[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 46

File: stupid-questions.jpg (33KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
stupid-questions.jpg
33KB, 400x273px
>>
How accurate is this?
https://www.skelleton.net/2015/03/21/how-to-eliminate-spam-and-protect-your-name-with-dmarc/#dkim_adsp

Reading elsewhere I get the impression that it's not merely setting what to do with unsigned emails, but that it also checks what domain it's from or something (I'm confused).

Will I encounter issues if I use the option "all" when ProtonMail is the email server?
>>
I'm trying to set up windows 95 in virtualbox, but the installation takes too long and I can't run games with it for some reason.

Is there such a thing as preinstalled images people share online - someone installs it properly, puts the image on piratebay, and than others can use it? Or is this not possible?

I'm new to this and I and I'm not sure what keywords to search for, so I can't find anything.
>>
File: 1380508165016.png (127KB, 302x371px) Image search: [Google]
1380508165016.png
127KB, 302x371px
>>59129017
Does thermal paste lose it's capacity over time even if it's been in the tube? I have a tube of Arctic MX4 I bought in 2012 that I've been using whenever I reseat my heatsink. The cap is always on but recently my temps are becoming shittier and shittier. Is the paste "going off"?
>>
Are video games and user interfaces of stuff like steam, origin, xbox dash, nintendo home menu, ps dash, etc all just types of complicated programs?
>>
>>59129548

I don't think so. I've been using the same tube of AS5 for 12 years. True story.
>>
File: 18d7n5248z1kgjpg.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18d7n5248z1kgjpg.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
Does computer glasses really work? or make a difference?
Or is my optometrist trying to scam me?
>>
Where's the best place to buy used laptops? I'm thinking about picking up just something basic and cheap for when I travel, just enough to handle smooth web browsing/YouTube playback/shitty low requirement old games.
>>
>>59129686
Bias lighting will alleviate much more eye strain if you work at night.

I suppose that for ridiculous extended work on computer they would help by filtering out blue light. But whether its really that important I don't know.
>>
I bought a new laptop and want to transfer some files (mostly music I have and want to carry in case I'm working @ uni)
I'd like to transfer them using my home's LAN, but speeds seem to be surprisingly low (Window's sharing utility is slow and spiky, using D-LAN I can transfer 2 MiB/s in a stable speed rate). Thing is, I would need like half the time to re-download the files but don't feel the need to.
Any recommendation? Maybe using a cross-over could help me? Both systems are running Windows and Linux, so no problem with that
>>
Is anyone else experiencing clicking/popping sounds with the last pulseaudio update? I have them on both debian and arch, trying different earphones
Is there a chance that this is a problem with my pc hardware?
>>
>>59129719
>Bias lighting will alleviate much more eye strain if you work at night.
I usually work in a well lit environment.
>blue light
Doesn't it only effect circadian rhythm?
And how does filtering blue light? the lens would be yellow tinted.
>>
>>59129764
I'm basing all of this off some junk I read a very long time ago about "Gayming glasses". I know blue light affects sleep patterns. I might be confusing blue light with UV output from monitors, but I don't think its unreasonable to suggest blue light might cause more eye strain than warmer shades of light even in well lit environments.

Do you actually have eye strain or is your optometrist just suggesting this because you told him you work at a computer all day?
>>
should be just a yes/no:
>>59129549
>>
Why does this work with http but not https?
you can add a dot after every domain name and it will still work
like:
http://www.4chan.org./g
with the dot after org,
but with https it doesn't work
why?
>>
>>59129549
>>59129846
yes, what else would they be?
>>
>>59129839
>eye strain
Not sure, I use a laptop a lot like 5 hours a day, but I only get neck pain or butt pain.
I got my eyes checked, the left eye if fine.
The right eye need +0.25 degree spherical lens and -0.25 degree cylindrical lens.
The optometrist asked what I do for work, and suggested the "computer light filter".
>>
>>59129017

what the fuck is a pajeet
>>
>>59129961
brown man who poops on the street
>>
Made this thread before this one was made. Anyone have insight on this (non linear editing)?
>>59129441
>>
>>59129936
Fix you neck pain and ass pain first I would think before getting light filtering glasses. Fix the most immediate problems first to maximize your comfort and productivity. Ass pain is probably because of your chair, get something with very firm foam that doesn't crush all the way so you are sitting on the support board.
Neck pain is probably posture related from looking down too much, maybe try raising your laptop so you look directly at the screen.

Afterwards if you can get prescription glasses that filter out light then great, but 0.25 is very small so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
>>
How can mpv cause CPU temps to reach 100 degrees Celsius while at the same time KSysGuard show it only using like 3%?

Is this magic?
>>
>>59130032
Thanks anon.
The ass pain because of bad foaming as you said.
The neck pain is the lack of support.
As for the glasses I already got it, though the optometrist told me this "you'll regret not ordering the computer light filters, Mr. anon."
There's some glaring from the inner side of the glasses, but I'm told you'd take a week or so to get used to it.
>>
>>59130103
Sounds like he's memeing on you hard. Rather spend money to fix immediate problems. You should test your eyes every year so you'll have another opportunity to order a new pair with filters. Your prescription may have even changed and you would have spent that extra cash for nothing.

t. Worn contacts since grade school, +8.5 here
>>
>>59130064

get an intel cpu
>>
>>59130211
>test your eyes every year
Why people still propagating this myth.
>>
>>59130241
It is an Intel CPU you mongoloid.
>>
File: shit.png (25KB, 355x82px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
25KB, 355x82px
I'm trying to rotate some scans in Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. But every time I do so they get these jagged edges, throughout the entire image. I never had this problem before, but admittedly, I scanned at grayscale instead of color, which I usually do.
I don't want to go and re-scan ~75 images, is there a way to fix this, or do I have to redo them?
>>
>>59130249
that literally cannot be a myth
>>
>>59130348
You need to examin your eyes only when you're not seeing well.
>>
What is the best way to transfer content from one computer to another using wifi/adhoc?
>>
>>59130390
you only need to check for cancer when you notice cancer symptoms

a-am I doing it right?
>>
>Have windows 10 via the free windows 7 upgrade
If I do a fresh install will my windows key require me to install windows 7 rather than windows 10
>>
>>59130421
FTP/HTTP server.
On the same network?
>>59130427
Yes.
Even BSE proved to be useless to detect breast cancer.
>>
>>59130534
yeah, but how to setup it
>>
>>59130571
what OS?
>>
>>59130587
Win (10)
>>
Computers been locking up/turning off without warning sporadically. I'm not sure if it's two different problems or the same. Maybe drivers or my PSU.
>>
>>59130605
miniweb.
Just run it, and you'd get an IP adress insert that in the other computer web browser.
The miniweb must be run with administer permission and from the folder you'd want to share.
Or you can use windows built-in share service.
>>
Is this tool enough to block away all of the Windows 10 botnet stuff?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
>>
Easiest way to download audio from youtube?
>>
>>59130700
Thanks Anon!
>>
>>59130912
http://www.youtube-mp3.org
>>
How do boards (GPU, CPU, RAM, MOBO etc) work?

