[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automation, help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: probably on holidays.jpg (102KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
probably on holidays.jpg
102KB, 1000x666px
Hello guys

Let's see I am thinking of coding a program that reads info from a database in mysql online (user+password) and based on the information creates a PDF with it like a report.

I know that PERL would have capabilities to do so, but I'm looking for other options that perhaps could be other than a script such as a compiled code that can do the job by requesting the info from the database and ID of the objects, i.e. to do a batch run a several jobs in the database. That way I can protect the code better than a simple script.

Any ideas? Recommended language? pros and cons?

Stay cool
>>
>>59130650
Right chick has a Wi-Fi antenna coming out of her tit.

Does she come with batteries included?
>>
>>59130781
>not running doom on your gf
>>
>>59130650
1) collect your data
2) template data to some code template that compiles to PDF/Postscript or equiv (TeX comes to mind, pandoc markdown -> TeX also would likely work, probably various HTML -> PDF drivers as well)
3) compile above to PDF/Postscript

it's not that fucking hard. you're basically making a website, but your final display is a PDF.
>>
>i.e. to do a batch run a several jobs in the database

I actually decided to read your whole post after commenting and I now realize you're a completely clueless moron.

anyhow, it sounds like you want a DOA/ORM that can map your table spaghetti into objects.

my first post still stands on how you can do it.
>>
File: x23olxt.gif (1MB, 232x200px) Image search: [Google]
x23olxt.gif
1MB, 232x200px
>>59130781
>had saved the pic two years ago and never seen the antenna.

>>59130821

TeX seems a good option. I was more worried about the language capability of connecting to SQL and how to do it. Also protecting the code.

>>59130932
batch run is a fancy word in the sector I work, most of the people don't have a clue about programming, some known matlab :DDDD, and see them repeating the same tasks manually day after day. I am like a guru there, knowing various meme languages.
>>
>>59131081
virtually every language likely has a MySQL driver.

if you want safe MySQL, used prepared statements only or something like knex.js which builds queries for you.

ORMs are also an option since most people abuse SQL to store literal object dumps anyhow.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.