probably have window on the side of the case.
>>
>>59175322
>I'm a MATURE gamer and I want everyone to know about it!
>>
>>59174600
>This is me doing research.
well then all you need to do is delete system 32
then drink bleach for being so fucking stupid.
>>
>>59175681
>implying I have a system32 folder anywhere on my computer.
I figured I'd ask gaymers about graphics since that's all you NEETs seem to know about. I want a cheap <4 core processor, not an "Enthusiast's" machine. Try to research this shit and all you get are FPS benchmarks in the latest time wasting title. Fucking children.
>>
>>59175927
I fucking meant >4 cores. Asshole.
>>
>>59175927
>No System32
>Doesn't say if Linux
Macfag cuck confirmed
>>
>>59175927
as mentioned, the APU's with integrated gpus will launch later, we dont know when.

we dont even know if it wil be zen based apu's or just recycled old athlons.

I whould never really recommend Intel with the AMD's so close, but you shoul maybe consider one of the cheaper i5's with igpu's on a cheap socket 1151 board.
>>
>>59176069
I'd rather wait for the R5 series
>>
>>59176060
If I'm a macfag why am I trying to build a pc? Clearly you need to sharpen that logic if you ever want to be a real techo-wizard like me, son.
>>
>>59176069
I don't have any particular desire to have an igpu, I just wasn't sure if the new ryzen chipsets included some graphics processing or not. I have an i5 system sitting in my basement running freebsd, it runs headless, so I don't really use the igpu anyway. The ryzen build will be a desktop lab, though, so I will need something to push output to a couple of monitors. Currently researching graphics cards and suitable memory that doesn't have ridiculous heat sinks or dragons on the side.
>>
File: 1463294246692.jpg (37KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1463294246692.jpg
37KB, 449x546px
>>59174449
>>59174521
You know you won't be using all 9 phases, correct? AM4 has chips with igpu. These boards are also made for APUs, so quit thinking you get to use all those phases.
>>
>>59174075
the one he links specifically has 6 ports, and 1 c, with a few internal ones for up to 4 on the front of the pc.

looking for a usb c usb 2 and 3 hub, as nothing uses usb c (and i'm not charging a phone off my motherboard) so I may as well get some more io.

there any multi card readers + usb hubs for usbc?
>>
>>59176299
what makes you think it's dedicated? I'm actually curious
>>
>>59176334
if there's one thing USB-C has, it's dongles and hubs
>>
>>59176337
The 3 phases on top are for the igpu, as with everything else on the market since the beginning of time.
>>
>>59176364
that are almost all for laptops, can't find good ones that aren't delight specifically for laptops, and by this i mean it would be hanging off the back of the pc. instead of on top of the desk.
>>
>>59175322
costs several hundred dollars extra to have a non gamer case and good airflow.

Going to be sanding my windows down on the new case and airbrushing it black.

>>59174650
The only time gamer is bad is when they skimp on the parts and mark the fucker up, there are many brands that do this, but the one op linked I want to say is priced just about right for what it offers.

>>59175347
I don't want flashing leds, with flashing ram, with flashing fans, with flashing coolers, function over aesthetics.
>>
>>59174130
>>59174078
Honestly I like the one in op, but then again i love clockwork aesthetics.
>>
>>59174096
yay needing to spend 200$ more on a case to avoid the window.
>>
>>59176372
what about the X370 boards? they still have APU support but I doubt the iGPU needs 8 phases
>>
>>59176378
usb-c extension cable
>>
>>59173897

>needing WLAN on a desktop

Wired is still superior.
>>
>>59176299
So each phase is designated to some specific task of the cpu? They aren't distributing the load evenly?

I think you're full of shit and frankly pulled that out of your ass, but of course if you have some source?
>>
>>59177696
He IS full of shit. That's not how motherboard power phases work.
>>
>be yuropooristani
>Ryzen price is the same as in dollars except a different currency

Fuck this shit mang
>>
>>59175221
>reinforced PCIe slots
That board even have "reinforced" DIMM slots. Why?

Old cases had support brackets that kept full length addon cards from sagging. I see only some workstation and server cases have that these days. None of the cases people typically use with 280-310mm long graphics cards have those brackets.
>>
>>59173897
Are there any good ones with PCI slots?
>>
>>59173897
The biggest thing here is that the highest-end X370 boards cost about as much as entry-level X99 boards. The CPUs contest with Intel's highest-end, but you don't have to give up a kidney to get a nice mobo to go with it.
In fact, when X99 first launched, you mainly had boards on the level of the Asus X99 Deluxe available, meaning you had to spend $400 just to slot a CPU in. It wasn't until much later that MSI outed the SLI PLUS, which cut the entry price way down to 'just' $220, or sometimes $200 flat on sale.