Like, there's this green plaque with metals on it, and somehow it stores/receives/sends/processes zeroes and ones that output on the screen and you see stuff woooah
>>
>>59130912
youtube-dl -x [link]
>>
>>59130889
use blackbird.
>>
Tell me one (1) reason why should i waste my time and learn vim or emacs instead using a normal editor.
>>
>>59130916
You're suppose to express your thanks with an image of your fetish.
>>59130956
youtube-dl -x --embed-thumbnail --audio-format mp3 [link]

Sometimes the audio will be in webm container.
>>
>>59130979
Interesting
>>
>>59131002
>--embed-thumbnail
wat
>>
>>59131047
you need the atomicparsley package though.
>>
Does anybody know any websites that will stream Oscars tonight?
>>
File: hp-spectre-x360-lid.jpg (17KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
hp-spectre-x360-lid.jpg
17KB, 775x500px
should I buy this laptop? It is the HP Spectre x360
>>
>>59131331
If you can afford it.
Still i would choose xps 13
>>
Best budget mech keys?
Currently on a Microsoft wireless.
>>
>>59131365
i read some review that said the xps 13 wasn't as good as a 2-in-1. I've heard it's very good as a traditional laptop.
>>
Can the US version of the Galaxy7 be rooted?
>>
Is it worth it merging your internal memory with your SD card? I hate not being able to access the external storage through FTP, but it seems to me if for some reason the card was disconnected everything would corrupt to shit
>>
>>59129936
>+0.25 and -0.25
Doesn't this like, even it out?
>>
>>59131414
Anything can be rooted, just look deeper
>>
how can i get a chePer laptop
>>
File: 1989.png (67KB, 1920x973px) Image search: [Google]
1989.png
67KB, 1920x973px
Why on some pages i have something that looks like a css fuckup? Clearing the browser's cache only works sometimes, and i don't have any other fix besides having two browsers.
>>
I deleted a tiny .txt file on a hard drive about 3-4 months ago.
I've barely used the hard drive since then.
Is there any chance of recovering the file at all?
Google says a tool called Remo Recovery can help, but no clue if it'll work.
>>
>>59131686
I experience this too. Some sites are also permanently broken, even on two different browsers.

It's almost like the web has cancer or something.
>>
Is addons like Disconnect, is needed when NoScript and UBlockOrigins are installed?
>>
Just bought an s7, does that thing about completely charging and then draining the battery on you phone when you first get it still apply to modern phones? Currently at 2% finally, and wondering if i should charge it or kill it then charge
>>
>>59129549
Yes, they typically use a display program like DirectX, .net, or openGL to put images on screen.
>>
Do you guys know of any free software that manipulates the sound/pitch of microphones?

I have an usb adapter that allows me to plug my electric guitar into my computer and I have fun listening back to it as I play, but I want to distort it and do weird effects in real time.

All I know about is Audacity and I can only process changes to what I record after the fact.
>>
>>59131789
Neither Disconnect, NoScript, nor uBlock Origins are necessary when you have uMatrix.

Unbloat yourself.
>>
>>59130458
No, you can install windows 10 with it.
>>
>>59131853
You can do that in sound settings on any OS.
>>
>>59131873
TempleOS?
>>
>>59131408
Cooler master quick fire series
>>
Is it bad if an external HDD is almost full, e.g. only 5GB of 3TB left?

I've heard that somewhere but it might've been bullshit.
>>
File: 1473621879518.jpg (293KB, 1628x532px) Image search: [Google]
1473621879518.jpg
293KB, 1628x532px
Can somebody explain to me what is the difference between regular access and root access?

Android and Linux
>>
>>59131873
i'm on windows 7 and I can't find anything like that
>>
>>59131910
Regular access doesn't allow you to do potentially dangerous theings, like install programs, modify system files, and change user permissions. Root can do all that.
>>
I forgot pass for Facebook and gmail, also I don't use cell phone where gmail wants to send me an control code(so I don't have the number where SMS comes), is there an way to enter that Facebook and to delete account and pictures
>>
>>59131925
Open the Microsoft volume mixer, select the device, properties and you can bring up quite a few adjustments.
>>
>>59131906
On an SSD it can prevent wear leveling but with an HDD it can exacerbate fragmentation
>>
>>59131960
I don't really care about speed since it's just a read-only data grave.
I'm talking physical wearing, does it wear out quicker then?
>>
I have this shit mobo laying around and I want to put it to use, would a Q6600 work on it? The CPU support page doesn't mention it, but does mention the Q9650.
https://www.asus.com/br/Motherboards/P5SD2VM/HelpDesk_CPU/
>>
>>59131938
>Regular access doesn't allow you to do potentially dangerous things, like install programs, modify system files
How?
The api?
What kind of program would work on root but not normally
I want to understand precisely what the limitations are
>>
>>59131853
You probably need a vst to do that. There are some free ones, google "pitch change free vst". There are other vsts for other effects.

I think Audacity supports VSTs, but it's a hassle. Download VSTHost for them or any DAW.
>>
>>59131984
It shouldn't
>>
>>59132041
K
>>
File: 1486978539195.gif (2MB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1486978539195.gif
2MB, 680x583px
Is the GTX 1060 the best graphics card for under 300 bucks I can buy right now? Should I wait a few more months until there is a better option in this price range?

Haven't browsed /g/ since I bought my last card (GTX 760).
>>
Just saw that the 7700k is 300 dollars at microcenter, is it worth it to get one of my american friends to buy one and ship it to europe.

it will be like 200 dollars cheaper then buying it here.
>>
>>59132001
why does this have to be so difficult? has this idea of sound input modification never been thought of before with digital sound?
>>
What's the recommended e-reader?
I had been looking at the Kobo Glo HD, but it's no longer listed on Kobo's website, so I think it may have been discontinued.

The Aura has similar specs, just a lower resolution screen. Is 200 DPI vs 300 DPI noticeable?
>>
My computer freezes 10-20 minutes into any game I try to play, the display freezes but the fans and shit keep running.

What is most likely my problem?
>>
>>59132416
check temperatures
>>
>>59132416
Graphics card overheating maybe.
>>
How safe is it to buy parts from ebay to build a simple pc that would be used for vidya goldfarming bots?
>>
>>59132454
>>59132455
I've been trying to keep an eye on them while in game but they never seem outrageous.
>>
Can somebody post the image of the inconsistent Windows 10 title bars?
>>
K9 mail keeps telling me invalid credentials when trying to add my gmail. Is it because I have two step verification?
>>
>>59131721
if you haven't used the HDD much since then, you can probably recover it
"deleted" files still stay where they were on the hard drive until the computer wants to use that space to write something else, so if you haven't saved much to the HDD it may still be intact
>>
>>59131910
similar to regular vs administrator access in windows
>>
>>59129017
I was thinking of doing a virtualized pc build where I run linux and virtualize windows for games. I know I need an intel cpu with vt-d, but now that Ryzen came out I know nothing about what to do there. Would Ryzen still be good for this kind of thing?
>>
File: FB_IMG_14794876365425144.jpg (263KB, 720x621px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14794876365425144.jpg
263KB, 720x621px
Whats the best free/opensource video editor? Movie Maker is no longer avalaible but also was shit.
>>
File: dick.jpg (54KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
54KB, 720x480px
It's barely related to this board, but I'll try asking here.

So, a "waterproof" electric shaver almost died on me. After charging it it would no longer turn on at all and plugging it wouldn't do dick. So I decided to check the manual and there are some indications on how to disassemble so you can take the battery out. However it says "If you dismantle the shaver yourself,
it will no longer be waterproof.". So I decided of course, to disassemble it. Just took the battery out and put it back, then reassembled.

