[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV Budget Sound Options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: surround-sound11[1].jpg (240KB, 1140x746px) Image search: [Google]
surround-sound11[1].jpg
240KB, 1140x746px
Audiofags:

What is the /g/ approved TV budget surround sound setup?

I have a 65" Samsung LED, it has great picture, but I'm a total pleb when it comes to audio. I'd like to spend no more than $300 for a decent sound setup that doesn't have me cranking the volume up and down for whispers and explosions.

What do you guys think about soundbars? Meme? Curious to know your thoughts.
>>
>>59173302
>What do you guys think about soundbars? Meme?
Meme.

In your case, probably go for headphones.
>>
>>59173339
Sorry, I should have specified that this is for both my wife and I.
>>
>>59173517
$300? Tough. So I assume you live in murica, I don't really know the market over there.

What's the room size about?
>>
>>59173537
Bretty small, it's like 13 x 10
>>
>>59174167
meters? Actually that rather big for a $300 sound system.
>>
File: 1480354706871.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480354706871.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
>>59173537
honestly start going to goodwill and stores like that

people donate tons of sweet speakers and sometimes you can come across a complete steel

got 5 yamaha speakers (left right center and rears) all for $40

subwoofer shop around for that one, thats mostly up to preference and for a reciever i like yamahas for the sound quality and price, denon is up amazing but expensive

get a refurbished yamaha rx-v379, cheap and it works fantastic

that should get you started up
>>
Check out the wiki at r/hometheater
>>
>>59174258
Sorry, American freedom feet
>>
>I'd like to spend no more than $300 for a decent sound setup that doesn't have me cranking the volume up and down for whispers and explosions.

What the hell does the latter have to do with the former?
Explosions are supposed to be loud, they're fucking EXPLOSIONS.
What you're asking for is called dynamic volume control and is the exact opposite of good audio.
>>
sound bar would be ideal for someone who wants a simple, and clutter free solution to better sound, but not making sound quality a priority.

I personally would get together enough money for 1 pair of decent bookshelf speakers (~$100) and a receiver to power them (~$300), and build on from there later on.
>>
>>59173302
lsr305
>>
>>59175071
>sound bar would be ideal for someone who wants a simple, and clutter free solution to better sound, but not making sound quality a priority.
Ok so this is exactly what I want. Basically the built in tv speakers are complete shit, and I just want something that has the kind of quality where I don't have to turn the volume up to 100 just to hear the whispers in a movie.

Someone else said soundbars are a meme, so I'm concerned that it's a waste of money, but if I truly don't care about surround sound is it """good enough"""?
>>
>>59176597
>and I just want something that has the kind of quality where I don't have to turn the volume up to 100 just to hear the whispers in a movie.

I already told you this has nothing to do with the speakers, idiot.

Whispers in movies are supposed to be quiet, because holy shit whispers are quiet!? Try whispering right now.

What you're looking for is entirely software based: dynamic range compression AKA volume normalizing or loudness equalization
>>
>>59173302
Honestly if it can't do a single solitary voice accurately, it isn't going to matter how many speakers you have.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.