[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on cisco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cisco.jpg (28KB, 964x409px) Image search: [Google]
cisco.jpg
28KB, 964x409px
my community college teacher has been shilling these guys pretty hard. what does /g/ think about cisco?
>>
>>59158278
something about open source
>>
>>59158278

Botnet
>>
They're compromised by the NSA

Probably willingly since they're scumbags
>>
>>59158278
Overpriced, shit customer support, actual WAP performance is not that great.

Biggest problem is support. Every fucking question I have they try to shill me off to one of their retarded partners/integrators. Getting responses back from their actual engineers/salespeople is like pulling teeth.

Their WAP performance is really not that much different from Ruckus and Aruba, and both of those have other advantages, including price and form factor.

Form factor is a big deal as I am part of an extremely large design firm and no client ever wants to actually see technology, which means things like WAPs tend to be hidden.
>>
Your teacher is probably paid by Cisco to get you to do their program. They literally get paid for graduating students out of their "academy"
>>
>>59158406
yes that's what is happening. the entire course is based on the cisco network academy, and the reading material is all online through cisco netcad, even though the course is teached in person at the community college. oh and we use packet tracer more than actual netowrking equipment
>>
>>59158430
just use GNS3 and study by yourself.
>>
>>59158278
They basically own the entire networking market. If you want a good networking certification that every employer will trust and respect, get your CCNA.
>>
>>59159173
>They basically own the entire networking market
it seems you have been in a time capsule for a few decades. Welcome to 2017, friendo!
but in all seriousness, CCNA still does hold some weight if you learn the material.
>>
>>59159236
"Cisco continues to control a third of the enterprise infrastructure market and remains in a league of its own, despite a variety of challenges," said Jeremy Duke, founder and chief analyst at Synergy, based in Reno, Nev., in a statement.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.