Thing is, there was nothing that could indicate that if I opened it the thing would be prone to get more water inside than before I tinkered with it. Is that just one of those warnings they give to silly people who don't know how to use a screwdriver or am I really missing something here?

BTW, now the thing is working.
>>
Beyond the chipset, does the motherboard matter when overclocking?

Got my 4460K to about 4.7 GHz @ 1.4 V. I think that's a bit disappointing?

That was on an Asus Z87-Pro, which was a pretty middle of the road Z87 board (I think). Would e.g. better VRM have helped me get better a better overclock?
>>
When I start cities skylines, my ram usage shoots up to 7GB, even though the game itself only uses 2.5

Even after I close the game there's several GB unaccounted for in the task manager, even swap is being used. The game doesn't work either, I can see the menu and sounds and even building roads everything works, it's just all black.

GPU is an r9 290.
lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290/390] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290/390]
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 32
Memory at b0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=8M]
I/O ports at e000 [size=256]
Memory at fe300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [58] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
Capabilities: [150] Advanced Error Reporting
Capabilities: [200] #15
Capabilities: [270] #19
Capabilities: [2b0] Address Translation Service (ATS)
Capabilities: [2c0] #13
Capabilities: [2d0] #1b
Kernel driver in use: radeon
Kernel modules: radeon

Using ubuntu 16.10. So what the hell is going on? Somehow I fear the radeon driver uses RAM instead of the memory on the graphics card. Please send help.
>>
A few nights ago I was doing homework and I plugged my flash drive into a USB port on my case. My computer immediately turned off when I did that.

After I rebooted, it wouldn't recognize any USB components. Even the direct motherboard ports don't recognize anything USB related.

Is there any chance it's repairable, or should I just RMA it before I waste any more time. For reference, my case is a Corsair Carbide 600C and my motherboard is an Asus Z170-A
>>
Good cheap external HDD case for 3.5" format? Would like USB 3.
>>
>>59133263
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707311&cm_re=startech.com_3.5-_-17-707-311-_-Product
>>
File: 1474814509575.jpg (275KB, 919x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1474814509575.jpg
275KB, 919x1190px
>>59129017

is there a lightweight siteblocker for chrome-based browsers that loads a custom image instead of the page i've blocked

i want it to load vargs face everytime I try to watch porn
>>
what is some easy-to-use mining software?
>>
>>59133364
Thx.
>>
>>59132619
They use something like a special glue or just a lot of force when they assemble those things to make them waterproof. It's the same thing with watches, if you remove the battery yourself they can't fully provide it's water proof anymore.

Since you're dealing with electricity here I wouldn't take the risk. I don't think it will be deadly if it somehow shorts, but what if the battery explodes and you're missing a finger? I believe you have 3 options:
>rma the shaver, tell them you fixed it but you only want it to be waterproof again so they can glue it or whatever
>use the shaver outside the shower
>buy a new shaver
>>
>>59132275
pls send help
>>
>>59133536
I'm going to wait for the next iteration myself. This is all up to you though.

No VR on 1060 though.
>>
What DE works for side taskbars?
>>
What does /g/ recommend for screen cleaning? Would water and a microfibre cloth be good enough?
>>
Is it possible to use two active internet connections on one machine? So I could be using Torrents via wireless from a neighbour's house while gaming on my own wired connection?
>>
I have both a Gmail and an Outlook mail adress.
I would like to be able to choose which of these two email accounts I use when sending an email through the gmail web interface.

Is this possible and if so, how would I do it?

Example:
I want to use the Gmail adress to send professional e-mails in my real name.
At the same time I want to be able to send anonymous emails using my outlook adress without having to log on to the outlook web interface.
>>
>>59132275
AMD's RX 480 smokes the 1060 for less. Don't buy a 1060, it's not a good value. Also important to note that the 3gb 1060's are built on a different GPU and are far, far worse.
>>
I enabled vi-like key bindings for the fish shell now have literally no idea how to set it back to the default
someone help me out? it's not set in the config file for fish, and i only ran it once now it stays as default??
>>
>>59133692
I dont think you can do that from the gmail interface. You can do that easily from mozilla thunderbird though.
>>
Will placing styrofoam on my doors absorb sounds?
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 1186x173px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 1186x173px
>ask question before going to bed
>only receive one reply besides myself
>it's this
>on /g/
>>
>>59133762
completely depends on the house, where the noise is coming from and where you dont want it to go.

Probably not though, no.

If you're making the noise try to do it under a fuckton of blankets.

If it's not you get some earplugs
>>
What's the best program to stream films to my ps4? Tried UMS, did not work (didnt work as ps3 media server either years ago)

Saw Plex shilled at one of the sites, but it smells like a scam to me, anyone tried it?
>>
>>59133828
My door is hollow on the inside so it lets a lot of sound out. Would be neat to stop it with couple of styrofoam slabs.
>>
>>59133809
It's all you deserve.

kys
>>
>>59133762
Styrofoam doesn't deaden sound.
>>
How stupid is it to buy a used radiator? Found a great deal on a koolance 360mm rad.
>>
>>59133937
My friend insulated his house with styrofoam and there is pretty noticeable effect.
>>
File: e.png (477KB, 1877x703px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
477KB, 1877x703px
>>59133809
Looks fine to me
>>
>>59133963
Depending on the shape, they could have an effect.
>>
>>59133562
>>59133699
thanks for the answers
>>
>>59131985
up
>>
>>59134019
Get latest BIOS to add support, might not work from box if thats ur only CPU for that socket,
>>
>>59134081
But it will work? Because my concern is that the CPU isn't on the supported list
>>
>>59134175
>isn't on the supported list
Because it was added AFTER launch, read the BIOS readme and see for urself.
>>
>>59133658
>Is it possible to use two active internet connections on one machine?
Sure, even the Z170X comes with two (2) NIC's

>So I could be using Torrents via wireless from a neighbour's house while gaming on my own wired connection?

For that you'd need a gateway with deep packet inspection capabilities, are are not cheap or complex sometimes,
>>
>>59134214
B-but the page includes the Q9650 that is newer... Anyway, I saw that the motherboard got a overclocked FSB, what does it means?
>>
hope you guys can help with this
if i run any program with dmenu, say steam for example, it doesnt let steam use firefox
but if i run it via terminal there is no problem
another thing, i can run dmenu from terminal and it wont give me any problems, its just when i use keybinding for dmenu that i have assigned in sxhkd it acts weird
>>
Is upgrading the hard drive in my laptop as easy as I think it is?
I've got a thinkpad x220 with a pretty small mechanical hard drive. I've got arch installed.
My understanding is that I just have to
>buy new drive (say a 2TB ssd)
>plug drive into external enclosure
>boot into clonezilla live disc
>clone everything over
>expand partition/create new partition for the extra space
>swap the hard drives
and I should be set there, right? Should I be worried at all about the hard drive's lifespan?
>>
>>59134271

i think thats how my grandkid used to OC his locked P4 chip, but that OC's ur RAM too
>>
>>59134313
orrr, skip all that cloning shit
>>
>>59134356
I'd rather not do a fresh install.
>>
Would anyone recommend me a really good step by step guide for building a computer, for someone who's completely new?
>>
>>59133392
bitcoins?
dont be retarded
the money you make is less than the cost of electricity to run the computer
>>
Why is almost everyone developing software exclusive for 32x when 64x is faster and more efficient?
Are they lazy?
>>
>>59134391
Not him, but unless its a new coil thats worth like 50cents, probably not worth
>>
I was given a new SSD and want to take my OS from my old SSD and throw it on the new one.