>no quad channel memory
Memory today is so inherently fast that quad channel doesn't offer that much more performance, and now that that we have high-speed RAM available, that advantage is not really there anymore. Having 8 slots just meant being able to get 8 sticks of cheap 2133mhz RAM and still have it perform well.
>>
>>59179197
It might be a nice addition for tinkerers, overclockers, and hardware reviewers, who regularly change out components. The metal bracing would provide more endurance from repeat insertion and removal of components.
>>
>>59179197
>That board even have "reinforced" DIMM slots. Why?

Marketing. Motherboard manufacturers are always looking to introduce gimmicks and tick boxes, even if the "feature" adds nothing. You can thank Gigabyte for this particular addition, which others now need to copy to tick that box and make sure nobody buys a Gigabyte board over theirs for the slot armour.

>>59179346
Explain to me how you believe that a thin piece of metal wrapped around the exterior of the slot will increase its lifespan.
>>
>>59179346
>The metal bracing would provide more endurance from repeat insertion and removal of components

Horse shit. The slots are still made of plastic and attached to the board in the same way. It provides zero protection for the inside of the slot, which is where any wear is going to occur (though the idea that this will ever be an issue during the realistic lifespan of a board is utterly retarded).

The literal and only thing it could possibly do is provide very slightly more resistance if you were actively TRYING to break the slot by waggling a component inserted into it side to side or something. And even then, such a thin, tiny piece of metal is realistically going to do fuck all.
>>
>>59174004
most of the msi boards have dual m2 slots senpai
>>
Where are the high-end X370 boards? Asus only has one ROG, Gigabyte has mid-tier, MSI has one Xpower etc.
>>
>>59179389
>The literal and only thing it could possibly do is provide very slightly more resistance if you were actively TRYING to break the slot by waggling a component inserted into it side to side or something.

Clearly you haven't seen how some people treat their hardware.
>>
>>59175221
this desu, don't care for the gaymer meme shit but looks like a solid board at a good price compared to the top-tier ones (which just seem to pile on more lighting and bullshit for a 50% higher price)
>>
>>59179361
Meanwhile actually somewhat useful gimmicks like maintenance mode (cuts power from components and enables led lights around slots and pins) or lan cable tester (cut and short circuit detection with up to 1m accuracy) are now forgotten because they did not add anything to the looks on the store shelf.
>>
>>59175347
>everyone
>implying anyone ever enters my room
>>
rate motherboard manufacturers based on the following criteria and also based on z107 & z207 (aesthetics aside):

>overclocking potential
Asus
>Audio quality (noise, dac, amp)
Gigabyte
>USB shielding/interference
?Gigabyte?
>sata/mvme performance
?
>best Bios
?
>fan control
?
>best bundled software
?
>any others?
>>
>>59175221
how much is it?
Looks better than crosshair at least.
I have MSI p67 running since 2011, inclined to buy another one.
>>
>>59173897
>no Quad Channel memory

That's the monumental disappointment. Should have four RAM slots and you can put 1, 2, 3 or 4 sticks in, mix & match size, and the mobo should automatically use dual, tri- or quad- channel for the base memory of the smallest chip, then use the higher address space for data that is accessed less frequently.

And, failing auto-select, jumping into the BIOS should allow the user to make manual selections & adjustments.

No fucks to give about m.2, it's a meme.

Would rather have 6 properly spaced PCIe slots, with 4x speed being the minimum.

"Properly spaced" meaning 2x 16x slots that always run at 16x (if not 24 x) and have empty space to accommodate GPU without losing any other slots.

Sort of "ideally," it would be 2x 16x slots, plus 2x 8x slots, plus 2x 4x slots, allowing 2x 16x to pick up an 8x and run 3x GPUs for those who wish to. But, more importantly, making sure that 4x & 8x slots are available to put in PCIe SSD cards that exceed 1 GB throughput.

Possibly a single 1x slot in place of one 8x slot because a 1x soundcard is overkill for audio throughput, but nearly everything else that currently plugs into a 1x slot really needs a 4x slot; and, I'm getting sick of addon cards that need a "2x" PCIe slot ... which means, they don't plug into a 1x slot, but take up a 4x slot and don't use the available bandwidth.

Of course there should be 4x USB 3.1 ports external plus two USB 3.1 headers internal. 4x USB 2 external and 2x USB 2 headers internal would be ideal. Lots of legacy USB 2 devices and new stuff that has no need for USB 3.1 speeds.

