[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i plug the subwoofer in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: subinput.jpg (107KB, 891x501px) Image search: [Google]
subinput.jpg
107KB, 891x501px
Moved into a new house has an existing Bose system in the ceiling i have the speakers working but i need to plug the sub into that purple input is there a special cable i can order? i figured a Y RCA cable and then some banana plugs for the speaker wire would that work? please help getting annoyed.
>>
File: sub cables coming out wall.jpg (16KB, 279x468px) Image search: [Google]
sub cables coming out wall.jpg
16KB, 279x468px
>>
god damned, dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIPVIvy4ckU
>>
>>59142422
nice bait

Looks like you need an amplifier for the sub, OP
>>
>>59142024
>>59142029
Grab a proper speaker wire to rca unit. Check ebay and amazon. They should be very inexpensive. Few bucks or something.

>>59142507
The op pic is an amp.
>>
>>59142569
>The op pic is an amp.

that amp doesn't power the subwoofer. it powers the mains, center, and surrounds, but not the subwoofer.
>>
Does your sub have RCA connection?
>>
if all you have is a passive sub, then you'll need an amp - something like this (in mono mode)

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-apa100-class-ab-stereo-amplifier-60-watts-per-channel--300-590
>>
>>59142024
https://amzn.com/B003FVYXY0
>>
>>59142422
>speaker wire to rca unit
thanks anon this was all i needed to know looks like my sub might be passive though so going to need an amp now
>>59142652
thanks will get
>>
File: cable.jpg (111KB, 1049x617px) Image search: [Google]
cable.jpg
111KB, 1049x617px
>>59142732
Not expensive enough.
>>
>>59142024
Probably a digital output. You need a subwoofer amp if your current sub doesnt have a digital input.
>>
>>59142891
> ref=cm_sw_su_dp
reported for advertisement.
>>
>>59142732
>ref=cm_sw_su_dp
nice try samefag advertiser/referrer
>>
>>59143604
Why shouldn't he get paid slightly for linking the correct item to buy? OP didn't want to use google clearly.
>>
>>59143632
enjoy your ban jew.
>>
>>59142816
If you want to go super cheap you can look for used power amplifiers from old component systems. I got a Kenwood KM series amp with 125wpc output for $20 not to long ago from a pawn shop specifically to convert to an amplifier for a vintage passive sub. You can use a generic RCA cable between the two amps and just connect the sub to a single output channel.

It's essentially the same thing you'd do with the posted dayton part, except the amp I have doesn't support bridged connections.

HOWEVER:
It's possible those cables are connected to the "high level input" of a sub panel. Many powered subs have these and are designed to be connected with your main speakers in series and just extract the low frequencies from the outgoing signal and convert it internally to something the amp can work with.
Can you access the other end of those speaker cables?
>>
>>59142569
OP pic isn't an amp, it's a receiver.
and >>59142652 is right. if your sub is passive you'll need to either replace it or get an amp just for the sub. But don't get shit like >>59142652. Too expensive for the crap quality. Either go decent, or go to a pawn shop.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.