How do I go about doing so? Is there migration software that /g/ would recommend or how do I do this?
>>
>>59134414
rewriting everything costs money and you annihilate a part of your customers.
>>
File: just like legos.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
just like legos.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>59134374
>>
>>59134374
>buy case, psu, mobo, cpu, gpu(?), and any extra accessories (hard drives for example)
>plug cpu in to mobo following instructions that came with them
>put psu in case
>put mobo+cpu in case
>don't forget the standoffs
>put gpu in mobo+case
>plug everything in to psu
>plug case cables for external usb, power, etc into mobo
>man you really should have gotten some zip ties this cable management is a mess
>oh well
>>
>>59134330
>grandkid
>>
>>59134462
>turn it on
>doesn't turn on
>realize you forgot the ram
>go to local hardware store trying to hide your embarassment
>buy ram
>wrong ram retard
>go back to store
>spill spaghetti
>sell everything on craigslist
>buy a mac
>>
>>59134422
clone your drive if ssd is larger.
>>
>>59134462

Thankyou, anon.

A major issue for me is sound and heat. I'm going to have to keep my computer in a room which gets quite hot, will it make much difference buying a high-end cpu fan and case fans, or is that entirely for overclockers?

Is an i7 going to make a huge difference to me as as moderate gamer (I'd like to play Witcher 3 1440p) rather than an i5?
>>
>>59133939
>>
File: 1475519174567.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475519174567.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
I need to extend my router signal to the other side of the house. Right now there is a repeater, but it's a shit solution as I can experience (and as I have been told) because of signal interference.

These are the options I know of so far.

>connect the router to the Repeater through ethernet cable and have it act as Access Point
>keep Repeater getting wireless from Router and connect it directly to pc (not a good solution, I think)

Which solution would be best? Does the signal interference no longer bare any influence if I use the repeater in AP mode?
>>
Why does my laptop get shitty internet from the same router as my towerpc? I changed the speed from 20 to 100mb a few weeks ago with the same provider but now the laptop gets really shitty internet.
>>
>>59134772
And i mean wait about 4-5 minutes for a 13mb doc. shitty
>>
File: 1486336459603.png (192KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1486336459603.png
192KB, 600x399px
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KNQjsJ
plz bully
>>
>>59134854
save up a few more months and get something decent.
>>
Will my FX 8350 (I know I know) bottleneck a 1060?
>>
File: 1487683595424.jpg (39KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1487683595424.jpg
39KB, 750x728px
>>59134875
this was already over budget
>>
>>59129017
is an i5-4690 a good upgrade from an i5-4460?

>>59134881
Most likely not.
>>
>>59134854
>>59134905
what do you want to do with it?
>>
>>59134932
run ps2 emulator and browser porn
>>
File: 1431968342459.png (506KB, 749x502px) Image search: [Google]
1431968342459.png
506KB, 749x502px
Any chance to verify a google account without giving them my mobile number?

All the virtual number sites require a phone number or credit card themselves.

>inb4 burner sim which costs money
thanks
>>
>>59134922
for how much? I wouldn't spend more than 20$ for that "upgrade"
>>
>>59134963
I like how this post is sad an pathetic at the same time
>>
>>59134977
I could use my google phone number and tell you the code

want to try?
>>
>>59134772
where u from
do a speedtest online and see + compare
>>
File: 1480782088933.jpg (43KB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480782088933.jpg
43KB, 856x480px
>>59135010
im a simple man.
i just want a computer. tired of running on a 6 year old laptop.
>>
>>59135055
sure, post number.
I can give you my PGP key in case you don't want other anons to read your number.
>>
>>59135081
Is it worth going from a noctua NH-U12P to an H110 AIO?
>>
What's a good desk microphone? Price isn't really a problem
>>
>>59135221
no, these things are terrible.
louder than a good air cooler for 1-2C better cooling.
>>
>>59134854
At this point I would just buy old Core2Quads or Xeons and get a better performance per price.

>>59134963
>emulating on AMDs
I'm sorry.
>>
>>59134854
Do yourself a favor and get any i3 that isn't gen 1 instead of this shit.
>>
Tips for starting a podcast?
>>
>>59135417
be interesting
>>
File: 1483896320353.jpg (330KB, 1017x579px) Image search: [Google]
1483896320353.jpg
330KB, 1017x579px
>>59135290
>>59135248
am i underestimating the price of this shit or am i picking the wrong shit.
>>
>>59135172
1-2814023870
>>
I've got a work laptop as compensation for no pay that is admin locked on a lot of functions. Is there any way to get full functionality on this laptop other than reinstalling the OS?

I'm a tech babby, so not even sure how to do that properly; last time I messed it up.
>>
I was stressing my GTX670 to see what's causing it to crash, i was reading gpu-z values to monitor.

I observed the TDP jumping to 170%
(afaik it should be around 100-110% during normal usage, and max seems set to 120%, but drivers try to limit it close to 100% as possible)
and the PerfCap Reason change from Pwr to VRel VOp
and VDDM changing from a stable 1.0 to 1.7,
followed by the freeze/crash im experiencing

So for some reason this has a random chance of "going to happen" each time the system boots/reboots,
say i' can't happen at all, and you can play games for hours without ever giving a fuck about it or if its gonna happen,
as soon as the gpu reaches a point it will crash, usually in a few minutes of intense usage.

Best example happened today, i booted up the first time to try out the ghost recon wildlands beta, and the crash happened within a few minutes of playing, after enduring a few minutes of intermitent freezing, i managed to reboot the system through windows.
After this i hanged around the Event Viewer for a while to find out some nvlddmkm errors with id's 13 and 14 (Google didn't help much as it seems a rather generic error event issued by the drivers). I ended up booting the game again, and i went the whole evening without it happening again.

My power supply is a corsair tx850w, so power shortage isn't happening, since the psu is probably a bit overkill for a single gpu system.

The question is, where's the issue exactly coming from? Is it a GPU fault or another component like the PSU or Mobo?
>>
>>59135514

leave the domain first thing after u login to admin
>>
>>59135531
no password for admin?
get something like hirenbootcd onto a USB and reset it
>>
>>59135531
It's password locked...
>>
>>59129017
Why does computer needs meat to run?
>>
>>59134854
>FX4300
Turn off the sound and appreciate the beautiful bottleneck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4M2sR-5BM
>>
>laptop is connected to wireless internet
>browsing is fine, but it won't actually download anything
>when a file starts downloading it's extremely slow or doesn't load at all
What should I do?
>>
>>59135527
ok, now it keeps happening without any of those values being confirmed, idk what to look at now, any ideias? At this point i'm almost sure its a gpu fault, but i wanted to make sure im not spending money getting a new one only to find out it was not it.
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 683x265px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 683x265px
>>59135481
It's pointless. I'll buy a throw away sim or something.
>>
>>59135450
G3258 and overclock the hell out of it.
>>
So I restarted my desktop after doing a disk cleanup and it gave me "bootmgr is missing". I popped in my Windows 7 install disk, repaired, and booted it again.
It is currently stuck on the "failure configuring windows updates. reverting changes" screen.

