[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Display replacement on New 3DS XL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: hero-new-3ds.png (220KB, 416x446px) Image search: [Google]
hero-new-3ds.png
220KB, 416x446px
Goddamn that name, first of all.
Anyways, so I bought a "New Nintendo 3DS XL" and the bottom screen broke recently. I'm looking around online for a replacement touch screen, and they range $30-$40. But I see tons of screens for the old Nintendo 3DS XL for much cheaper. My question is will the old 3DS XL LCD screen work on the New Nintendo 3DS XL? They both appear the same dimensions. I don't need the digitizer, mind you. Just the display.
I posted this question in /wsr/ but I wasn't sure if this kind of question is more suited for here or there.
>>
>>59145160
Oops, I meant "I don't mean the digitizer"
>>
>>59145160
There is a general here called /sqt/ stupid questions general if you ever have anymore questions.

I recommend you don't. The old 3DS XL has 3 buttons at the bottom while the new has one big one. I'm not 100% sure but it may not slide into place or work properly when you try place it in.

3DS New also has a better IPS display
>>
>>59145160
Call Nintendo customer support and ask them, they're pretty good and will probably know, but I will say screen replacement/dealing with the ribbons in the 3ds is supposed to be a nightmare.
>>
>>59145622
I've dismantled my own original 3DS before, and yeah, they're a pain in the ass. Ribbons for days. I had to buy my New 3DS XL because on my original 3DS one of the ribbon clamps broke, which eliminated the top screen. I haven't seen the inside of an og 3DS XL, just the new one. I just don't want to sink $85 sending it to Nintendo when I can do it for cheaper myself.
>>
>>59145858
That and don't want to buy the old screen just to plug it in and suddenly fry my hardware and have to drop more to buy a new system
>>59145570
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>59145910
Not him but not all of the new models have IPS displays, and it's a bit of random chance whether you'll even get just one. I have a Monster Hunter Generations N3DSXL that doesn't have any IPS screens at all.
>>
>>59145570
>3DS New also has a better IPS display

Nah man, you have to win the lottery to get IPS. Seems totally arbitrary. I bought mine with a TN screen, sent it in for a dead pixel, and it came back with an IPS.

>>59145858
As great as clamshell designs are at protecting screens, holy mother in heaven does the ribbon cable wreak havoc. It's not so much threading the needle as it is ensuring there's an angle of insertion of precisely zero at the ZIF connector. I've never replaced the screen on a 3DS, but if the GBA SP is anything to go by, it's gonna suck.
>>
>>59145160
>>>/vg/hbg
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.