[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moto g5 BLUNDER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

>DAT bezels
>DAT shitty colors
>moto g2 looks much superior
>prices same as Nokia 5 & Samsung J5
>>
It is lenovo niow.

It's complete garbage. Do not buy. Abandon ship.
>>
>>59144084
>>59144125
actually it costs the same as a Nokia 6 & that phone is almost flagship tier
>>
>>59144125
This
That's the reason it doesn't look close to phones from when it was an independent or backed up by google company, from now on it will all be just generic chinesse crap
>>
>>59144084
The SD625 is fantastic though and that stock Android goodness. It even has the same camera as the Galaxy S7 for fucks sake, I'm getting it for sure.
>>
my G4 Plus is fucking fantastic, I'm so sickened
>>
They haven't made anything flagship worthy after the X Style. And even that phone isn't perfect. Lenovo sucks.
>>
>>59144084
stop spam advertising your garbage
>>
It looks like shit.
>>
I don't get it.
Besides the questionable look, what's wrong with it?
I haven't been keeping up with smartphone specs in the last couple of years. Is this bad for the price?

What other alternatives do we have for that kind of budget?
>>
>>59145764
Lenovo potential spyware.

Other chink shit.
>>
>>59145802
>Other chink shit.

Such as?
>>
>>59144504
Well the Moto G line has never aspired to be flagship-tier.
What about Moto E? Has a new one come out? They're usually cheap and sturdy
>>
>>59144084
Overall, I thought this was a good upgrade to the absolute branding blunder that was the G4 series.

Honestly, G4 Play? Foreplay? Was I the only person to spot that?

Three things that irk me about the design - absolutely massive camera bump, the "moto" branding on the front, and the position switch of the power button and the volume controls. Especially the button switch.

Once a case is on the phone, the camera bump should be far less prominent.

Of course, now that Lenovo make the phones, they are gonna be backdoored to hell. Any phone manufactured in China is backdoored now, and there is no avoiding that.

Otherwise though, what isn't to like? It's basically a Nexus 5 (with less CPU grunt) at a cheaper price point. Mostly aluminium build, rather than the majority of plastic in previous Moto G phones (incl. the G4). The only downside I can see compared to my G2 is the lack of dual-front-facing speakers - it's a trend that sadly died out.
>>
>>59145802
>>59146090
>muh botnet
There's custom roms for a reason
>>
>>59146090
>Any phone manufactured in China is backdoored now
Even the phones made by non-chinese companies but manufactured in Chinese factories like Foxconn?
>>
>>59146234
iphone is nsa backdoored, thanks to the tight QC
>>
>>59146246
Yeah, but about chinese spyware...
Is it present in non-chinese phones manufactured in chinese factories as well?
>>
>>59146170
Well, exactly - especially as Lenovo, and Motorola before them have not had a good track record with OS updates.

But the method of backdoor is at the firmware level, and cannot be fixed by installing a custom ROM. At least, as far as I know.
>>
Considering my phone is the Galaxy avant, about the same as a g3 with the former having a shitty camera, I could go for a new phone. It just bothers me personally since I'm a poorfag and just want it. My phone works though, I'll be on the look out for flash sales like last years g4
>>
>>59146090
Oh - and one last thing, though this is a personal preference.

Remove the fingerprint reader, and put in another speaker. In terms of case design, etc. It should be cheaper to do than to put in the fingerprint reader.
>>
>>59144084
>Logo on the front plate
Dropped
>>
>>59146792
Unless you buy a Nexus or the Pixel phone, every manufacturer has this now. Sony, Samsung, HTC, Alcatel and Huawei just to name a few have all used branding on the front of their phones.

Whilst it would be a marked improvement to remove the branding from the phone, it isn't exactly worthy to be "dropped".
>>
>>59146792
Bezels and this paired with Lenovo pretty much put it off of my list. Rather bite the touchjizz bullet and go for an A7.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.