Anyone know if these take a long time or is it stuck? I am pretty sure the disk cleanup removed the old update backups, so is it even capable of restoring or is it going to sit there forever.
>>
>>59130283
try blurring them
>>
>>59135804
Sounds like you got rid of far more than a simple "disk cleanup"
>>
>>59135804
It's time to upgrade to Linux.

I recommend openSUSE Tumbleweed with KDE.
>>
>>59135949
Thats what I figured. I only checked the options it gave me and figured the only windows installs were OK to clear. Apparently not.

Should I just fresh install 7? How much would I lose on that particular drive if I did this?
>>
>>59134739
pls help
>>
File: 1466800367189.gif (94KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1466800367189.gif
94KB, 500x275px
Can I access and manipulate the vtable directly in C++?
>>
>>59129017
I'm trying to download files from a gopro to a shitty hp laptop, and it'll run the progress bar for a few minutes, then say something really unhelpful like "download failed".
Any suggestions?
>>
>>59130283
If it's only on the edges of the images would it be possible to just barely crop the edges by adjusting the canvas size with pixel measurements?
>>
>>59133858
plex is your only true bet, I use it pretty often and it works good. there are some other media share app which uses the built-in media player (it supports upnp or something like that) but those are laggy and don't have a sweet interface like plex
>>
>>59135527
Run without the gpu?
>>
File: 1482236145668.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482236145668.png
307KB, 500x500px
>8gb
8 gram bit?
What do they mean by this?
What is a gram bit?
>>
>>59136261
giga byte
>>
File: 1480964969162.jpg (38KB, 613x556px) Image search: [Google]
1480964969162.jpg
38KB, 613x556px
Is it possible to program my own AI and how do I get started?
>>
>>59136270
Gigabyte = GB
>>
>>59136261
/sqt/ doesn't equal "i am too lazy to google". if you just searched for >what is gb you would've got your answer.
>>
>>59136429
Have you tried getting your ISP to take a look at your modem?
>>
my internet keeps going off for about three minutes every twenty minutes and it wont connect to 4chan or anything else but it connects to google and microsoft.com normally and i used a torrent to check and it didnt stop downloading the file in fact it was downloading it at 2 mib/s and i dont know what to do the windows troubleshoot says that everything is alright because it tests by using microsoft.com that also works normally all the time but if i try using 4chan.org or something else it gives me this error "your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues"

i have tried resetting it through the modem page and by removing the power cable waiting a few seconds and putting it back on and i have tried swapping the cable with another one i had laying around so far

please help
>>
>>59136442
g = gram
b = bit or barn
"gram barn" makes no sense.
"gram bit" doesn't either.
>>
>>59136463
im going to call them to come over if nothing works but its sunday and im hoping that its something that i can fix myself
>>
>>59135514
alright listen up you babby, it would be a lot easier to help you if you would just tell us what os you're currently running. alright? alright go get 'em boy. just tell us what os you're running right now alright? you can do this. i mean i don't know why you wouldn't include such vital information in your original response but hey, we're in a STUPID question thread, right
>>
>>59135804
I realized I have an empty SSD laying around. If I fresh install windows on that, boot the machine with that will the other, currently 'broken' drive, have all the files just sitting there?

This is all assuming its not all screwed from the get go but there are only a few files I want to pull of that.
>>
>>59135232
you're buying a microhpone. anything is fine. if you're going to spend some serious buck there are bound to be some mic tests available on yt so you can check out the quality yourself.
>>
File: 911MnWNiGGL__SL1500_.jpg (271KB, 1464x1500px) Image search: [Google]
911MnWNiGGL__SL1500_.jpg
271KB, 1464x1500px
Can I just be assured that this:

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-CL-P0497-Intel-Heatsink-Fan/dp/B001CCGYU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488147365&sr=8-1&keywords=lga+775+cpu+cooler

will fit in this: http://mail.ubbcentral.com/store/item/-Intel-D75361-301-Desktop-Motherboard-32-Ghz-2GB-Tested,-Pulled-from-working-PC_122325314554.html (I can't find Intels product page, this is the most informative post I can find)

As a pet project, I'm trying to revive and repurpose my old system from 2008~ and I finally got that damn thing to boot into bios. Everything is good to go, HOWEVER, I lost the cpu heatsink/cooler years ago and none of the ones I have are narrow enough to fit in there. I didn't build this back in the day, so I don't have any experience with LGA775, but the picture leads me to believe that It should fit 775's narrow holes. I'd like to be 100% sure though before spending the 10 bucks.
>>
How can I use a script to download the pictures here http://www2.sat24.com/history.aspx?culture=en ?

If I right click on the image and I select "view image" I'm taken to a bigger version of it (which ideally is what I want), but if I change the url to, say, the next image by changing the date and hour I get just a blank screen, so using wget is out of the question since it won't work. How can I find a workaround? Will I need to use some javascript or something like that?
>>
>>59136590
Also, this isn't the exact model, but this looks extremely similar to the one I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121547
>>
>>59134963
depends entirely on the age in question. In this day and age it isn't strange for a teenager to use the entire existence of a computer purely for gaming and porn. sad and pathetic? yes, I agree. Could these young people permit being ignorant? yes, because they can get away with everything these days. who is there to blame? the parents?
>>
>>59136496
I'm not following you. You where questioning what "gb" stands for in the context "8gb". I would've googled for
>what is 8gb
>what is gb
>definition gb
>what does 8gb mean

I would not take the word apart, define two separate letters and put that together. That would naturally produce nonsense like you just demonstrated
>>
>>59133939
pls respond
>>
>>59136598
Run some JavaScript in the developer console that iterates over elements and for each element downloads the link.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.jpg (30KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.jpg
30KB, 277x277px
Trying to create a really simple web quiz in Java. Anyone decent at it?
>>
>>59136940
there's something happening preventing the user from accessing the file if it isn't requested at the frontned. so you couldn't just generate a list of all the links and then downloading those, because they would be empty.

i think he needs to do something smart with python to simulate the request and downloading the file.
>>
>>59136972
>simple web quiz in Java

Read up on how to serve simple html or even JSP, I don't think that would be too hard. Read up on servlets. Then it's just simple Java, a bunch of objects with information
>>
>>59137010
Cool. Thanks my dude.
>>
>>59136996
>simulate the request
Huh? What do you mean when you say simulate?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170226-170322.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170226-170322.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
More Apps suddenly popped up on my phone and I can't remove it. I tried to Google it, but I fail. Anyone know how?
>>
s data from databases like Oracle or SQL Server just a bunch of .txt files?
>>
>>59137376
A single .mdb file is usually it, unless very large so its several of them
>>
My plan is on buying the Ryzen 1700. I will be upgrading botherboard and ram as well since I'm still on DDR3.

