[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can see connections being blocked by Peerblock but I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: bittorrentconnfwd.png (242KB, 1542x786px) Image search: [Google]
bittorrentconnfwd.png
242KB, 1542x786px
I'm using Peerblock to prevent IP from certain regularly-updated lists to spy on me.

What I find strange is that while using uTorrent I can see IPs from "uk government department for work and pensions", "Xerox Corporation", "root S.A.", etc. but in the same instant I see them pop up on Peerblock I can't see them on the peer list of my only active torrent. For example, 51.37.37.117 (uk government department for work and pensions) wasn't on my peer list on the bittorrent client in that particular instant. Why is that? The souce port (blacked in the image) clearly states they're connecting to uTorrent.
>>
Maybe that's because Peerblock blocked those?
>>
>>59139553
>Peerblock

It doesn't work. Either find a ISP that doesn't care, pay for your shit, or pay for a VPN.
>>
>>59139622
Thank you! I didn't figure it out! I *really* did not!

> in the same instant I see them pop up on Peerblock I can't see them on the peer list of my only active torrent

Why?
>>
Noone can reply?
>>
>United Kuckdom
>>
>>59139553
>Peerblock
Placebo.
>>
>>59140205
Is this all what you're capable of saying?

Can you even reason? Can you think of a reasonable answer and write it? Damn!

Okay, you got your cookie too.
>>
>>59139553
uTorrent is shitware, use qBittorrent

beyond that maybe they are scanning or communicating to a backdoor in the software (or probing for one) that doesnt match torrent api, so it refuses their connection, or maybe their software for looking at what you are downloading probes you and does the same just to make sure you are real and not a proxy

most of that stuff that hitchhikes is kikeware for filing requests to your ISP to try and get money out of you, or sell your information/show what your IP has torrented by url gaming and fearmongering that it will show you downloaded big busty horses 2 or something

>iknowwhatyoudownload as an example of this
>>
>>59140253
Sorry if my one word post made you so mad.

Peerblock does do what you think it does. It will not protect you. Companies and people who are attempting to find you aren't going to be stopped by a list.

>regularly-updated lists
This is not going to protect you. If you want to protect your IP address from companies so you can torrent then you have a few options. All of them will cost you money.

Read the wiki or search TorrentFreak or use Google to find your own links if you want a list of options. Or keep using those "regularly-updated" lists, because I have a feeling you won't even bother to prove to yourself how useless Peerblock really is.

Good luck!
>>
>>59140379
This

also, turn on wireshark, what do they exchange
>>
>>59139553
>regularly-updated lists
Like that'll stop MI6
VPN or Die
>>
>>59140407
I didn't ask how to protect myself. I know it isn't enough. I never said the contrary. What I was asking was:

> in the same instant I see them pop up on Peerblock I can't see them on the peer list of my only active torrent

Why?

And maybe I figured it out. Maybe it's because the peers' list update rate is as high as to not catch that ping coming from that IP, which lastes very few milliseconds.

>>59140379
Thank you! Finally a good answer.

>>59140478
Thank you too. I will do it.

>>59140508
Yet another shit-answer.
Here's your cookie!
>>
File: ws.png (77KB, 1533x917px) Image search: [Google]
ws.png
77KB, 1533x917px
>>59140379
This is what I get with wireshark.

Can you help me understand?
>>
File: unnamed.png (91KB, 741x493px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
91KB, 741x493px
>>59141118

does this still happen with both torrent off or on?
what is listening to that local port, the torrent?
looks like a lot of chit chat to me for a blocked IP address, just saying, look at all that traffic.

im not sure about how to analyze the Data, but a Layer 7 IP filter isn't exactly doing much, if thats what ur program is doing
>>
>>59140549
>>59140478
>>59141118
(sorry 4 late reply, busy irl)
this looks like a partial stream, but from what little plaintext data appears decoded it says ip6 id2 nodes208

>>59141412
i would start at decoding popular methods of compressing like gzip if its not plaintext like that one pic

i am pretty interested in what there is to find through this stuff, like if you get probed by some stuff looking for backdoors (they do really exist in torrent clients) and start probing other people connected to random torrents yourself and find responses, you would be onto something pretty major, then identifying what client they are on (some clients do advertise what they are running) - and then you could ask someone to crack them open with ida and give it a searching for whatever the strings are that triggered the response - i dont think that these clients floating around are just mining ip addresses connected to torrents that is way too benign for the jews behind the scenes
>>
>>59139553
You're an idiot. When uT tries to connect to something it shows up in the list. It doesn't connect, so it removes it from your peer list after it times out. Your torrent client gets a list of peers from the tracker, so when it pops up in the torrent client it doesn't pop up in PG because it didn't make a connection (that got blocked) yet.
>>
>>59141682
he knows that peerblock blocks it, i think he wants to know why they dont show up with peerblock off and what they are doing, hence why he was able to show us a wireshark pic of one of the IPs in question purportedly
>>
>>59141712
>>why they dont show up with peerblock off
>uT sends torrent connect request to previously blocked peer
>peer sends torrent connect close
>uT never shows it
It show up with Peerblock on because it never gets the close request, so it's waiting for the timeout.
>>
>>59141737
op can also test that by making note of an ip that is blocked and restarting the torrent client to log the data coming in and telling us if they still don't show up in the list
>>
>>59141412
when PeerBlock is active wireshark doesn't capture anything at all. That capture was captured when I disabled it.

It is only with the torrent client open.

Also, see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/5wesfs/is_peerblock_a_scam/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.