Would like to see 8x SATA III internal ports plus 2x eSATA III ports as standard. I have a couple Gigabyte UD3 990FX boards with 2x eSATA III external ports, and I use the fuck out of them. Really should be the minimum on any board.

Frankly, I think the entire mobo design industry is run by retards at the moment. Every board is crippled in at least one way, and often in 2 or 3.
>>
>>59180034
> eSATA
Standalone asmedia sata has issues with hot swap and multipliers. Asmedia designed sata controller for ryzen.
>>
>>59179902
>Audio quality (noise, dac, amp)
They are all pretty much equal. It's the current year.
>>
>>59173897
>audio not supported in kernel = no gentoo launch support
>>
>>59175221
>reinforced PCIe
>reinforced
>PCIe
why? do you kick your pc? do you just pull at you GPU for giggles? explain to me

EXPLAIN TO ME
>you cant explain that
>>
>>59173897
quad memory setup offers absolutery NOTHING there isnt a single test out there that actually see any substantial improvement

there are mobos with 3 or 4 (the asrock gaming has 4 but you need to remove the wifi dongle)

asus aorus offer 12 +8 in front. most of them offer from 4 to 8...

yeah because not many care about having wifi as the main net...

why? amd offers a great 2 way cf and maybe a decent 3 way cf..

meanwhile nvidia doesnt offer anything above 2 way sli anymore.. and on the lower bracket 1060 and below you CANT even do sli

also something people havent noticed...

ryzen wont be able to run decently for months in linux(they are currently writing a new sub for the ryzen smt) and the alc2200 sound chipset isnt supported on linux atm
>>
>>59173897
>not many have WLAN
you don't seem to know what that means

fuck off tech illerate
>>
>>59173897
>no Quad Channel memory
Not board manufacturers fault. Zen desktop CPUs have only dual channel memory controllers.
There are boards with 2 of those and in those which don't you can install a cheap PCIE to M.2 card that allows you to use NVMe PCIE SSDs. It doesn't even require any chips on it iirc, it just wires the M.2 slot into PCIE.
Do you really need like 20 USB ports? Besides hubs exist.
>not many have WLAN
You can add a PCIE/M.2 card for that or just buy one of the board models that have it integrated. Onboard WiFi in stationary computers is for normies who fear cables and need to save money by not buying a separate good quality WiFi NIC. If you're someone buying X370 this probably doesn't apply to you.
>nowhere nears as many PCIe slots
Zen doesn't have that many PCIE lanes, PLX chips are expensive, SLI/CFX sucks for gaming. The reasons why you would want a shitload of PCIE slots are GPU bitcoin mining rigs (for which buying X370 wouldn't be cost effective), running multplie PCIE SSDs or interface cards like 10Gb ethernet or additional USB3.1 ports. People who actually need this already are on X99. People who don't will have their needs fulfilled by X370.
>>
File: giga.png (1MB, 1742x1121px) Image search: [Google]
giga.png
1MB, 1742x1121px
>>59180270
The reinforcement is supposed to provide more strenght to the slot, so it can support the weight of heavy graphics cards
>>
>tfw OEMs aren't making boards with several thunderbolts
>>
File: Awoo.jpg (201KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo.jpg
201KB, 1000x1000px
>>59180270
It has "GAMING PRO" that lights up with rgb on the board. People will see the reinforced PCIe and go "OH JA I NEED THIS".

AMD people (kids) will eat this shit up.
>>
>>59173897
See guys this why you don't ever pre order a CPU. The first mobos always suck. Wait for a board like Asus's god-tier x99-deluxe.
>>
why would you need more than 10 usb ports?
>>
I preorder the asus prime x370

Did I fucked up? I mean will it support 3200mhz ram?
>>
>>59182144
dumb moeposter
>>
High end boards are a fucking meme. They never have the extra features to justify the price increase.

I'll be getting this for my Ryzen
>>
>>59174096
>Nothing for it but using a case that doesn't have a side window really.
I still need to somehow not die from vomiting my guts while assembling pc or opening it for maintenance.
>>
>>59182014
I've never had a pci slot become damaged because of a heavy card. In fact, the cards themselves sag first.
>>
>>59176221
Just use some old piece of shit graphics card you have lying around then.
>>
>>59182314
>the painted traces from the CPU touches the first two SATA ports and DIMMS
>traces from the FCH touches the other four SATA ports, PCI port, and PCIe 1x port
That's pretty neat, it's an offhand way of showing which slots/ports are directly connected to the CPU.and FCH
>>
>>59182732
Yeah, I would want some give to my pci slots because the cards sag NOT the pci slot. Having a metal PCI slot is asking for trouble.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.