Question is, Should I go with 2x4GB for right now to save about 50 bucks? or should I just go for 2x8GB and shell out the money? I'm mostly worried that 8GB wont be enough to run modern games that well, but I feel like 8GB RAM should be good.
>>
What's a good backup software, is what's recommended in the sticky (SyncToy) still good? (for windows)

I pretty much only want to backup my movies folder as i have 2TB of movies atm, I want to be able to backup for an hour or so then pause, turn my computer off, and start from where i left off yesterday is it is going to take a while to backup 2TB and I don't really want it going overnight.
Also whenever I get a few new movies I want the software to be able to detect the changes and only copy over the new stuff i've got.
>>
File: WhattheFuck.png (16KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WhattheFuck.png
16KB, 768x1024px
OK For whatever stupid fucking reason I can't connect to my server anymore from anything android related. I can connect to the server fine from my Linux Thinkpad, my chromebook, and all other PC's connected on the network. Pic related is the error I get no matter what credentials I try. (multiple users on the server can connect to each other no issue)

What gives? Why would this just randomly happen? Some back info
Network is configured as such.
>Modem to wireless dual band router
>Wireless router is also a 4 port switch which all PC's in the house are hardwired into
>The hardwire to my room is then routed to another larger 8 port switch to accommodate my desktop, my server, my rPI3, and PS4.
>Both android devices are running android 6.0.1 and using Solid explorer + FTP module for connecting to servers.

Everything was working FINE. What the hell happened?
>>
Video editing.
Premiere, Vegas, Final cut.

I assume theyre just different brands that ultimately do the same things. If you need one and a job requires another is it easy to switch?
>>
HOW DO I MAKE MONEY

I need to make atleast $60,00 in the next 2 year without a job

Doesn't matter if it's illegal as long as it's not reselling drugs
>>
File: CBProof.png (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CBProof.png
127KB, 1920x1080px
>>59137721
proof of my connection from my Chromebook. I was intending to make another shared folder of just pictures. I got sick of having reaction pictures, wallpapers, etc on all different devices. I was going to make a centralized pool to pull from all devices.
>>
>>59137794
>without a job
1. Walk around town looking for coins people have dropped.
2. Buy a lottery ticket.
3. ???
4. Profit
>>
>>59137794
Mcdonalds
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>59137794
look for a job
lie on resume and during interview
work
get payed
>>
Does anyone know how I can automatically set mpc to switch to sub2 and audio2 or an xdelta/script of some sort that will switch the default audio and subtitle to the second one in the .mkv container. And yes, I'm a f/a/gget.
>>
is blowjob really a job?
>>
>>59137931
you can do this with mkvmerge
>>
>>59137978
I can also use other fansubbing tools but I don't know one that can change 100~ files without doing one file at a time. I just wonder if there's an easier way to do this.
>>
>>59138184
You can do this with ffmpeg and do a for loop to finish it
>>
File: 000a.jpg (2MB, 4588x2128px) Image search: [Google]
000a.jpg
2MB, 4588x2128px
If I want to learn Ruby should I already be learning Rails as well? Or should I just focus on Ruby first? Or should I just do Rails?
>>
Is it possible to configure OpenVPN to exclude certain programs? What I am trying to say is that I don't want certain application to use the OpenVPN connection.
>>
>>59138184
sorry, mkvmerge was the wrong tool, the right one is another tool in mkvtoolnix:
mkvpropedit movie.mkv --edit track:s1 --set flag-default=0 --edit track:s2 --set flag-default=1 --edit track:a1 --set flag-default=0 --edit track:a2 --set flag-default=1

throw that in a loop over each of your movie files and you're done.
I'm not going to write your bash/powershell/batch script for you but I will show what it would look like in the shell I use (fish)
function swap_tracks --description 'swap default flag from first to second track for each file argument'
for FILE in $argv
mkvpropedit $FILE \
--edit track:s1 --set flag-default=0 \
--edit track:s2 --set flag-default=1 \
--edit track:a1 --set flag-default=0 \
--edit track:a2 --set flag-default=1
end
end
>>
File: 81eJtdiuKyL._SL1500_.jpg (89KB, 1500x1004px) Image search: [Google]
81eJtdiuKyL._SL1500_.jpg
89KB, 1500x1004px
got one of these, custom firmware yay or no?
>>
Im selling a Laptop with Ubuntu pre-installed on it and was wondering if deleting the Admin account was good enough before I sold it.

Or will I have to reinstall ubuntu completely?
Whichever is the most efficient way of making sure whoever buys it won't get any information I have on it.
>>
>>59138321
You can setup multiple bridges and then route the data via a firewall
>>
File: 20170226_183324.jpg (2MB, 3506x1973px) Image search: [Google]
20170226_183324.jpg
2MB, 3506x1973px
How do I fix this. It happens randomly almost every time I get on. Nothing seems to trigger it.
>>
If a drive fails in a raid 5 do you know?

Or do you not know until either 2 fail or you do a manual test?
>>
Name of the project that hides files in in videos?
>>
>>59138629
They raid will fail to function.You can only lose one drive in a raid 5 array.
>>
>>59138531
I would just wipe the drive. I mean unless you think that really will be a selling point (I doubt it)
>>
>>59138655
I know that if 2 fail it will stop working, but when one fails do you notice? or does it just keep doing it's thing with a dead drive?
>>
>>59138579
Tried looking for the stop code
http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/A-process-or-thread-crucial-to-system-operation-has-0x000000F4-*1241.html
>>
>>59138202
>>59138322
Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

What I ended up with (for winfags):
@echo off
for /f "tokens=*" %%G in ('dir *.mkv /a-d /b') do (
"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "%%G" --edit track:a1 --set flag-default=0
"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "%%G" --edit track:a2 --set flag-default=1
"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "%%G" --edit track:s1 --set flag-default=0
"C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "%%G" --edit track:s2 --set flag-default=1
echo.
)
pause
>>
File: 1487892052119.gif (170KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
1487892052119.gif
170KB, 500x263px
How does one copy an entire fan wiki page, like installgentoo wiki for offline use?
>>
"Write a cout statement so the variable divSales is displayed in a field of eight spaces, in fixed-point notation, with a decimal point and two decimal digits."

Someone do this for me. I don't get it.
>>
>>59138701
Something like http://www.httrack.com/ does the job.
>>
>>59138649
Steganosaurus
>>
Is there any way to fix frame pacing issues for AMD? I have a single card, and older games tend to stutter a ton at less than 60fps. Only reason this is an issue is because Fallout New Vegas has a few areas that are just optimized like shit because the engine itself is shit. Any ideas on what I could enable or disable?
>>
Is Bluetooth as a Desktop PC peripheral use case still pretty shit?
>>
File: ssh.png (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ssh.png
12KB, 256x256px
What's the safest, most functional way to implement an SSH server in Windows 7?

I basically want to remotely control my PC with admin privileges.
>>
>>59138701
wget \
--recursive \
--no-clobber \
--page-requisites \
--html-extension \
--convert-links \
--random-wait \
--restrict-file-names=windows \
--domains <WEBSITE> \
--no-parent \
<WEBSITE>
>>
>>59138838
passwordless keyfile if you can
>>
>>59138678
I went through and made sure all the connections were in nice and tight. Assuming all my drivers are up to date would the next step be to buy new cables since one might be broken?
>>
File: 1473670041439.png (171KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1473670041439.png
171KB, 374x347px
I have two stupid questions.

Are rechargeable batteries safe? Like, they won't randomly explode at night or something? I want a AA and a AAA pair for this cheap wireless logitech keyboard+mouse i just bought, but i don't want to buy two $50 pair of batteries every few months for these things.

