[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>heh robots wont take your job within the next 10 years >heh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: heh.png (492KB, 844x480px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
492KB, 844x480px
>heh robots wont take your job within the next 10 years
>heh we are at least 20 years away from robots being able to do manual labor
>heh
>>
>>59154439
heh must suck to be you
>>
File: MAGAFeels.jpg (145KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAGAFeels.jpg
145KB, 601x600px
Weren't robot created to do manual labour in the first place?
>>
>>59154476
>tfw we are a month into the Trump administration and there still aren't any new jobs

Heh. He's gonna bring the jobs back. R-r-right guys?
>>
Call me when robots can slug 80-90 lbs bags of cement mix up 5 flights of stairs all day.
>>
>>59154699
OK I'll call you in 2 years.
>>
>>59154699
Literally not long.
>All day
You talk as if the robot will get fatigued like a human or something lol.
>heh
>>
>>59154439
He's a solid 5 years from actually being useful
>>
>>59154745
lol theres gonna be so many riots. My god. Just imagine the smell.
>>
>>59154439
Millons dollar robot,only work on lab conditions with dozens experts checking.

Best place for robots in next 20 years, are on factory.
>>
>>59154779
Are you one of those people who think that robots make job disappear?
>>
let me know when these robo-faggots can do more than 2plate
>>
I think we're all going to have to come to grips with government issued cheese. because the robots are coming for our jobs. there will still be robot operators and enginerds and mechanics but robots will replace a huge percentage of the labor force. Frankly I'm glad I got an arts degree because in 25 years thats what most people will be doing. We've obviously surpassed a level of economic efficiency that allows people to be lazy and not work, its only a matter of time until the majority of people fall into that category.
>>
>only 10lbs

fucking weak fag
>>
>>59154699
uhh its called a service elevator
they've been around for hundreds of years
>>
>>59154797
they won't use humanoids in a factory, assembly lines and wheeled robots are cheaper and more reliable.
>>
>>59154967
riiiiiiiigght

and how, pray tell, will a person acquire goods in this new society? where shall his income originate from? what will happen to the people who have amassed massive fortunes? Will they just give that up? How will the uneducated poor get anything?
>>
yep. ai will achieve better than human intelligence by 2039, and be a serious threat to jobs in only 5-10 years
>>
>>59154797
>>59154996
>that's a nice job you have there

>mind if I sssssssslide in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
>>
>>59155086
yep, that's exactly why BD made that thing
walking robots have advantages, but on a factory floor wheels are far better
>>
>>59155103
I'm sure the quadrupedal ones will have their own purposes, especially with how small they are now, but you do have a point

Let's put those on wheels too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVCmN0bkso
>>
>>59155039
unconditional income
It would be like that failed proposed legislation in Switzerland where everybody would be given a very small income every month. The idea being that most people would want to still work and there would be less poverty

I think it makes sense and it will be necessary when manual labor isn't a human job. Most people will still have jobs that cant be replaced by robots or automation, but the huge portion of the population that are displaced by machines will be mostly living off their government income, probably supplementing a lot with odd jobs and creative work.

In the future there will be less "real" work available than there are able minded workers to do it, of that I have no doubt
I'm pretty sure we've already surpassed that milestone, considering that we keep growing everywhere and there are more and more people that don't contribute all the time
>>
>>59155174
A big advantage of a quadrupedal being is moving through rough terrain, it would be pretty pointless to put wheels on it
>>
>>59155194
That's not a completely off the wall idea, but it has problems. As you're saying, most people receiving a free wage would be able to live off it, not comfortably though. That being the case, most people would not work if they were able to live off of a free wage. Therefore putting all the stress of funding such a program on the ones who do work. This will only serve to make a huge class divide and incite conflict at the same time.
>>
>>59155236
Not really no

>more legs give more stability
>doesn't have to be engineered as hard to balance
>broader frame is more suitable for transport, handling or other uses
>could still possibly walk and climb depending on the mechanism, as well as jumping while rolling

At that point it's effectively a car with legs, but still
>>
>>59154439
you'll need supervisors to watch over the robots and logistics

the moneys who do the heavy lifting will be out, bottom feeders
>>
>>59155299
they already make robots that are 4 wheeled with scissor lift platform and onboard conveyor belt.
>>
>>59155269
yeah I think the Swiss were being pretty damn optimistic when they proposed that bill. I think a lot of people would sit on their ass and only spend what they were issued and not a penny more. However I believe this type of model is unavoidable in the long term.
We probably need to overhaul education before people can even be comfortable with the idea of not working to make enough money to eat and sleep inside. There are other meaningful ways to contribute to society that a person can explore when they have the kind of free time an unconditional income could afford
>>
>>59154699
>Call me when robots can slug 80-90 lbs bags of cement mix up 5 flights of stairs all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
>>
>>59155505
option 1) give a bunch of worthless people a lot of money
option 2) have less people

which one makes more sense? 2

robots must be eradicated
>>
>>59154797
This already happens but not with robots that can walk because it's useless for warehouses.
Anyone that does manual labour in warehouses will lose their job if not already.
You only need couple tech guys instead of lots of people.
>>
>>59154699
>what are elevators

Dude, most residential elevators can take up to 2500 pounds or more.
>>
>>59155615
>option 1) give a bunch of worthless people a lot of money
if everyone else around you is increasingly worthless, what makes you better?
>>
>>59155651
>what makes you better?
perhaps nothing, which is why we need to destroy these fucking robots
>>
>>59154439
>implying my job is lugging around crates
>>
>>59155667
I wasn't pointing out that flaw to be an ass, though it was baited

If we're going to be living with robots, (we will), and if we're going to be living with AI, (we will), there's no room for meritocracy anymore.

We're all becoming increasingly obsolete.
>>
>>59155505
There is plenty of work to do however who will currently pay for it is the problem, funding is a big problem.
Infrastructure is a mess at some places here and nobody wants to invest because it doesn't earn more money, there are also non profit orgs to work at.
>>
>>59155716
what flaw? what I said was totally consistent, you just randomly took something out of context and made stupid implications
>>
Robots are good at other things than humans.

But things all humans are good at, are pretty much worthless skills because everyone can do them.
>>
>>59154799
They aren't moving Tyrone from the warehouse hot to robot maintenance. But no, I guess a job still exists.
>>
>implying i'm scared of some dyel robot
>>
>>59155779
Can't do them for 24 hours a day
Can't do them perfect
Can't do it for less then food and shelter cost

Guess what can.
>>
>>59154562
Wall building requires many men. Let's just hope mexicans are a minority, those fuckers are like roaches.
>>
The "robots are going to steal everyone's job meme" is getting old, CGP Grey.

>Humans won't have jobs because robots will make robots that make robots that make robots infinite regression! It makes sense guise!

>Robots will start taking everyone's job, so even though companies will have nobody to sell their products to and will lose money, they're still going to replace their human employees with robots because I failed out of university and need this to come true

>The luddite fallacy doesn't matter, economists don't know what they're talking about!

>The current definition of technological unemployment doesn't matter, economists don't know what they're talking about!

>muh AI will make everything different please believe me guise, technology is gonna replace jobs it's gonna be different this time.

>guise please

>guise I don't want to work please
>>
robots taking peoples' jobs is a shitty meme perpetuated by the unemployed
>>
can u fuck it though
>>
>>59154699
> all day
Robots never get tired.
>>
>>59155615
nah mate, less useless people now. Eradicate the humans. CLANG
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.