[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, without memeing, the easiest way to become employable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1487533876025.png (644KB, 926x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487533876025.png
644KB, 926x1024px
Tell me, without memeing, the easiest way to become employable in computer science.
>>
>>59122614
Be a minority
>>
>>59122614
Be black or a women, or both.
>>
>>59122614
Go to a uni, do some internships, graduate, work in industry.
>>
To begin you must absolutely own this first:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01850OST0
>>
>>59122635
yeah that's so easy
>>
>>59122614
Unless you are a Pajeet, you should give up.
>>
>>59122614
If you're white, be at a level so far above your minority peers that they can't help but acknowledge you. This will not work, however, unless you devote 10+ hours per day to studying your craft for a period of 10+ years.
>>
>>59122717
it actually is, unless you live in the US and have to get in debt to go to Uni. Otherwise you just need a IQ above 80
>>
>>59122717
apply to a university. if you can't get in, go to community college for a while, then transfer in. do well in your classes. get some internships. four years later, graduate. $$$

of course you could always go to some shit bootcamp. but if you really wanna be super marketable you need an actual degree and experience. there are no shortcuts.

this probably isn't what you want to hear. you probably think that you can do some python tutorials and build some shit website in ruby on rails and snag a 100k a year job. it doens't ever happen like that
>>
File: probablydontwant.png (29KB, 202x197px) Image search: [Google]
probablydontwant.png
29KB, 202x197px
>>59122635
what if the internships part didn't pan out and graduation is creeping closer
>>
ITT: white male persecution complex.
>>
>>59123195
eh, I know some guys that did jack shit outside of class and never had a single internship and were able to find jobs

don't worry too much. yeah, you're not gonna be working at google or jane street, but you'll be fine.
>>
>>59122614
/g/ - "Technology"

"""technology discussion"""
>>
>>59123053
If I had a nickel for everytime someone asks me why I when to uni for Computer Engineering when I could've just one to some 2 week bootcamp and got a $50k job like they did I'd never have to work again.

Fucking retards
>>
>>59122614
Learn literally any programming language.

Every week it seems like I read an article where employers moan about people applying for jobs who can't write a single line of code.
>>
>>59123285
>like they did
So they do have 50k jobs after 2 weeks of bootcamp?
>>
>>59123376
Yeah, and that's where they'll stay for the rest of their careers.
>>
>>59123380
That really isn't a bad deal compared to $0 jobs for the rest of their life.
>>
>>59123615
That's fine as long as you don't look down on me while I literally make more than that at my internship.
>>
>>59123676
You sound insecure.
>>
>>59123195
>be me
>be math senior
>working in our IT department
>doing programming
>love knowing that I cucked a compsci student out of an internship
>>
You don't need any credentials at all to be the IT department janitor, so that's probably fastest
>>
>>59123690
You sound mentally retarded. Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
File: 1487376336977.gif (2MB, 270x279px) Image search: [Google]
1487376336977.gif
2MB, 270x279px
>>59122614
Best case:
1. Go to college
2. Do projects, prepare for interviews
3. Do internships
4. Graduate, work as a real software engineer at a good company with scope for career advancement
>Earn 80-160k

Mediocre case:
1. Do a bootcamp
2. Do a shit ton of personal projects
3. Do lots of self-learning
4. Be code-monkey at a webdev shop for the rest of your life because no one's gonna trust you with anything more than the one specific web framework that you're good at
>Earn 40-60k
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 500x376px
>>59124213
(Cont.)
Worst case:
1. Do COMPtia certs
2. Work at Geeksquad or equivalent
3. Go on /gee/ and shitpost about why Java is for Pajeets, C/C++ for betas, JS and Ruby for hipsters, Rust for SJWs and functional languages for autists.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.