In case rechargeable batteries are shit, do the keyboard and mouse still consume battery at all times even if i'm not using them (i do realize that the mouse is considered "in use" if i move it even a little) or only if the receiver is plugged in the computer? Because i'd hate to take out the batteries from both every night just to save a few pennies, i may be a poorfag but not a jew.
>>
>>59133604
bump
>>
File: BlxCZxb.png (3KB, 453x38px) Image search: [Google]
BlxCZxb.png
3KB, 453x38px
>>59129017
>http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-create-a-seamless-topographic-map-pattern

picture related after expanding

How do I change the color of those lines, if I change the "question mark color" it switches background color instead of the lines colors (looking gray right now)
>>
>>59138988
They're safe, but diminish in time.
>>
>>59138896
I'm not entirely sure what that means. I was mostly asking for software suggestions. I have used Cygwin SSH in the past, but was wondering if there's a better option these days.
>>
>>59138956
If nothing seems to have happened software-wise, see if anything shorted out I guess. Doesn't hurt to have extra cables just in case.
>>
>>59133604
>>59139008
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/make-your-own-screen-cleaning-spray-on-the-cheap/
Cleaning solutions are generally just Isopropyl alcohol diluted with purified water. Water is safe for your screen and will work in a pinch, but won't break down much and if you're just using tap water it'll leave impurities and cause streaking.
>>
>>59139089
I appreciate it, thank you.
>>
What scripts / proxy manipulation are the bots on /tv/ running to be able to spam CP and Blacked Porn daily while avoiding multiple ban attempts?
>>
>>59138988
Wireless mouse and keyboards sometimes have an ON/OFF switch.
>>
My Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is stuck in a reboot loop, and when I try to start recovery mode, it says no command. I cannot find any solution, can someone here help me?
>>
File: drives.png (48KB, 745x600px) Image search: [Google]
drives.png
48KB, 745x600px
I want to take my all HDD drives and turn them into a single logical drive. What RAID array is best for this set up or should I make a spanned volume?
>>
>>59139047
Thank you, i know they diminish in time like phone batteries but it's still better to buy rechargeable right? I don't mind buying expensive batteries since i lasted about a year and half buying them for the xbone before i bought the plug and play kit but considering the mouse and keyboard cost me about 30 dollars it'd feel like a massive waste to buy the most expensive batteries they sell in my country, i might as well just go for the absolute best mouse available and a mechanical keyboard then.

>>59139125
These don't, like i said it was a cheap logitech combo i bought somewhere but according to people on forums they turn off after 10 minutes if they're not in use so i guess i answered one of my own questions, thank you anyway.
>>
>>59139264
>still better to buy rechargeable right?
I've done it. You should too.
>>
>>59139242
JBOD
>>
Is it OK if I clone my harddrive with Windows on it to new/bigger harddrive? Or is it a bad idea and I should just clean install everything on it.
>>
>>59139157
Did you root it recently with some kind of app without using the computer? Because kingroot is famous for completely wiping the recovery on some phones.

Have you tried reflashing the phone with adb or odin? I had a galaxy nexus that wouldn't even get to recovery without restarting and a full stock reflash did the trick, it still works and uses a crappy nougat rom but the battery is total shit, like 2 hours screentime and 10 standby if you're lucky.

http://www.androiddata-recovery.com/blog/solved-no-command-error-in-recovery-mode-on-android

Try that link.
>>
>>59129741
>load up files on a hard drive
>put on files
>literally move the drive over
>take off files
what the fuck is this question
>>
>>59129961
Indian
also called a Poo in Loo or any common indian-sounding name (Rajesh, etc.)
>>
>>59130912
offliberty.com
>>
>>59139344
Clone away, macrium reflect is my go to.
>>
>>59133692
this guy >>59133746
is right
use an email manager (microsoft outlook, mosilla thunderbird, or Mail if you're on a Mac) and you can manage that very easily
>>
What are some good macros programs?
I want to spam a key for a given amount of time, and then 2 other keys in repeat.
>>
File: 1pKAKEF.png (37KB, 667x688px) Image search: [Google]
1pKAKEF.png
37KB, 667x688px
>>59129017
picture related, how do I change temporarily to bash without each time removing those lines from .bashrc?
>>
>>59134279
It means that program is retarded and relies on an environment variable that isn't set from dmenu's perspective, but is set in a login shell

The simplest solution is to edit dmenu_run to launch programs from a login shell, so instead of exec $program it would be exec shell -i $program, or source the file you have all your environment variables set in (if you do that - you should.)
>>
>>59137943
well the slang started from victorian prostitutes, for whom it was definitely a job
fun fact: "blow" was victorian-era slang for "cum" (the verb, not the noun)
>>
>>59139576
type bash
>>
I'm preordering the ryzen meme. Will Newegg ship it on the day of or will it get here that day?
>>
>>59131686
Try to clear dns cashe, open cmd and type ipconfig /flushdns
>>
Quick question about storage space.

So, when I select everything on my drive (Windows, ProgramData, Programs Files, Users, etc.) it says that it's 175 GB.
But, when I right click on my drive and go to preferences, it says that I'm using 204 GB.
Assuming system protection isn't calculated into the chunk missing from the space, since the HDD is actually 238 GB, that would be another 3,4 GB because the protection is enabled.
So, where are those missing 25,6 GB being used at? Why are they missing?
Windows 7 x64 if that matters.
>>
>>59139544
autohotkey
>>
>>59138629
Anybody?
How do you know when a drive fails in a raid 5?
>>
>>59139765
it could be recycle bin, it could be folders/files marked as "hidden"...
>>
How do I do this in C++

I want to store a number of objects of unknown type somewhere within a struct
>>
File: MSI X99S SLI Plus BoxBoard.png (3MB, 2998x2060px) Image search: [Google]
MSI X99S SLI Plus BoxBoard.png
3MB, 2998x2060px
When I compare the stats between a 6800k and a 6700k, the 6700k comes out ahead despite being half the price and a cheaper chipset.

What gives? Is x99 a meme? Why bother paying double for hardware below or at a performance rate of a similar model?
>>
>>59139813
Oh wait I think all of the objects are specializations of a class, this make it easier, doesnt it?
>>
>>59139793
I just disabled the hide system files option and now it's actually 203.
Seriously, hiberfil.sys and pagefile.sys are 27,9 GB.
What are these files even?
>>
i need a stock windows 7 iso
plz halp
>>
File: lightscribe-labeling-guide_BIG.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lightscribe-labeling-guide_BIG.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
Lightscribe has been discontinued since 2013, lightscribe CDs are 5$+ each nowadays,
LabelFlash is also dead.
Does a replacement even exist?
>>
I need some ready database solution for a small company that would allow simultaneous editing by multiple people, preferably from a web browser. I'd use Access but it has problems with exactly that - simultaneous editing. No Internet access, only local network. What should I use?
>>
>>59139894
Why would you need to use CDs?
>>
>>59139867
how much ram do you have? those are probably too big

pagefile is used when your RAM is totally full, so the system uses the pagefile as extra "fake ram". since it's on the HDD instead of being an actual ram stick, it will be slow as shit and generally have awful performance, so you want to minimize actually using it. I think in general it doesn't need to be larger in size than your actual RAM.

hiberfile is used to store a "snapshot" of your current RAM when you put the computer into hibernate mode.
>>
>>59139813
Storing an object of arbitrary type in a struct is easy: just cast it as a void pointer. Getting the data back without having any idea what type it is is not so easy; C++ doesn't remember such things for you and the compiler destroys most of that information. For arbitrary data you would either need to wrap the variable in a Templated class or rely on compiler-specific functionality such as typeid.

