[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OC Zen leak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

>“Overclocking hasn’t been a problem at all. Although we can’t announce specifics regarding frequencies due to NDA I can say that the results are impressive and overclockers will be pleased”

>“With our overclocked 1800X sample cooled by the Noctua unit AMD provided in the reviewer’s kit we managed to surpass the 7700K in single threaded performance and the temperatures were great. We had no concerns about the temperatures.”

>“You can achieve a good overclocking result with one click and you don’t even have to bother with manually overclocking/tuning.”

>“It seems ironic yes, but with an auto-overclock the 1800X has no competition. Not even Intel’s 10 core 6950X can keep up with it.”

>“According to the performance we’re seeing we can say that the 7700K will be history, even for gaming.”

From donanimhaber, the same site that leaked Bulldozer being junk.

GET
HYPE
>>
>>59144942

It's been around for more than 3 days

get out of your cave for once
>>
>>59144952
I've seen it, but I haven't seen much more than a few posts talking about it on /g/.
It's mostly been that one guy with a 1700 that 'only' overclocked to 4.1 talked about.
>>
>>59144942
Just got out of my cave and I'm fuckin' hyped!!!
>>
>>59144973

>with a 1700 that 'only' overclocked to 4.1

obviously, because the VRMs were shit on the board and they used the stock cooler

going from 3.4 to 4.1 is still a good jump
>>
>>59144973
I don't know why people are even mad at that, it's a $300 65W CPU and its base clock is 3.0, that's a good 35%+ OC

Maybe people want a another 50% Nehalem overclocks? Doubt it's gonna happen, base clocks are far higher nowadays.
>>
Damn Intel
Rip
>>
That Biostar boards supports those RAM sticks just not with their advertised speed.
>>
>>59145040
Higher clocked memory on a memory controller only supporting 2 tier lower speed has not been a problem for over a decade.

>IMC supports 2600MHz memory
>still put in 3200MHz overclocked memory everything works fine
>>
I want manual OC results, I don't give a shit about auto-OC'd Ryzen vs. stock Intel. Is literally everyone stupid? No, they're just shilling and hyping.
>>
>>59145086
You think manual OCs gonna do worse than auto OC? If it's passed 7700k in ST it's already over 4.5, pushing a 8 core over that is already gonna be difficult
>>
>>59145114
No, I don't. But I want to see manual 7700k vs manual Ryzen 1700.
>>
>>59145124
I have serious doubts of 1700's reaching 4.5, but I guess it's possible with good enough cooling, heat is Zen's OC limitation, not the pipeline.
Still, a 1700/1800X will reach it at a lower voltage.
>>
>>59145040
Biostar is a shit brand right?
>>
Will 1400x overclock just as well if it's the same chip, but just artificially crippled?
>>
>>59144942
> mfw there are no AM4 bracket for CoolerMaster V8
Those kikes just want me to shell out another 20 EUR for a compatible cooler ;_;
>>
>>59145232
All of them make shit, that's part of the race to the bottom.
Who makes the best motherboard for your budget is still unknown, it can be any of them.
>>
>>59145247
who cares its not comin our for 7 months
>>
>>59145271
>CoolerMaster V8
Lol, this thing is a joke.
>>
>>59145247
Try and understand the binning process. If one set of cores doesn't work, it's not being sold as a 1800X no matter how magically awesome the other 6 are.
So what I expect is that each tier of core No. is subdivided into the greatness of the remaining cores.
So get the highest-end part from each core count group for the best OCs.
>>
>>59145296
Served me a good six years . It's a 'gaymen gear', but its performance is good.
>>
>>59145204
A good sample with disabled cores might reach 4.5.

Silicon lottery is ridicilous, I've seen chips reach 4.6GHz on 1.2v core the same SKUs reaching 4.3 on 1.25v

Luck of the draw, you'll need more than one sample.
>>
>>59145282
>7 months
>end of Q2 is 7 months from now apparently
STOP THE FAKE NEWS
>>
>>59145282
more like 2.
>>
File: 1.png (249KB, 528x837px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
249KB, 528x837px
What do the runes in the 4th row from the bottom say?
the low fps suggest a GPU bottlneck. How can there be such a big difference between CPUs then?
>>
>>59145609

>Literally beating Intel in clock for clock in nearly EVERY SINGLE GAME

Intel lost the gaming, enthusiast and content creators in just one generation...
>>
>>59145609
>the low fps suggest a GPU bottlneck. How can there be such a big difference between CPUs then?
Because of the cores, 6800k is 6 core, those games apparently use more than 6 so the FPS difference is large.
>>
>1800x OCs great
who the fuck cares about a $500 for fucking gaming
tell me about how the 1700x and the 1700 overclock you dumb pajeets
and fucking quick because my country retailers are running out of fucking ryzen
LEAK SOMETHING USEFUL FFS
>>
>>59145826
dumb gaymer poorfag
go 1700x now fuck off
>>
>>59145997
>go 1700x now fuck off
Not without benchmarks and reviews about how well it OCs
>>
>>59145609
Civilization6-DX12-MinimumFPS
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.