[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Android OS updates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Why was android created with such a terrible OS update path? I can't think of any modern technology that has such a fucking awful methodology of upgrading to a new OS. Why can't they change this to just allow people to plug their androids into their computer, go to google, and update to the newest OS? There are millions of phones out there still running fucking Kit Kat.
>>
>>59140841
But you can do that.
>>
>>59140851
It depends on the model/company. Also I'm talking out of the box plug and play, not jail breaking or other methods that only a small percentage of people would do.
>>
It's more a function of Google still having any modicum of control than anything else. By turning over control of updates to OEMs, the OEMs will continue to use Android. Otherwise, they'd probably just make their own OSes for their own brands and try to force everyone to use their own walled garden of apps, which would lead to segmentation akin to the vidya industry circa 1979.

And after the inevitable struggle, one or two victors would emerge and we'd have the same paradigm we have now.
>>
>>59140986
Why does every single brand computer have the same version of Windows that has the same update schedule no matter if it is a ASUS or Dell or something you made yourself?

I don't understand why it is so terrible for androids - why do the OEMs create their shit android skins?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.