[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

x86 SBC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: VIA_EPIA_P910_Front.jpg (102KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
VIA_EPIA_P910_Front.jpg
102KB, 400x275px
Greetings, /g/entoomen!
Have any of you an experience vith VIA processors? Want to share?
Also, SBC and embedded thread.
>>
Shameless bump. I feel like I'm crying to the ocean and nobody hear a word.
>>
>>59129402
>>59127251
It's not that, it's just that /g/ is basically consumerist spergs circlejerking to hardware benchmarks and chinese shit nowdays.
You'd be better off asking /diy/, to be honest. Good luck.
>>
>>59127251
>Have any of you an experience vith VIA processors? Want to share?

never buy via, they don't offer any support

arm's they way, arm's love
>>
>>59127251
VIA is the Cyrix of the 21st century
>>
I've been thinking of getting an old laptop off craigslist and using that when I need x86.
A step up from that is probably the intel NUC, but that's a bit expensive for one of these boards...
>>
>>59127251
Via make interesting CPUs. They achieve (realtivly) high performance on incredibly low clocked CPUs like 1 GHz to 2 GHz. It makes me wonder how competitive with Intel and AMD they'd be if they weren't restricted by their small budget and consumer base.
>>
File: 1473793243200.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1473793243200.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>59127251
>x86 sbc

What's the point when you can get a latest gen atom (goldmont) quadcore for less?

https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-Motherboard-Combo-Motherboards-J3455-ITX/dp/B01MQ0EUBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488130710&sr=8-1&keywords=J4205
>>
>>59131682
I can't find reliable sources for their performance. I want something more productive than RPi3 for IoT controller. Intel embedded Atoms go as finished products, not SBC, so I really interested in VIA.
>>
>>59131773
It's kinda large and no GPIO.
>>
>>59131957
>Intel embedded Atoms go as finished products, not SBC

What about the Intel Edison, Currie, D2000 Board?
>>
>>59132024
Well, D2000 is a microcontroller.
About Edisson I've heard a lot of negative feedback, especially that it can't run any general-purpose GNU/Linux distro because of locked bootloader. Their own distro lacks packages and poorly maintained.
Correct me, if I'm wrong.
>>
>>59127251
What's the point if we have Atom/Celeron?Pentium SBCs that can play 4k video with gpio pins, 2 Gbit ethernet and 8GB memory + 64GB eMMC installed for the same price?
http://up-shop.org/4-up-boards
>>
>>59132759
That's interesting, thx anon
>>
>>59131128
Nah, Cyrix chips could actually be competitive for some tasks in their heyday. These are more like the Geode or MediaGX of the 21st century.
>>
>>59132759
>$150+ for this trash
http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/q1900-itx/

paid like $50 for this years ago
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.