>>59139863
Storing it would be easy (just store it as the base type) and it's far more usable in this form than in void pointer form, but if you want to get which inherited class it was originally, that would still be tricky.
>>
>>59139942
16GB.
I guess that's why they're so big.
Thanks for answering.
>>
File: mansam.png (228KB, 410x411px) Image search: [Google]
mansam.png
228KB, 410x411px
I bought a new graphics card but it doesn't connect to the power supply. It only connects to the motherboard.

Ever since installing it it's run a lot cooler than my last shitty graphics card, but now my CPU/motherboard are overheating, getting to like 60C when I'm not even playing any games, just installing shit.

I really don't have the money to replace my CPU or motherboard right now, is there anything I can do about this? I don't want this shit to overheat and cost me a few hundred bucks.
>>
>>59139953
Thank you! Luckily I just need to access a method that is common to all
>>
>>59139940
Listening to music in old radios, aka my car's.
Burning my mixtapes.
Things.
But that's not the point, really. What I'm asking is, is there a (cheap) way to print CD/DVD labels. Lightscribe was perfect for my use, however it's long dead.
>>
>>59139995
Then just store it as the base type. That's pretty much why inheritance and virtual functions exists, after all; so that you can store objects as the parent type and use common methods without having to worry about what their sub-class is.
>>
>>59139980
60c is nothing to worry about thats not even close to overheating.Come back when it breaks 80c
>>
>>59140022
Really? I've read elsewhere that 60 is bad, but I try to put my faith in /g/ not to steer me wrong.
>>
>>59139880
>>59139880
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+7+download
>>
My company is giving us Remote Desktop, not VPN, so we can access our shared folders. On a scale of 1-10, how stupid is this? And are there any security risks?
>>
>>59140174

Having Remote Desktop enabled at all is a risk in of itself. You my as well use an FTP at that point.
>>
>>59140319
Can you explain so a layman can understand? I had a vague idea that it was dumb and I want to convince my boss why this is stupid.
>>
Apart from needing an AC adapter, what are the differences between 3.5 and 2.5 external HDD's.
Are 2.5's significantly slower because they have less power?
Or is the only real difference the price because 2.5's are more compact.
>>
>>59140371
>needing an AC adapter
wat?
Its smaller
You will need a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter for your case
your laptop most likely already uses one
>>
>>59139848
If you looked more closely x99 based chips do better in multithreaded tasks and certain single thread tasks. x99 based chips are a beast when it comes to media encoding and streaming
>>
>>59140404
I think you misread what I was asking, I'm asking about external HDD's.
>>
>>59140174
In short:

- The TLS support is anemic. It only supports v1.0 w/ 128-bit keys.
- """""Encryption""""" is RC4 which has been broken for a decade
- It's susceptible to bruteforcing due to a lack of rate limiting or failure bans
- It is always run as a local administrator due to needing to access login screens

It's not good enough by itself if you care about secure communications. A good deployment will wrap RDP inside of an IPsec/SSL VPN.

There are not a lot of good options though. With remote desktop software, you basically have the choice between:

>VNC
Which has no secure communications naturally and varies heavily depending on the client/server implementation
>RDP
Built in, mostly Just Werks^tm
>TeamViewer
>trusting company data with proprietary communications software which has a history of insecure defaults & account breakins
lmaoing @ u
>>
>>59140630
Read your mobo's manual
>>
What does rice mean, and why do I see it mentioned in these threads.
>>
How flexible is PCIe?

Says I had two PCIe slots, one is full x16 and the second is wired for x8 lanes but using those x8 lanes in the second slot piggy backs off of the first x16 slot causing it to run at only x8 lanes too.

If I use a x4 card such as an SSD in that x8 slot, does the first slot reduce itself to x8 lanes or can it operate at x12?
>>
>>59140642

This is more asking about the nature of PCIe, not what the motherboard can do.
>>
>>59140670
Gaudy, tacky. The term originated with Vietnamese people because they would "rice out" their cheap Mazdas with shit like spoilers.
>>
>>59140686
It holey depends on how it was wired on your motherboard, and different manufacturers do it differently.
Currently i have 2x 16x and one 4x card
They are all running at max performance.
My old mobo would have reduced the 16x,16x,8x to 8x,8x,4x
It depends on what you have
>>
File: 1410501028725.png (246KB, 391x327px) Image search: [Google]
1410501028725.png
246KB, 391x327px
How long do I have to wait for WMP to update the media library on the laptop that is technically a DLNA server? It's been 8 hours
>>
>>59139357
Thank you anon, but unfortunately I already tried everything, even stock reflash. It was never rooted or anything. It seems that its time to buy a new phone.
>>
Will a faster USB help me to install windows faster?
>>
>>59140995
In theory, yes
>>
I get the error This site can’t provide a secure connection ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, pic related whenever I try to google something, but only in private browsing.

I'm running Debian 8.7, browser is chromium. I tried clearing browser cache but no dice.
>>
>>59141140
Update CA certs
>>
>>59141161
By doing
apt-get install ca-certificates
?
I just did that and it said it was already up to date, and it still doesn't work.
>>
>>59141033
So going from:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1 x64 (C) 2007-2017 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 19.505 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 8.466 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 2.406 MB/s [ 587.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 0.004 MB/s [ 1.0 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 18.876 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 3.565 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 2.232 MB/s [ 544.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 0.027 MB/s [ 6.6 IOPS]

Test : 1024 MiB [F: 22.0% (1618.6/7371.5 MiB)] (x5) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2017/02/26 21:22:41
Kingston Datatraveler SE8 USB 2.0

To a Samsung USB 3.0 or a Sandisk USB 3.0 that work at 120-150MB/s would increase install speed?
Or its just theoretical?
>>
Getting a $3000 tax return.Deadly in need of a new build(8 years old).How does this look?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xpkGtJ
>>
>>59141259
Dont buy seagate HDDs.

We dont know yet if Ryzen will be good so better wait a week to see how good they are.

Other than that, yeah, looks great.
>>
>>59141258
I don't know. Honestly I haven't installed windows via USB 3.0 yet. In theory it should be faster. Don't drop any money on it unless you're installing Windows a bunch. USB sticks aren't really expensive though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>59141191
>>59141161
I don't know if it took a few minutes to take effect or something, but it started working. Thank you.
>>
>>59141464

>>59141464

>>59141464

NEW THREAD!
>>
>>59140371
the USB drive is probably going to be the limiting factor when it comes to speed.

If you dont want it super portable, go big, its cheaper and Im pretty sure they are slightly more reliable
>>
>>59140995
Maybe, if you have an SSD then yes.
Ive noticed installs go faster on my ssds then hdds. So I imagine the usb isn't the limiting factor in that case.
>>
>>59141271
>Dont buy the best HDDs

Ok so that's entirely my personal bias. But really Seagate is about tied with WD for reliability. Hitachi and Toshiba have them beat though
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.