[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are desktop computers dying with normies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: office-computer-maintenance-nyc.jpg (82KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
office-computer-maintenance-nyc.jpg
82KB, 620x465px
Of course computers won't die with the workplace but many people nowadays almost exclusively use a mobile device to manage their leisure activities such as social media and gaming. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would never be able to cope. When I use social media like reddit, tumblr or facebook I get tired very easily and run straight for my desktop.

I only use my mobile devices for very simple tasks such as liking photos or searching up information but the moment I do something like type or adjust my privacy settings I'm on my desktop.

What about (You) guys?
>>
I'm mostly at home and use my computer

I got a $250 smartphone for when I go out
>>
Laptops and mobile devices do everything that normies want, but desktops will always be cheaper for higher specs and will have more room for cooling and such, so this means that they'll always have a place with businesses, professionals, etc.
>>
File: 1456226716629.jpg (48KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
1456226716629.jpg
48KB, 600x804px
>>59126506
Someone gave me an ipad and even I don't know what the fuck to do with it. It's like a disabled computer with a big screen.
>>59126511
Yeah basically this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFvPbFKD9YM
>>
>>59126494
most people in my family have desktops or use them in some capacity outside of their home
all of them have at the very minimum a laptop with no signs of that changing soon, the ones who do have tablets use them as companions to their computers rather than total replacements

/g/ needs to stop projecting their basic bitch 95% of time in the browser use cases on the rest of the world desu
>>
>>59126594
Your mom and aunts use desktop computers in 2017? Stop lying anon.
>>
>>59126494
This is why they push so hard for gaming these days.
And why gamergate happened. They are trying to purge the community from the despicables.
>>
>>59126494
The answer is yes. Hardware prices will go up because most normalfags don't need muh performance, even for games
>When I use social media like reddit, tumblr or facebook
What are you even doing here?
>>
>>59126494
Personal computing is dying.

Everyone is reverting back to dumb terminals in the form of cloud computing. The power that was given to people through personal computing is now being stripped away.

Think about how different your life would have been if you didnt have access to a desktop personal computer in your home to tinker and play around with.
>>
>>59126494
I have a desktop and a laptop. My two younger brothers have a desktop and a laptop each. My dad has a desktop and a laptop. My mum has a laptop and says she needs a desktop. Most people in my extended family have at least a laptop each. I don't see that changing within the next five years.
>>
>>59126594
laptops are not desktops
>>
>>59126494
>and gaming
no they are not
clash of clans is not gaming
hearthstone is not gaming

all my friends are fucking normies, they fucking go party every weekend and have their gf's
when they want to game they literally all have a fucking desktop
same goes for every person I've met and talked to at my uni

where is this meme of the dying desktop even coming from? must be some exclusive new york hipster shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.