[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Blogging Engine/CMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: wpvsghost.png (127KB, 1456x1092px) Image search: [Google]
wpvsghost.png
127KB, 1456x1092px
What does /g/ think about the great Ghost vs. Wordpress debate? Are there any blogging engines or content management systems that are better in your opinion?
>>
>>59138925
Mezzanine
>>
>>59138925
Just generate static html files without JS and minimal CSS embedded.
They load ridiculously fast.
>>
>>59138925
https://getgrav.org/
>>
>>59138925

Just make your own. I'm making my own right now from HTML. Unhackable(unless you hack my host) web pages, super quick, no bullshit PHP or MySQL do deal with.

The largest con to it, I can't have people post to it. Could be a disadvantage to some.
>>
>>59139054
This
Or just built your own website using straight forward frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or ExpressJS, no fancy front end JavaScript so it's fast, use session and token based authentication so it's secure, maybe compile Sass files into minified .css if you want to get fancy. Use basic CRUD operations with post put etc
>>
>>59138925
Shove Jekyll in a repo and put a pull command in a cron job. Blogging done.
>>
I mantain a personal blog in Hexo, I like it.

I'm also working on my own markdown to static html site generator using my custom markdown engine.
>>
The best blogging engine is a dairy because no one gives a fuck what some internet retard thinks.
>>
>>59139215
>no fancy front end JavaScript so it's fast.

are you retarded?

unless all you're displaying is your faggy blog, you're going to need javascript unless you like page loads to do literally anything dynamic.
>>
>>59138925

I used WordPress for my Father's construction business. It's easy for his admin people to edit shit and they don't have to call me every week like they did when it was just HTML/CSS.

I don't mind it, it does the job. I would never use WordPress for my own sites, but like I said it saves me a lot of time when dealing with normies.
>>
>>59140214
Using javascript to have little dynamic elements on your page is one thing.

Using a Front End framework is totally different, the amount of overhead React, Angular or Vue add to a website is insane.
>>
>>59140214
A simple js file can do the job for a blog, it's not like we're building Angular2 app
>>
>>59138925
Tumblr then turn off tumblr integration so logged off viewers can't see its hosted on Tumblr.
>>
Wordpress has come a long way for what it does.

If you dont install shady plugins and have good all round security it works fine.

Sure it uses more ram, but its easy to use for the everyday person who just want to have a simple to maintain site.
>>
>>59140291
no they fucking don't.

there is no overhead to talk about. once the DOM is parsed and done, angular, react, Vue, or others work just fine at displaying dynamic content without any performance issues.

I test many of these things on a fucking Acer C720 Chromebook, probably the slowest laptop in the world, and the sites load fast and are responsive.

the only 'overhead" is when all the sick transitions and animations kick in.
>>
>>59140751
>once the DOM is parsed and done

Yes anon, I'm talking about the overhead before that happens, the extra time required to download the js libraries and to run the code to generate the DOM.

That 0.1 to 0.2 seconds of overhead you are adding by using this frameworks can be lethal in some contexts. For example someone finding your blog on google.

About a 8 months ago I was working with a company, they had the "brilliant idea" of creating very dynamic landing pages using React, they where beautiful, but that slight loading speed hampering was a problem. 2 months later we changed them by a simpler and more server-side system. Result: 19% more engagements.

>Acer C720 Chromebook
I'm pretty sure I can find a lot of crappy Android phones running on shitty networks that are slower than your laptop. And that's something you have to take into account when designing your websites.
>>
>>59140885
>That 0.1 to 0.2 seconds of overhead

so? that's literally the amount of time it would take to get a new templated page form some shitty retarded Web 1.0 server.
>>
>>59141041
No it isn't.

And it's exactly because of dumb engineers like you that I make a living as a consultant fixing stupid mistakes people like you make.
>>
>>59141120
sure you do buddy.

people are so psyched to see shitty server side templating and waiting for RTTs in 2017.

ok kid.
>>
I'm a total noob. Is SquareSpace alright for building a website?
>>
I just write up some static stuff in Go (Hugo) and then dump it into an S3 bucket. It's easy as fuck and setting up CI/CD is simple
>>
>>59141151
No
>>
>>59141151
SquareSpace is the Walmart of DIY website builders. Avoid it like the plague as well as shit like Wix.
>>
>>59141151
Get cpanel hosting and create your own static or install a cms. Cheaper and you will learn more this way.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.