[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I abandon Python for? JavsScript?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Geisha.jpg (102KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Geisha.jpg
102KB, 640x426px
What should I abandon Python for?

JavsScript?
>>
asm
>>
HolyC
>>
>>59134470
>>59134509
>>
Don't. Python is the best high-level scripting language out there.
>>
>>59134529
I don't like print()
>>
>>59134529
>using high-level languages
Brainlets aren't allowed on /g/, mate.
>>
>>59134543
...Why?
>>
>>59134529
What is node. It's basically nu-lisp with a ton of libraries and a interacts easy with the most prominent gui framework (html5 + css)

Python is great but if you not using it for a specific scientific or ml library you might as well use node.
>>
>>59134543
then write a wrapper function that lets you print how you want and reuse it everywhere
>>
>>59134551
>not using the best tool for your problem
I want fizzbuzz pros to leave
>>
>>59134551
Please go to your /dpt/ containment thread.
>>
Lua
>>
>>59134554
It's awkward to movie my ring/pinky up to () after typing 'print'. They also removed .index and .find on unicode objects. and other irritating things I can't remember.
>>
Anything that isn't Rust, doesn't begin with a J and doesn't end with a #.
>>
>>59134679
I'm not even sure why op would consider Rust, Java, or C# as a replacement for a general purpose scripting language.

>>59134678
You really only have Lua, Ruby, Python. Lua being the most efficient, ruby being the easiest to write in, and python being an unhappy medium between Lua and Ruby.

If you want to be a meme you could use Erlang or Scheme.
>>
>>59134440
>2017
>not knowing javascript
it's like you don't want to get a job
>>
>>59134851
JS is one of the most unproductive languages though. If you use it outside a browser, then you're a complete retard.
>>
>>59134866
what should I use instead? python? JS is perfectly fine outside browsers , fuck off
>>
>>59134953
>what should I use instead? python?
Yes.
>JS is perfectly fine outside browsers , fuck off
No it isn't and you would know if you wasn't such a failure of a webdev.
>>
>>59135099
>js isn't good outside of browsers
You may have been employable in 2010
>>
>>59134798
Yeah, I think I'm just going to stick with Python. I made this thread mostly to shitpost. It's not worth the time to learn Ruby, Lua, others. and learn all the community shit that goes with it

Maybe JS, but I still find ES6 a pain to work with.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.