[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it make you feel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 17015651.png (455KB, 1024x410px) Image search: [Google]
17015651.png
455KB, 1024x410px
How does it make you feel?
>>
i'm confused how adding a poop filter to your photos was a $1 billion idea
>>
>>59161333
I still dont even know what instagram is, how how its any different from all the other social media garbage out there.
>>
>>59161333
Why would this make me feel anything?

Sounds like too much money to pay for something like Instagram, but the valuation would be much more tied to the number of users it has, since that determines how many users your admen can serve ads to, and if they have a gorillion users with only 13 employees, they've obviously built a very lean, efficient, and scalable infrastructure. So both of those things are valuable, but a billion seems like too much.

But that aside, I'm not a Facebook shareholder or an Instagram user, so why would I give a damn whether Facebook acquires them or how much they pay?
>>
>>59161347
likewise, i have no idea whether all these companies that suddenly become huge out of nowhere ever considered this would happen, or was this their plan all along. i mean, there must be people dumping a lot of money into trends/bubbles which may or may not stick. it's easy to say "these guys got shit rich with their simple as fuck idea, anyone could have done that" but how can you know if that's what people want or not? i, for one, have no understanding of what the average josephina sees in any of this shit and it sometimes freaks me out.
>>
>>59161347
>i'm confused how adding a poop filter to your photos was a $1 billion idea
Virtual lego (aka Minecraft) was worth 2.5 billion
>>
>>59161395
>they've obviously built a very lean, efficient, and scalable infrastructure
a single person can do this(and probably did)

especially considering instagram content isnt exactly something anyone would flip shit over if it failed or was purged
>>
>>59161422
>i, for one, have no understanding of what the average josephina sees in any of this shit and it sometimes freaks me out.

large companies dont know either, and they cant afford to take any risks. much easier watch a small company get popular and buy them out.

hell, i don't even think your typical joe knows why they like the shit they use. they mostly just bandwagon what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>59161431
>a single person can do this
Sure they can... if they enjoy burn out and having their mental health destroyed.
>>
I feel indifferent
>>
File: 1408433205620.gif (1023KB, 265x260px) Image search: [Google]
1408433205620.gif
1023KB, 265x260px
>>59161486
wait, you think it's impossible for an individual to build a picture sharing platform without having their mental health destroyed in the process?
>>
>>59161527
Yes. If you didn't have such a childs understanding of "picture sharing platform" you would too.
>>
>>59161347
>>59161422
It isn't the idea in and of itself that warranted the valuation, it was the fact that the company was taking users away from Facebook. They purchased WhatsApp for a ridiculous valuation for the same reason, to retain their userbase.

When companies are sufficiently large they need to buy companies to stay relevant. They couldn't reply on Facebook alone and expect to stay in business.

If you want to make money, then compete with Facebook's userbase and eventually they will buy you out provided you are successful.
>>
>>59161333
> How does it make you feel?
Zuckerberg knows how to launder his company's money.
I bet Instagram CEO paid some part of those money back to Zuck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.