[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackintosh wooo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Z.jpg (5KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
5KB, 274x184px
FINALLY SWITCHED TO

macOS Sierra

FUCK WINDOWS 10 :D :D

Why don't you abandon Windows and join the hackintosh masterrace anon?!

Its the superior botnet. There is literally no reason to use windows unless you are an unemployed video game addict.

Can't wait to become 3 times as productive (3*0) :D :D !!
>>
How well does hackintosh run?
are there any issues? is it slow? How much space does a clean install need?
>>
>>59131380

runs like a charm

all depends on your hardware i guess but most intel based systems are compatible

worst part about it was getting the sound drivers to work .. spent 3 hours on this shit but the solution was super simple

clean install is around 10 GB i'd say cause i installed and downloaded some stuff already
>>
>>59131407
OK cool cause I have a laptop i don't use much, which has 24 GB SSD and 500GB HDD or something. Might just install in on the SSD then. How did you fix the driver issue?
>>
>>59131465

you have to research your components really well to find all the specifics about them and then research the solutions

i cant give you an aswer cause its different for everyone

Laptops are an entirely different story. Im on a desktop.

Just .do some research to figure out if its possible for you.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>59131407
>runs like a charm
>>
tfw triboot, Tfw I use windows for games, and mac and linux for.... nothing.
>>
>>59131518

mad Wintoddler

>>59131555

thought about Triboot aswell but i just wont install Windows because its a waste of time

idk what comfy distro im going to use alongside memeOS
>>
I use Gentoo, I don't use shit.
>>
Wifi doesn't work and I'm too far away from the wire.
>>
>>59131621
>i use utter crap, not shit
>>
>>59131364
>There is literally no reason to use windows unless you are an unemployed video game addict.

>tfw cad

No, fuck off with your cloud Fusion 360 bullshit. I need Windows.
>>
File: 8osspXj.jpg (54KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
8osspXj.jpg
54KB, 480x451px
>windows
>mac os on a non apple PC

Why the fuck aren't you just using Linux anon? Fedora with KDE is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>59131808

macOS is the best UNIX based distro tbqh
>>
>>59131871
For hardware support reasons I wouldn't recommend running it as a hackintosh though.
>>
>>59131518
you're just lying to yourself if you think a hackintosh can ever be as stable as a stock Mac. tell me about how much you sweat and scour the tonymac forums every time there is a point update.
>>
>>59131871
>unix distro
>>
using a haswell build with a somewhat old AMD GPU

runs really well. Once you figure out what may be wrong (and at the moment, I don't really need to do anything because I was retarded enough to apply a fix I didn't need) if there's something specific that doesn't work, it's smooth sailing. You might have to reinstall everytime there's a big release, but that happens once a year and there's no reason to update right away (nor are you forced to, like with some other company).

I can't say it just werks, but it has been less of a pain than for instance, Xubuntu these days.

Also if you're a thinkfag and have one of those x220s and you don't use hackintosh on it, what the fuck are you even using it for you worthless being
>>
>>59132818
This might be hard to think about, but I never experienced a system update breaking anything particularly, unless it was el cap to sierra.

No really, not even running that multibeast tool again. No need for that.
>>
>>59131364
>lmao use the hackstrapped OS it won't crash every update goy
Wrong
>>
File: you_activated_bitch.jpg (73KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
you_activated_bitch.jpg
73KB, 702x1024px
>on /g/
>not an unenployed video game addict
>>
>>59133543
so it breaks once a year, with the possibility of breaking 5 other times for each point update. not to mention it'll probably break real hard with the APFS update.

yeah, absolutely not worth the time.
>>
>>59131364
> hackintosh
> unless you are an unemployed
Who except unemployed have time to fiddle with this shit?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.