[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multimonitor Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: trifecta.jpg (67KB, 596x264px) Image search: [Google]
trifecta.jpg
67KB, 596x264px
ITT we talk about multiple monitors.

What kind of setups would give you pic related? It seems like it would be perfect for me. Would a 30" 16:10 and 2 20" 16:10s make it work?

At work I use 2 22" monitors side by side, and it's okay.
>>
>>59123741
the problem I have with these is they require a desktop.

my work laptop is a 16GB e7440 so I end up using 1080 onscreen and 1080 on monitor. External monitor *can* run 2k but laptop fans have to run non-stop so the noise is worse than 1080.

I would love something like that with a desktop or for home use.

Is that setup suggesting 4k center 4096 or 3840×2160 with the sides each 2048×1080 to almost match the 2160?

>that's a lot of GPU
>>
Model some monitors you're eying in CAD and set them up next to each other. Also in my experience it's better having 2 portrait monitors next to eachother and a landscape on the side if you're working with 3. It ain't pretty, but you're coding on it, not impress jerkoffs at a dinner party.
>>
I have a 21:9 main monitor and then a vertical 16:9, it covers all bases for me. Movies, video/sound editing, and gaming are great on an ultrawide, then the vertical 16:9 is great for web browsing and forums
>>
>>59124061
How do you like doing non graphical work on it?

I want to get one of those sweet curved 34" 1440p ones, but I can't justify dropping a grand on something I'm only going to use for games and movies.
>>
>>59123741
>he uses multiple monitors
>he doesn't use a single 4:3 monitor
sage
>>
>>59124104
>non graphical work on it

such as what? Ultrawide is a waste for things like web browsing, unless you screen split and have multiple windows open side by side. It's nice for things like excel or word documents since you can have 2 pages open at the same time. I mainly got it for movies/gaming though. I do a lot of sim-racing and the 21:9 aspect is so much more immersive
>>
>>59124127
I meant things like programming and data visualizations. I feel most efficient with 3 monitors, but it's such a pain in the ass to set up for multimonitor gaming that I just end up using one.
>>
>>59123889
>he don't know how to hook 2 monitors to his laptop
>>
>>59124164
I have a 34" 1440p ultrawide and I wish I got a 4K instead. Most websites are either too much white space, or the text is off to the corner (like 4chan). I purchased it mostly for movies but even then you won't be able to display actual 21:9 content unless it's pirated since Netflix and Blu-ray players output a forced 16:9 signal which induces double letter-boxing.
>>
>>59123741
I currently use a 40" 4K monitor and two 4:3 monitors in portrait and my measurements show that two 24" 8:5 monitors are the same height (in portrait!) as my 40" monitor.

Personally, with how I use my displays I was thinking about one 8:5 and two stacked 16:9 displays to surround my 4K monitor.

>>59124114
Love 4:3 monitors... I might get a few more this week. Don't know if I could use just one at a time though.
>>
What is the cheapest GPU that can run two cheap 1280 x 1024 and a 1920 x 1080 monitor.

Trying to do triple setup but my GPU only supports two. Same with the motherboard
>>
>>59123741
i got 3 1080p 24inches side by side. would've liked to flip one vertically but it's not IPS

can't complain considering my last setup was just a couple of 17s
>>
>>59123741
What's the setup on OP pic? How do I make the same with Dell U2415?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.